Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Katy French has died

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As much as i didnt have any interest in her chosen profession of work nor was she someone that i was particularly fond of in the public eye, its very sad to hear of her death (or anyone at that age for that matter)

I might have been one of the first to have a pop at her when she was alive about some of the things she did but for those of you still having a pop now, let it rest. She died at 24 ffs, no one is deserved of that regardless of what you thought of them while they were alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Everyone please don't let this thread descend into another bitchfest full of speculations like the last one. If you have a problem with someone's post report it and StarGal will deal with it when she logs on. Like I said I'm not a fan but the fact of the matter is people who knew her and people who loved her will more than likely see this thread so show some respect and leave the bitching and speculation out of it. Offer your condolensces or offer nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i had no time for her but jesus the way she must have felt having multiple heart attacks before she was induced into a coma she is a human being,lay off her
    everyone of us takes chances she gambled and lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 gofer

Just adding my condolences. R.I.P. Please respect her family at this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

RIP, find it so strange the way within the space of two or three days she was in teh headlines for two polar opposites - birthday, then almost dead in hospital. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

My condolonces to her family.
    To the Hacker, Max Damage, and others who have posted negative comments, if her post mortem results conclude that death was not caused by drugs, can we expect you to apologise for your remarks then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

Ok I withdraw that comment, was said in the heat of the moment - I do have sympathy for her family - just like I have sympathy for any family who loses a son or daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

RIP. it's a shame.
    Thoughts with the family.

D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

RIP katy, deeply saddened by the news.

Was it defintely drug related??......read somewhere that she was in hospital recently with a liver complaint.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/tubridytonight/av_20071124.html?2313171,null,228

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

How will the world go on without her.

C'mon, that was funny though.

It's very sad to hear of someone dying so young, but in all honesty what good is outmourning each other on here going to do? Nobody knew her, she was barely a celebrity. I hadn't even seen a picture of her until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

Its hard to believe whats happened. Her birthday party was last thursday (even though her actual birthday was in October) and a few days later she ended up in hospital, and now this, sad.

Just heard news report on 98fm, said 'Dublin is in mourning after the death of model Katy French'. And they sent their reporters out onto the streets to get people's reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ang wrote: »
    Just heard news report on 98fm, said 'Dublin is in mourning after the death of model Katy French'. And they sent their reporters out onto the streets to get people's reaction.
    Oh god that's just tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

if anybody has nothing good to say well don't say it! some one has died she is only 24! regardless of what way she got ill in the first place you cannot say whether its true or not its just rumours or hearsay as for those 2 kids that were killed in Longford just leave it i feel sorry for both sets of parents the little lad John was on the same ward as my child and as bad as my own child was the first time i seen him i was nearly in tears he was in a bad way and he has lost his big sister so please people quit with the crap because if you've lost someone close to you , you know how it feels!

RIP Katy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I agree that some of the posts on here are insensitive, probably just a need for these lonely keyboard warriors on here to get someone so riled up to actually respond to their inane comments.
    However....the fact she was on Tubridy speaking so clearly of the effect of drugs, and the dangers would suggest to me she was a liar / two faced if indeed one week later she decides to " enjoy " the effects of drugs.
    I feel for her family, I really do but I find it very hard to sympathise with anyone who is willing to play roulette with their lives and sustain the drugs market.
    Silly silly girl, and the sad thing is there's thousands out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pete4779 wrote: »
    rant etc

And exactly what has she accomplished in her life in the past two years? Cured cancer? Worked in St. Vincent De Paul for two years? She was a lingerie model, not Mother Theresa.

So many people here who never made such grovelling condolences to the guy in waterford, or to other people at least as deserving of condolences. But they never modelled lingerie so of course they never "accomplished" anything. :rolleyes:

So pardon me while I don't give a ****.

I must disagree. For a start, do you name the name of the guy who died in waterford without googling it? Do you know the the woman who died in the car crash today without googling it? No, because you equally dont give a shoite Im sure.

