Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Green Brigade

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I only mentioned BBE to back up his point, I don't need to 'run to old timers'.
    As I said, I've been to plenty of games, both home and away, SPL, Cup and Europe.

And you can claim they are being drowned out, but either the microphones are playing pre-recorded sounds or they're not drowned out at all.

RoryMac: I heard that too, and it could be that it just so happens to come together around the same period.
    But I wouldn't support lateral movement at CP, the place might come down as it's made from Meccano ;)
    I know you're not making a joke about stadiums collapsing.
    That was put after Unirea, it's clear as day but don't let that stop you from twisting the words.
    Is it this Unirea you're talking about?? http://sport.stv.tv/football/136844-rangers-blast-moronic-fans-for-unirea-fine/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I thought the thread was about the ROI teams fan.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

The point of the thread was to highlight a protest from a group of football fans.

See that's what gets to me. Why did he mention you in there, what was the point?? Jelle, say what you think and feel and stop running to the old timers for help. BBE, It's easy to see in you and EB at least that you are true lifelong fans, and although we might not agree on things and will always have that bit of rivalry, it's true and is in our hearts and we won't deny the other that. The ones who I personally find it difficult to interact with on here are people who can't fight their own battle and talk about what they truly believe in, but come on with bull**** patter taken from another forum.

Anyway :) It's taking time on your last bit there BBE, yet I've been at Rugby Park, Tannadice and Pittodrie and heard the add ons being drowned out and and the proper versions being sung louder. It won't happen overnight but it's happening, hopefully in your own support too.

Jelle, come back to me when you've been to a game :rolleyes:

Yes it is happening among our support and as you say it will take time personally I have never been offended by a song in my life but then to me its only some guy at a match winding up the opposition but I do feel it has to change now as I feel both clubs should be singing about there teams rather than stuff that has happened in Ireland but thats just me.

There is also this idea among folk especially people that don't follow Rangers or Celtic that we all hate one another and try to kill one another at every opportunity and it couldn't be further from the truth of course there are elements like that by far and large though outwith the game that fans mix together are close friends with each other and get on perfectly well with each other

Yes it is happening among our support and as you say it will take time personally I have never been offended by a song in my life but then to me its only some guy at a match winding up the opposition but I do feel it has to change now as I feel both clubs should be singing about there teams rather than stuff that has happened in Ireland but thats just me.

There is also this idea among folk especially people that don't follow Rangers or Celtic that we all hate one another and try to kill one another at every opportunity and it couldn't be further from the truth of course there are elements like that by far and large though outwith the game that fans mix together are close friends with each other and get on perfectly well with each other

v5zk95.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

CSF wrote: »
    Again if you had been so kind as to label the thread 'Celtic and Rangers fans whinge about religion and the police, not their team or their rivalry' we could have no complaints. Many of us, me included read the team threads because they're sometimes about football

Very good, you think everything outside of Celtic and Rangers on boards is 100% pure football?

You've made the effort to come into this thread, read it, post in it, come back again, reply, scroll down etc..Obviously you've no interest in it?!

Poor you, next time anyone thinks of starting a thread on here we'll give you and the boys a PM to see if it's alright. Maybe it will prevent the rest of us from the inevitable headache from all the whining and moaning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Very good, you think everything outside of Celtic and Rangers on boards is 100% pure football?

You've made the effort to come into this thread, read it, post in it, come back again, reply, scroll down etc..Obviously you've no interest in it?!

Poor you, next time anyone thinks of starting a thread on here we'll give you and the boys a PM to see if it's alright. Maybe it will prevent the rest of us from the inevitable headache from all the whining and moaning..

how about we label the threads, have it in brackets "this is an old firm thread, go away" :rolleyes:

spiralism wrote: »
    how about we label the threads, have it in brackets "this is an old firm thread, go away" :rolleyes:

maybe something like this in the first post will keep them away.

Scarecrow-m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No, but it is usually at least 1%.

No, but it is usually at least 1%.

What would you contribute to a discussion about the SPL anyway? Not very much I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Well in future, you should structure your sentences more clearly so that we know exactly what you mean. And another thing, you say there was "hardly damage" - if so, then why were RFC fined 18,000 GBP for combined fines and damage repair costs?

They were ordered to pay that fine PLUS any damages to the ground, so no that sum is not for the damages.
    Unirea were also fined, or have you left that out by accident ?

