Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singer and second guitarist needed for originals Stoner/Sludge band. Dublin.

• 05-12-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

We're a Stoner/Sludge/Rock/Metal/whatever band trying to get something original going.

So far it's myself (guitar), a drummer and a bassist.

We're currently in the writing stages, but we have a couple of recordings that we can send to anyone interested.

We're looking for a singer first and foremost but if there are any guitarists out there looking to join something like this then feel free to get in touch. Ability to sing and write lyrics a bit would be a plus but not a dealbreaker.

Influences are but not limited to: Black Sabbath, Mastodon, Led Zeppelin, Clutch, Acid Bath, Kyuss, Sleep, Queens Of The Stone Age, Electric Wizard, Baroness, Tool, Them Crooked Vultures etc.

We rehearse in Badlands Studios in Harolds Cross, Dublin.

All ages/genders/species welcome to try out.

If this sounds like it floats your boat then don't hesitate to send us a pm or just reply in the thread.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shrky

Very interested in this. Guitarist here, can sing (not very well but can). Writing doom/drone myself at the moment. Gnosis Sunesis is the work in progress on Soundcloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

Sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fullgrid76

Did ye get sorted with a guitarist yet?
    Quit my job to get a band together and have just started writing my own stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

fullgrid76 wrote: »
    Did ye get sorted with a guitarist yet?
    Quit my job to get a band together and have just started writing my own stuff .

I've had about 5 guitarists get in touch so far, no singers yet but sure that's to be expected.

Have you any examples of your playing?

Send me a pm sure if you don't want to post it up here.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Manaslu

Hey,

Really like the sound of what you're prosposing. I'm a guitarist in my mid 30s myself, based in D8 and into Kyuss, Colour Haze, Mastodon, Solstafir, Kylesa etc.

Have an ep here and if you like the sound of it drop me a line sure

mythicshot.bandcamp.com/album/the-grand-lodge

Cheers!

I had to take out the start of that link as they wont let me post links here. Google "Mythic Shot The Grand Lodge" and you'll get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

I'll do vocals for this in a heartbeat. P'm me bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

I'm into bands like Eyehategod, wizard, acid king, grief, sleep, windhand, etc. Also big black metal and trash metal fan. I think a doom/trash crossover would be awesome. I actually have an add up on this aswell looking for guitar and drums for a band. I would be down for jamming over the xmas holiday. Holla!

Advertisement