I didnt have much time for katy french. However she attached her name to and participated in a number of charity events over the past few years. Sure it might have raised her profile, but it also brought an audience and attention to those charitable projects that would not have been there without her, or some other celebrity presence. Her involvement on one event i was involved in help bring extra exposure in the media, thus helping us with the awareness and fund raising to achieve our goals. Young babies in ireland are already benefiting from that result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would it kill someone - excuse the pun - to curb their what seems to amount to enthusiasm around here to rip into a deceased person for at least a day or two after her death? Katy French dying - which, I might add, is not confirmed as of yet by any particular reason - is a tragedy, as is the death of any individual. We're all human, and we all make 'mistakes', if you want to call drug use that. It's all well and good to take the moral high ground, and you're right, you have right to advocate your opinions and the ethics behind them, but what if it was your brother, your son, your wife. We can't all expect the legacy of actions to die with those responsible, but at the very least we can afford them some respect in the immediate period of mourning.

Given Ireland's current problem with drugs, incidentally, it's highly likely you know several people, family, friends, who have dabbled in drugs and are therefore 'directly' responsible for murder and the ailments of our country, would you show respect to them in the event of their passing? Or wait, it is somehow not the same because they're suddenly your family, your friend....

Show this girl some respect for god sake. She's not a criminal, just someone who went down a wrong path that's been graced by many others both before her and to follow. Trying to tell yourself otherwise is delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

RIP, what a waste of life. Such a young beautiful girl with the world at her feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

may she R.I.P and condolences to her friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

It is sad that a 24 year od girl in the prime of her life died so tragicaly. But as many people have already said..if it opens people's eyes to the risks and danger involved in cocaine and other such substances, then some good may come of her death. It's just sad that people have to die before peope think twice about ingesting substances; it's origin, it's source, or what else it's been cut with they know nothing about.

On a related note, the coverage of the story by the broadcasting media has been something of a hypocricy. Today the Six-One news reported that no comment was being made about the cause of her ilness as it was a 'private and tragic matter'. IrelandAM refused to show or comment upon any front pages that made references to Cocaine. Isnt it odd that they didnt feel the need to afford the Waterford families the same respect?? My heart goes out to Katy's family and friends as it does to those of the boys in Waterford and I hope the events of the past few weeks arent forgotten in hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

RIP Katy

My condolesences to her family and friends.

Its gonna be a very tough christmas for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Cork Exile wrote: »
    My condolonces to her family.
    To the Hacker, Max Damage, and others who have posted negative comments, if her post mortem results conclude that death was not caused by drugs, can we expect you to apologise for your remarks then???

with all due respect that wouldnt prove a thing. she could be clean as a whistle that night but if she abused enough for long enough all those years ago it'd **** her heart up. my mate worked for the same agency and his heart is bollocked from that lifestyle too. worse only way he found out was when he was admitted for something completely different. it scared the **** out of him.

personally if feel sorry for her family and 24 is way too young to die but i have to admit to being bemused by the media circus. it certainly doesnt seem merited to me. i seriously doubt that 98fm vox pop managed to get that many people that knew who she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hawkeye1000

just heard she passed away. RIP katy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Something is coming on Sky News about it shortly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Messing around with cocaine is a very stupid thing to do, alas we all do stupid things of one sort or another. I'm certainly not perfect - presumably a few times I've gotten so drunk I've endangered myself in loads of ways. I guess the begrudgers of her fame have never overdone drink, smoking or anything else...

She seemed to have a likeable personality and presumably brought a lot of happiness to her friends and the causes she helped out. Maybe some of her fame was undeserved or manufactured - but I'm sure most people would take the fame if they got it. Such a sad event for a family to have to see a young person with so much ahead of her reduced to ICU followed by an inevitable death.

Ar dheis de go raibh a ainm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Very sad to hear it. Died in the prime of her life. Her poor family must be devastated.

Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Very sad to hear about her death:(. RIP Katy
    My heart goes out to her parents and sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Saintly

I was sorry to hear the news. A friend worked for a while with Katy with regard to a charity trip she made to Calcutta. He only had nice things to say about her - he said she had a good head on her shoulders, a great sense of humour and a lovely warmth about her. It's nice to leave memories like that behind you. I feel terribly sorry for her family and sister - and pass on my sympathies to the board members that knew her personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Rip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

On a related note, the coverage of the story by the broadcasting media has been something of a hypocricy. Today the Six-One news reported that no comment was being made about the cause of her ilness as it was a 'private and tragic matter'. IrelandAM refused to show or comment upon any front pages that made references to Cocaine. Isnt it odd that they didnt feel the need to afford the Waterford families the same respect?? My heart goes out to Katy's family and friends as it does to those of the boys in Waterford and I hope the events of the past few weeks arent forgotten in hurry.

Exactly right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

It's very hard to lose a sibling, my condolences to her sister and parents.

RIP

I suggest people switch off their signatures if posting "RIP"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

why switch off signatures if saying RIP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sum1

Condolences to her family and friends.

RIP Katy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Exactly right.

Definitely agree, but please god that if Katy...IF (don't jump down my throat I said if!) is proved to have dabbled in cocaine recently and it is found to be a factor in her death then it might make more high profiled people look at the situation...

A few years ago some government people were found with hash and a few months later there just "happened" to be seizures and no one could get it on the street. Fingers crossed this will happen again. People need to stop looking at who is doing it and start getting the people who are doing it to name names otherwise its a never-ending circle

Either way thoughts must go out to her parents and sister, and while we're at it too everyone who has lost a loved one who stupidly died from using drugs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Very sad tragic news. While I critisce the role the media plays in allowing models a platform to speak etc I have no doubt that Katy French was an intelligent,likeable women. She definatly wasnt another dumb model on the Irish celebrity scene and while I often dissagreed with what she said there is no doubt that she was refreshingly outspoken in an era when models are just meant to be pretty faces. Its sad to see such a likeable,confident, articulate women being taken so young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I don't like the modern obsession with so called 'celebrities' any more than the next person. However, a 24 year old girl is now dead (for whatever reason, it's not for me to speculate) and a family are grieving their loss. It is never nice to see a life snuffed out at such a young age and for people to suggest it was in some way 'deserved', well they need to take a good look at themselves. Nobody deserves to die at 24 for whatever reason, people are talking about her in the same way as a serial killer. Some cop-on please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

A word of warning to all of you, take it or leave it.

Do not discuss possible cause of death here, this includes any white powder conspiracies.

Bear in mind that this is a small country, and one never knows who's reading.

If you have nothing positive to say, then say nothing.

Refrain from throwing insults at each other-and please, don't feed the bloody trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I am disgusted by what some of the people are saying. I was no great fan of Miss French But god almighty what kind of people are you out there...A 24 year old girl has died this evening and all some sick immoral people want to do is air thier views. Have some respect. What way were you brought up to carry on in such a depraived and disgraceful manner. Your parents would be ashamed of you. I am a parent of a 2 year old boy and I can tell you now that girls parents hearts are breaking tonight and her sisters. SHE DIED IN THE ARMS OF HER SISTER ........for gods sake havent some of u and ounce of decency in your bodies. This forum just shows what kind of people living in our society now and I fear for my son if this is how so called decent hard working Irish people spend there time attacking the dead. Shame on those people that have the gall to write such words, what did she ever do to you. God forgive you !!

May she rest in peace - My condolences to her Mother Father and
    sister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Yes, I do feel sorry for a lot of them.
    +1
    wow i only just heard about this.
    i didn't like her,but its no reason to be insulting now shes dead

wheres the mods when you need them!!
    we have all done something stupid in the past ! drank far too much, done drugs, drink drive, had sex with people we have regretted, the list could go on i'd say ! I have lost count on how many people i went to school with that have passed on to the great gig in the sky and not that many have been drug related, i have a very low opinon of people who like taking the back off the dead! remember Liam Lawlor and the sindo had to payout big time for their false reporting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

OK, I'm moderating this forum right now as Stargal isn't around.

