Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

left light went..right ligt went..then window broke

Options
  • 18-02-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

My frony left headlight broke on a Wedsnesday, On the Friday the front right headlight broke.
    On the Saturday both bulbs were replaced. The left one is working again BUT
    The front right did not work AND the right driver electric window will not work now!!

It is a ford fiesta 2009 new shape.
    Does it sound like a fuse is gone or? should be a quick fix?
    any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

IKO wrote: »
    Hi,

My frony left headlight broke on a Wedsnesday, On the Friday the front right headlight broke.
    On the Saturday both bulbs were replaced. The left one is working again BUT
    The front right did not work AND the right driver electric window will not work now!!

It is a ford fiesta 2009 new shape.
    Does it sound like a fuse is gone or? should be a quick fix?
    any advice would be welcome

Thanks

sounds like you-ve been having a bad week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

Might be wrong, but I would say they are two unrelated problems, as in its not a single fuse for both or anything.

Re. the bulb, is it definitely seated properly

First thing I would check with the window is the fuse, think there might be two seperate fuses, one for the left window and one for the right.

If its not the fuse, then its possible that the contacts inside the switch have been bent from use, or that some moisture got into the switch while the window was down

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭IKO

yes true the fuses are separate, we checked them and they seem to be ok. my dad changed the bulbs so he would have put them in ok. possibly a relay switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

IKO wrote: »
    yes true the fuses are separate, we checked them and they seem to be ok. my dad changed the bulbs so he would have put them in ok. possibly a relay switch?

Take the bulb from the left and try it in the right, if it works your problem is with the bulb.

If that doesnt work, try removing (if possible) both light housings completely, and plug the left into the right hand side and vice versa. This will flag or eliminate a problem with the wiring in the housing

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

From yesterday you will be fined for lights not working!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭IKO

Thanks, my dad fixed it. he changed the fuses and got the lights and window working again. There are 2 separate fuse boxes.

Advertisement