And no lubo, I'm making a joke that CP is a, to put it mildly, cheap stadium ;)

• Advertisement

What would you contribute to a discussion about the SPL anyway? Not very much I'd imagine.
    Nice deflection, but from having read your previous postings anyways, probably at least as much as you if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

But I wouldn't support lateral movement at CP, the place might come down as it's made from Meccano ;)
    thats in bad taste if you know anything about Ibrox's history.

Nice deflection, but from having read your previous postings anyways, probably at least as much as you if nothing else.

To having no interest in a thread, posting it and then reading back on a posters history in the said thread. Very strange behaviour. One might think you were looking for an argument.

To having no interest in a thread, posting it and then reading back on a posters history in the said thread. Very strange behaviour. One might think you were looking for an argument.
    Not the sequence of events at all, I think if you look in the last 10 posters to have read your profile I won't be there. I read the Celtic and Rangers threads when there is football in, but not this tripe that has nothing to do with football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Not the sequence of events at all, I think if you look in the last 10 posters to have read your profile I won't be there. I read the Celtic and Rangers threads when there is football in, but not this tripe that has nothing to do with football.

It may not but its certainly relevant to the future of Scottish football I generally would like all topics to be about football but this one is important to certain degree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Due to the uninformative nature of the thread title, I was unfortunately forced to open it out of curiosity

and four pages later you're still here?

Well if you read the thread properly then you would see I post in it, mostly about football but If it offends you that much then why not take the most logical step and stay away from it?

Well in future, you should structure your sentences more clearly so that we know exactly what you mean. And another thing, you say there was "hardly damage" - if so, then why were RFC fined 18,000 GBP for combined fines and damage repair costs?

Im no defender of jellie but it was as clear as could be what he was he referring too. I dont think even the thickest rangers fan would refer to Manchester as a scuffle with stewards.

Well if you read the thread properly then you would see I post in it, mostly about football but If it offends you that much then why not take the most logical step and stay away from it?
    I never said you didn't post about football in the Celtic thread. And look at the actual sequence of events here. I open thread, not knowing what its about, read it, am annoyed by it(its hard enough having to read this muck in the team threads), and then post as such. I'm then attacked back, I'm naturally going to reply especially given that most of the retorts have been poor and without a valid point at best.

Its a common trend on the boards soccer forum, someone posts a thread that isn't about football and unless that thread is ridiculously funny and witty, people are going to complain that it isn't about football. You can say that I just don't have to read the threads, but if everyone used that defence, (and I'm not trying to backseat mod here at all, I'm only saying this since you've brought it up), but the whole forum would be clogged with this kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

yabadabado wrote: »
    thats in bad taste if you know anything about Ibrox's history.

I see how that can be taken from that, but I most certainly didn't mean it like that.

• Advertisement

Again if you had been so kind as to label the thread 'Celtic and Rangers fans whinge about religion and the police, not their team or their rivalry' we could have no complaints. Many of us, me included read the team threads because they're sometimes about football

where was religion mentioned? And you obviously dont have a problem with how football is policed wherever you go, right?

Actually it has absolutely everything to do with the match day experience for football fans. Maybe you dont go to matches regularly? I dont know, i may be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Its a common trend on the boards soccer forum, someone posts a thread that isn't about football and unless that thread is ridiculously funny and witty, people are going to complain that it isn't about football. You can say that I just don't have to read the threads, but if everyone used that defence, (and I'm not trying to backseat mod here at all, I'm only saying this since you've brought it up), but the whole forum would be clogged with this kinda thing.

You are very wrong, this has everything to do with (Scottish) football. The lawmakers and politicians in Scotland want to demonise football supporters and this was a protest against that demonisation from a Celtic supporter group. You really believe that the police and security staff behaviour towards football supporters at the game has nothing to do with football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Maybe you dont go to matches regularly? I dont know, i may be wrong

Hahahaha brilliant! And the Celtic fans on here do!?:D Needed that laugh tbh.

Actually it has absolutely everything to do with the match day experience for football fans. Maybe you dont go to matches regularly? I dont know, i may be wrong
    Every competitive game bar 1, home or away for 2 years. If you're having a tit for tat game, I win.

Every competitive game bar 1, home or away for 2 years. If you're having a tit for tat game, I win.

Okay sorry, im way off. Respect.

Well i cant say and have no way of knowing how many go to how many games? Obviously you can though so well done you.

Aye, Season Ticket holder who is over every 2nd week at least. Will be there on Thursday night too.

Who do you support?

• Advertisement

Aye, Season Ticket holder who is over every 2nd week at least. Will be there on Thursday night too.
    Part-timer;)

Advertisement