I'd like to echo what RoundyMooney has said. And any off-topic or unsavioury posts may very easily result in a ban from this privately owned forum.

As of now, please stick to the topic and respect the dead thanks.

Oh, and RIP Katy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

that's sad to tell the truth didn't know much about her, i just recognised her face when i saw it on the rte site... i think people on here would have a very different point of view if it was someone they knew or loved that this had happened no matter how she died..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Seems the Post Mortum will be tomorrow, but not sure if the results will be made public or not, think we might not hear until January

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

I feel sad when I hear of someone dying so young but feel for these people too. have a read, look at the ages, think of the families, they have the same pain, but alas remain anonymous....

Road Deaths Ireland 2006....Go on scroll down, you can see entire families wiped out..Nothing ever said, nothing ever done

January

John Granville (45), Fermoy, Co Cork
    John Flahive (20), Ballyheigue, Co Kerry
    James Grealish (73), Oranmore, Co Galway
    Arvydas Bruzas (38), Oldcastle, Co Meath
    Arthur O'Connor (59), Monkstown, Co Cork
    Philip Quinn (38), Ballivor, Co Meath
    Paul Lennon (42), Leighlin Bridge, Co Carlow/Johnstown, Co Meath
    Slawomir Krenek (24), Navan, Co Meath
    Daniel Kirby (29), Tramore, Co Waterford
    Gordon Daly (23), Carrigaline, Co Cork
    Denis Ivan McIvor (83), Co Derry
    Czeslaw Romanowski (78), Tullycanna, Co Wexford
    Peter O'Sullivan (57), Mallow, Co Cork
    Michael McGarry (58), Dromod, Co Leitrim
    Katarzyna Stanczyk (26), Navan Road, Dublin 7
    Patrick Molumby (81), Thurles, Co Tipperary
    Brian Connolly (57), Tallaght, Dublin
    Siobhan Drea (20), Tullamore, Co Offaly
    Mikhaela Ardelema (24), Tullamore, Co Offaly
    Daniel Duck (65), Rathowen, Co Westmeath
    Teresa Delaney (82), Birr, Co Offaly
    Seamus Walsh (57), Drumconrath, Co Meath
    Filip Marek (31), Charlestown, Co Mayo
    Peter Valasek (34), Charlestown, Co Mayo
    James Donehy (21), Urlingford, Co Kilkenny
    Máirtín Anthony Keane (19), Carraroe, Co Galway
    Áine Ní Conghaill (18), Leitir Mór, Co Galway
    Paolozzi Maurizio (29), Dundalk, Co Louth
    Alan Kinsella (19), Gorey, Co Wexford
    Patrick Roche (59)
    Anne Wright (89), Moville, Co Donegal
    Timmy Keenan (41), Smithboro, Co Monaghan
    Patrick Lawlor (55), Kilmacthomas, Co Waterford
    Maria Berar (30), Fairview, Dublin
    Adona Gene Nerasiene (71)
    Thomas O'Grady (21), Lismore, Co Waterford
    Robert Lineen (21), Lismore, Co Waterford
    Paul Carroll (4), Kinnegad, Co Westmeath
    Rihards Zabelis (27)
    Nicola Sheridan (20), Ardee, Co Louth
    Patrick Mernagh (20), Enniscorthy, Co Wexford

