Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightnet High Speed Wireless Broadband

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ryehilllad wrote: »
    Any one still with Lightnet thinking about going with them would appreciate an update on what they are like?

with them nearly 3 years, miles better than my previous isp but im restricted to only two where I live which is about 3 miles from you

I think they are pretty good and when there are problems they are always quick to return your calls and let you know when things are good again
    pricing is a bit steep and you wouldnt want to be downloading boxsets or the likes
    i have 3mb/1mb up and it tends to me 2-2.5mb most of the time sadly and in the past couple of months it hasnt been great overall

am thinking of upgrading to 5mb for 45pm and this is the max I can get where I live but that also means an 18 month contract which is plain ridiculous but at the rate broadband rollout is progressing it'll probably be 10 years before I see decent speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

I recently upgraded but they only tied me in for another 3 months, might be a deal for existing customers.

mailburner wrote: »
    with them nearly 3 years, miles better than my previous isp but im restricted to only two where I live which is about 3 miles from you

I think they are pretty good and when there are problems they are always quick to return your calls and let you know when things are good again
    pricing is a bit steep and you wouldnt want to be downloading boxsets or the likes
    i have 3mb/1mb up and it tends to me 2-2.5mb most of the time sadly and in the past couple of months it hasnt been great overall

am thinking of upgrading to 5mb for 45pm and this is the max I can get where I live but that also means an 18 month contract which is plain ridiculous but at the rate broadband rollout is progressing it'll probably be 10 years before I see decent speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

funnyname wrote: »
    I recently upgraded but they only tied me in for another 3 months, might be a deal for existing customers.

you really cant win living in a rural area

am on 3mb which is unlimited
    was about to move to 5mb today but didnt realise there was an 80gb cap on it
    went through my data month by month and most was 102gb in march and generally its between 80-90gb
    they want an extra fiver for and extra 50gb
    whilst I probably need the extra speed it I really feel like they are screwing folks which is easy when there aren't any other viable options i suppose

worth keeping in mind for anyone thinking of joining up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

mailburner wrote:
    whilst I probably need the extra speed it I really feel like they are screwing folks which is easy when there aren't any other viable options i suppose
    aye, have expressed a similar opinion in this other thread

They really are taking the p1ss with this new 80GB cap. Dont forget they can also subject your cap to their "fair" use policy.

Advertisement