Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just about to buy camper

Options
  • 27-07-2009 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi
    Am just about to buy camper this week..Rang insurance and said would need engineers report before I can get insured.There is no recent engineer report with the van. It is a conversion. Should I get an engineers report done by the seller before purchase?The seller says we should have no problems with getting it done ourselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I would make sure that the vehicle will pass an engineers report or you could end up with a camper that you may need to do a lot of work on.
    I looked at buying a camper in the North, it had a new MOT, but on inspection it was rough looking underneith, got a mate to take a look and he advised me to leave it has it wouldn't get passed an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

The engineers report is fairly easy to organise - basically find a decent mechanic with a stamp (vat registered? not sure what the stamp denotes) who is willing to do it. It should be done in a day.
    Maybe compromise and suggest that you sort out the engineers report, and he defers receiving payment until it's done?
    If it's the formality he says it should be no problem, and even if you didn't buy the van it's in his interest to have the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cottage

Thanks a mill.Thats great help..

Advertisement