February

Susan McManus (85), Ballyconnell, Co Cavan
    Michael Farrell (62), Laurencetown, Co Galway
    John O'Sullivan (22), Kells, Co Kerry
    Celia O'Mahony (68), Listowel, Co Kerry
    Damien Crawley (29), Ballisodare, Co Sligo
    Thomas Reck (22), Ballincollig, Co Cork
    Kiera Moynihan (19), Rylane, Co Cork
    Joseph Cahill (28), Claregalway, Co Galway
    Keith Farren (2), Swords, Dublin
    James Harte (44), Gorey, Co Wexford
    Joe Cribbin (80), Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    Margaret Kelly (73), Athboy, Co Meath
    John Walsh (44), Ballygillane Little, Co Wexford
    Amanda Fahey (19), Clonmel, Co Tipperary
    Thomas Crowley (70), Co Cork
    Denis Hough (38), Borrisokane, Co Tipperary
    Evaldus Stasiuslevicus (30), Naas, Co Kildare
    Danielius Abartis (23), Buncrana, Co Donegal
    Recardas Beilskis (35), Burnfoot, Co Donegal
    Gina Veite (19), Buncrana, Co Donegal
    Aija Porcika (38), Buncrana, Co Donegal
    Marita Kerpe (28), Buncrana, Co Donegal
    John Curran (21), Bagenalstown, Co Carlow
    John Finnerty (88), Athleague, Co Roscommon
    John Robinson (26), Athy, Co Kildare
    John Scully (78), Birr, Co Offaly
    Cáit Bergin (79), Ballacolla, Co Laois
    Daniel Kenny (20), Gorey, Co Wexford
    Paul Finnegan (30), Navan, Co Meath
    Brian Carroll (26), Ballagran, Co Limerick
    Robert Walker (31), Hospital, Co Limerick

March

Thomas Kinsella (55), Walshisland, Co Offaly
    Patricia Hughes (44), Gorey, Co Wexford
    James O'Brien (21), Kiltegan, Co Wicklow
    Christopher Slevin (24), Longwood, Co Meath
    John Weherly (66), Dundalk, Co Louth
    Albert Fullerton (45)
    Mary Burke (33), Fermoy, Co Cork
    Timothy Lane (84), Mallow, Co Cork
    John Kavanagh (55), Ballyfermot, Dublin
    Anthony Kearns (56), Drimnagh, Dublin
    Oliver Murray (68), Tullow Road, Co Carlow
    Michael Brennan (14), Mullinahone, Co Tipperary
    Natalie Horan (13), Nine Mile House, Co Tipperary
    Noelle O'Connor (26), Athy, Co Kildare
    Yolek Whitcombe, Jenkinstown, Co Louth
    Thomas Masterson (61), Raheny, Dublin
    Barry Dunne (23), Howth, Dublin
    Kingsley Kikachukwu (35), Carrigtwohill, Co Cork
    Winifred O'Gorman (80), Corofin, Co Clare
    John O'Leary (47), Blackwater, Co Wexford
    Rory O'Donnell (23), The Curragh, Co Kildare
    Elizabeth Stokes (83), Milltown, Dublin
    Darren Price (18), Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    Catherine Nunan (77), John's St, Limerick

April

Kevin Walsh (16), Bruff, Co Limerick
    Geraldine Rafferty (45), Ballinlough Road, Co Cork
    Michael Reid (62), Kinsale, Co Cork
    Kathryn Devaney (24) Athlone, Co Westmeath
    Declan McCormack (27), Ballykeeran, Co Westmeath
    Frank Curran (37), Letterkenny, Co Donegal
    Michael White (15), Clara, Co Offaly
    Robertas Jusius (45), Finglas, Dublin
    Mark Foley (21), Charleville, Co Cork
    Joan O'Reilly, Claregalway, Co Galway
    Siobhán O'Reilly (25), Claregalway, Co Galway
    Declan McCarthy (24), Ballyheigue, Co Kerry
    Paul Mulryan (23), Lissnamult, Co Roscommon
    Gerard Downey (70), Drogheda, Co Louth
    Eugene Reilly (22), Dunleer, Co Louth
    Pamela Boylan (32), Tallaght, Dublin
    Thomas Boylan (9), Tallaght, Dublin
    Colin Broughan (35), Greystones, Wicklow
    Josie Daly (40), Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    Stephen O'Brien (20), Clane, Co Kildare
    Sylwester Szezyrow (25), Ballincollig, Co Cork
    Andrzej Wojciechowski (27), Ballincollig, Co Cork
    Radoslaw Nowak (23), Ballincollig, Co Cork
    Rafal Corski (28), Ballincollig, Co Cork
    Martin Coen (26), Kilmihill, Co Clare
    Christopher Daly (20)
    Sean Clial (40), Killeshandra, Co Cavan
    Michael Leonard (71)
    Sean Gallagher (41)
    Simon O'Heir (20), Tralee, Co Kerry
    Theresa Foley (23), Killorglin, Co Kerry
    Sabrina Lynch (28), Ballyfermot, Dublin
    Karl Strond (20), Athboy, Co Meath
    Eileen Keane (18), Ballylongford, Co Kerry
    Trevor Chute (23), Listowel, Co Kerry
    Suzanne Sheehan (30), Mitchelstown, Co Cork
    Liam Hogan (39), Youghal, Co Cork

