Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get Jack Pads in Dublin

• 28-02-2013 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭

I need to rotate my tyres and don't want to damage the underside of my car. I've been using bit of timber to protect the underside of previous cars when using a trolley jack. But they keep falling apart so I want to get some proper Jack Pads or even a decent piece of rubber.

Does any where in Dublin do them? I had a look in Halfords and checked their website, they don't have any. I've also checked a few Motor Factors sites and they don't have any on their sites.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Del2005 wrote: »
    I need to rotate my tyres and don't want to damage the underside of my car. I've been using bit of timber to protect the underside of previous cars when using a trolley jack. But they keep falling apart so I want to get some proper Jack Pads or even a decent piece of rubber.

Does any where in Dublin do them? I had a look in Halfords and checked their website, they don't have any. I've also checked a few Motor Factors sites and they don't have any on their sites.
    I don't know where to get them but I do know that some trolley jacks have those rubber pads on them. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-TROLLEY-JACK-RACE-CAR-CTJ1250A-7621800-CLARKE-/400300923733?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item5d33cb5b55

Unless the area of the car your jacking up is a trolley jack Jacking point, a trolley jack even with a pad will still most likey do damage as your putting an uneaven amount of pressure in one area, this is especially true if it's on the metal flange that's on the sills of many cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Unless the area of the car your jacking up is a trolley jack Jacking point, a trolley jack even with a pad will still most likey do damage as your putting an uneaven amount of pressure in one area, this is especially true if it's on the metal flange that's on the sills of many cars.

I just use the jacking points on the car, on the assumption that they are designed for a jack. It's just that all our trolley jacks have solid metal lifting plates, like in the pic below, and they rip the sills. Whenever I used a piece of timber there was no damage as I'd cut a strip out, but the wood either broke or gets burned.

12136.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

An ice hockey puck is perfect.

No, I don't know either where to buy one locally!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If you know a farmer you could cut a bit of an old cow mat.
    It's about 1" rubber mat, does the job.

Advertisement