Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FTO starter motor

Options
  • 25-02-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

I've a dodgy starter again. Can hear it spinning but it won't engage the flywheel.
    It happened 9 months ago and got a second hand starter but from what I remember I couldn't take apart the motor to try recondition it.
    Any advice on it? I'll eventually replace it but with work I won't get a chance to pick one up for another two weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're mental money new, why not drop the old motor in somewhere for recon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Yes I remember last time looking and physically gulping when I seen the price. Ended up finding a smashed up fto in a scrapers.
    I might dig around for the old starter and see if I can jimmy it open and have a prod before I start ringing round.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try Gerry on fto-Ireland. He might have one lying around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Will do, thanks

Advertisement