Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish people in Halifax?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey there everyone Im in Halifax Nova Scotia, and just kinda lonely Im wondering if there are any Irish people here besides me who want to meet up? for a chat or drinks or anything, let me know if anyone is here :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

Hello. I am not in Halifax but I do have some questions about the area if you would be so kind to answer?? I am flying into Canada in a few weeks to begin my work visa and I would like to know what kind of industries are big in the area you are in?? I heard something about fishing boat work and dock work are available? Do you know anything about this?? Are there any other industries there??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

Yeah there is a huge dock yard here industrial things too there is a massive refinery here as well, hospitality is big here too especially for the summer, Im in hospitality myself. Thats all I kinda know about it, hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

Thanks very much. Do you know what is the best way about going about getting a job at the docks.? May I ask what kind of work you are doing in hospitality? Is the money any good? I have just completed a 2 year arts in hospitality course.

I know this doesn't guarantee me a job but do you think it will stand to me or do they look more for experience?Are you are aware of any job agencies that I could apply to for a hotel or restaurant job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You might be able to get a job as Trailer Park assistant? Mr Leahy is the contact I'd have for there.

Advertisement