May

Martin O'Connor (22), Kiskeam, Co Cork
    Jason Nash (21), Fedamore, Co Limerick
    Shane Hoey (20), Crossmaglen, Co Armagh
    Mairead Boyle (20), Crossmaglen, Co Armagh
    Jim McCarthy (52), Bandon, Co Cork
    John Crowe (71), Fr Matthew St, Tipperary
    Damien Foley (34), Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim
    Ger Mayock (34), Dromahair, Co Leitrim
    Garry Sinnott (19), Duncormack, Co Wexford
    Marie Buckley (62), Donnycarney, Dublin
    Patrick Harte (75), Castlerea, Co Roscommon
    Jean E. De Quatrebarbes (27), Co Kildare
    Sergei Tsevan (27), Naas, Co Kildare
    Anton Pavlov (37), Naas, Co Kildare
    Nelly Condon (79), Dublin
    John Brennan (36), Clonsilla, Dublin
    Orry O'Connor (19), Portlaoise, Co Laois
    Trish Dempsey Ruane (27), Foxford, Co Mayo
    Mary Foley (68), Athy, Co Kildare
    Thomas Kealy (79), Dublin 8
    John Joe Lowery (54), Cornamona, Co Galway
    Linda Murrin (19), Rhode, Co Offaly
    Finbarr O'Keeffe (25), Fedamore, Co Limerick
    Liam McGrath (32), Bray, Co Wicklow
    Michael Nagle (59), Liscannor, Co Clare
    Conor Murphy (41), Lucan, Co Dublin
    John Pieters (55), Burford, England
    Thomas Ronan (40), Castlebellingham, Co Louth

June

Elizabeth Gallagher (67), Kildalkey, Co Meath
    Dermot Murphy (20), Millstreet, Cork
    Nuala Friel (85), Clonmany, Co Donegal
    John Clarke (95), Liscaffrey, Co Westmeath
    James Lee (42), Bennettsbridge, Co Kilkenny
    Daniel Mahon (20), Mullinahone, Co Tipperary
    Thomas O'Connor (45), Tipperary
    Seamus Kennedy (20), Ballina, Co Tipperary
    Brigid Mitchell (86), Achill Island, Co Mayo
    John Barr (34), Strabane, Co Tyrone
    Stephen Corry (21), Labasheeba, Co Clare
    Mark Molloy (16), Ballycullane, Co Wexford
    Edward Cash (15), Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
    Ellen Doherty (88), Strabane, Co Tyrone
    Stephen Hayes (24), Cashel, Co Tipperary
    Jimmy O'Brien (45), Birr, Co Offaly
    Noreen Garry, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    Patrick Ward (61), Letterkenny, Co Donegal
    Colin Cunningham (19), Moynalty, Co Meath
    Eva Rooney (72), Skerries, Co Dublin
    Christopher Hughes (17), Shrule, Co Mayo
    James Maher (25), Athlone, Co Westmeath
    Jeremiah Mulcahy (66), Commons Road, Cork
    Marek Olszowka (32), Hertfordshire, England
    Kazimierz Kawa (31), Hertfordshire, England
    Rod Finch (62), Doocastle, Co Sligo
    Paula O'Shea (25), Killarney, Co Kerry
    Harvey Desmond (9 months), Macroom, Co Cork
    Michael Kenny (19), Cashel, Co Tipperary

