Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I rob Blacktie? Or vice versa?

• 27-10-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I needed a Tux for a debs so today I headed down to Blacktie. Very nice guy there, measured me up, and the total cost of 2 button evening tux, evening trousers and a plain front shirt was €59!

Did I inadvertently buy a bin-bag? The tux I tried on felt ok, but that was probably a different one just for size purposes. The brand of the tux is DENVER, if anyone can tell me what kind of quality that is, it would be much appreciated! It never occured to me until I was half way home that I had expected to pay at least €150, they advertise debs suits FROM that price.

I really don't know what I've bought, and feel lik a right fool.

Help me, fashionistas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

seems reasonable price for RENTAL, but way to cheap for PURCHASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ravima wrote: »
    seems reasonable price for RENTAL, but way to cheap for PURCHASE
    You may be being to vague here. Maybe pictures would help?

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Definitely has to be a rental.

donvito99 wrote: »
    I really don't know what I've bought, and feel lik a right fool.
    You're getting warmer....

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Yes, thats what I've done. I wanted to buy a fecking suit! So I've rented one, I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Cheers for the quick replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Wow

donvito99 wrote: »
    Yes, thats what I've done. I wanted to buy a fecking suit! So I've rented one, I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Cheers for the quick replies.
    No worries. Cheers for the giggles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Ha, well there's a first for everything. I said initially to him that "I needed a suit for a debs", so he must have thought immediately - rental.

Ah well, noobish shopper is noobish, caveat emptor and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

I hired a suit from there and never brought it back. You may consider this avenue only if you paid cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thelonious wrote: »
    I hired a suit from there and never brought it back. You may consider this avenue only if you paid cash.

The above is theft and is not condoned by Boards. Please don't advise other posters to commit theft.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I didn't think blacktie did purchase options - aren't they ONLY rental?

Edit: looks like I was wrong - they do do sales. Although I imagine they prefer to rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

smcgiff wrote: »
    I didn't think blacktie did purchase options - aren't they ONLY rental?

Nope... http://www.store.blacktie.ie/index.php/suits.html

Advertisement