Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Budget for Tokyo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The only time I felt unsafe with my wallet at all was when in Roppongi. Only stayed in Roppongi for about 10-15 minutes before getting a subway to Shibuya because the amount of other foreigners trying to hassle you into clubs was very over-bearing.

Agreed.
    I did not like Roppongi at all. Amusing to see but well dodgy I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Roppongi is such a kip alright. Amazing the change between day and night there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Where is the best place to get the JR pass, I'm going for 21 days so would it be worth getting the 21 day pass I would say I will be in Tokyo for about 10 days at least. Will it work out cheaper than buying day passes for travelling about the city?

http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/jr-pass

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

We got our JR rail pass from here.

The pass only works for JR trains and the Yamanote circle line in Tokyo.
    Tickets for the metro will have to be bought separately. If you are in Tokyo for 10 days then you should only get the JR Pass to cover the other days, one or two weeks.
    Best way to do it is plan Tokyo at start or end of holiday.

Advertisement