July

Justin Golden (38), Athlone, Co Westmeath
    Patrick Higgins (22), Ardagh, Co Longford
    Michelle Glancy (9), Clontern, Co Longford
    Johnny Maloney (33), Ballinasloe, Co Galway
    Yvonne Mahoney (24), Loughrea, Co Galway
    Bobbi Mahoney (3), Loughrea, Co Galway
    Colin Heddarman (23), Ballincollig, Co Cork
    Seamus Whelan (54), Doonbeg, Co Clare
    Mary Frewen (19), Mitchelstown, Co Cork
    Paul Geary (21), Mitchelstown, Co Cork
    Thomas Frewen (22), Mitchelstown, Co Cork
    Alan Dempsey (24), Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
    Patrick Gallagher (45), Cloughan, Co Westmeath
    John O'Malley (49), Tullamore, Co Offaly
    Leanne Miller (15), Kilteely, Co Limerick
    Catherine Doyle (14), Slieverue, Co Kilkenny
    John Roche (20), Tournafulla, Co Limerick
    Stephen Cleary (27), Clonskeagh, Dublin
    Juliana Roberts (77), Nenagh, Co Tipperary
    Rose Conroy (49), Stradbally, Co Laois
    Angelo Forcina (33), Westport, Co Mayo
    Patrick Walsh (31), Waterville, Co Kerry
    Killian O'Driscoll (19), Schull, Co Cork
    John Naughton (48), Omeath, Co Louth
    Stephen McCabe (18), Newbridge, Co Kildare
    Marie Grimes (59), Kildalkey, Co Meath
    Josephine Grimes (83), Killaloe, Co Clare
    Sean Egenton (66), Oldcastle, Co Meath
    Simon Walton (34), Ballivor, Co Meath
    Declan Kelly (34), Fermoy, Co Cork

August

James Torpey (67), Jeune St, Oxford, England
    Patrick Grattan (42), Finglas Dublin
    Kevin Greene (32), Tullamore, Co Offaly
    Niall Kavanagh (24), Arklow, Co Wicklow
    Treasa Quinn (73), Furbo, Co Galway
    John Carmody (57), Glenville Road, Co Waterford
    Liam Robinson (35), Malahide Road, Dublin
    Verena Ganner (36)
    Patricia Daly (76), Tramore Road, Cork
    Marcin Struk (23), Rathfarnham, Dublin
    Helle Biffert (44), New Ross, Co Wexford
    Felix Sherry (80), Emyvale, Co Monaghan
    Betty O'Sullivan (70), Mountrath, Co Laois
    Patrick O'Keeffe (30), Glenabbey Road, Co Kildare
    Peter McGovern (39), Lissycasey, Co Clare
    Fathy Ghrabeel (37), Main Street, Cavan

September

Ann Allen (85), Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    David Patchell (30), Inchicore, Dublin
    Ciara Geraghty (25), Whitehall, Dublin
    Austin Carney (64), Claremorris, Co Mayo
    Eamonn Fitzgerald (38), Culleens, Co Sligo
    Emma Woodland (19), St Patrick's Road, Limerick
    Dessie Connolly, Celbridge, Co Kildare
    Aaron Farrell (20), Dublin 13
    Glen O'Toole (26), Dublin
    Cyril O'Reilly (66), Rathfarnham, Dublin
    John Fitzgibbon (60), Ennis, Co Clare
    William Lanigan (45), Mountarmstrong, Co Kildare
    Marie Keily (24), Dooradoyle, Limerick
    Clodagh Murphy (14), Tower, Blarney, Co Cork
    Paddy O'Connell (58), Dublin
    Jeremiah Harrington (22), Tower, Blarney, Co Cork
    Edward Henry (78), Greenore, Co Louth
    Proinnsias Nolan (17), Castleblakeney, Co Galway
    Thomas O'Beirne (56), Ahascragh, Co Galway

October

Kieran McLoughlin (18), Nenagh, Co Tipperary
    Edward Connolly (33), Strabane, Co Tyrone
    Michael Cox (32)
    Patrick O'Donnell (20)
    Mary O'Donnell, 27, Doochary, Co Donegal
    Stephen Doogan (25), Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan
    Jacinta Sinnott (24), Duncormick, Co Wexford
    Trevor Sinnott (3), Duncormick, Co Wexford
    Tanya Sinnott (1), Duncormick, Co Wexford
    James Cassin (19), Clonmel, Co Tipperary
    Ray Stryker (18), Brosna, Co Kerry
    Sean Murphy (20)
    Patrick Hayes (20), Thomastown, Co Kilkenny
    Andrew Thattershall (22)
    Nadia Lescuier (31), Limerick
    David McNamara (17), Drom, Co Tipperary
    Colm Tierney (17), Portlaoise, Co Laois
    Michael McConville (17), Ballybrack, Dublin
    Michael Moroney (19), Ballyduff Upper, Co Waterford
    Andrew Nickson (32), Trinity St, Wexford
    Brian O'Neill (19), Threemilehouse, Co Monaghan
    Ciaran Hagan (20), Threemilehouse, Co Monaghan
    Gary McCormick, (20), Threemilehouse, Co Monaghan
    Dermot Thornton (21), Threemilehouse, Co Monaghan
    John McQuillan (27), Threemilehouse, Co Monaghan
    John Joe Shanahan (25), Abbeydorney, Co Kerry
    Patrick Spellman (25), Ballaghaderreen, Co Roscommon
    Darragh O'Farrell (32), Tivolli, Co Cork
    Teresa Curran (84), Granard, Co Longford
    Oliver Gordon (36), Kilbeggan, Co Westmeath
    Myles McDonagh (9)
    Evon Keane (18 months), Clonsilla, Dublin
    Valerie Doyle (38)

November

Patrick Doyle (52), Borris, Co Carlow
    Bridie Greally (75), Loughnane Place, Galway
    Vincent McDonald (76), Tullow, Co Carlow
    Aoife Kennedy (5), Carnew, Co Wicklow
    Aaron Morley (20), Ballinrobe, Co Mayo
    Patrick Morley (24), Ballinrobe, Co Mayo
    Jonathan Donovan (21), The Neale, Co Mayo
    Michael Vousden (68), Kill, Co Waterford
    Noreen Casey (16), Boher, Co Limerick
    David Beahan (24), Ardcuth, Co Meath
    William McGinley (28), Athlone, Co Westmeath
    Marie Noronha (65), Belturbet, Co Cavan
    Darren Smullen (25)
    Francis Power (57)
    Gareth Turner (27), Birr, Co Offaly
    Gavin Campbell (19), Burnfoot, Co Donegal
    Francis Percy (32), Thurles, Co Tipperary
    John Stillwell (42), White's Cross, Cork
    David Lawlor Ward (24), Beechgrove, Kildare
    James Cody (21), Tullow, Co Carlow
    Mona Martin (59), Ferns, Co Wexford
    Lily Hastings-Bass (20), England
    Paul Daly (27), Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    Paul Hughes (48), Naas, Co Kildare
    Peter Sharkey (25), Roscommon
    Rory Attley (17), Wicklow Town
    Declan Halpin (36)

December

Frances Hegarty (43), Malahide, Dublin
    Paul Coyle (43)
    Ciorica Fistic (31)
    Henry Gill (84)
    Patrick Taggart, Carlanstown, Co Meath
    Pat Carney (77)
    Mary Murray (50)
    Bridget O'Connell (79)
    Conall Keogh (30)
    Dace Leisavniece (23), Trim, Co Meath
    Sabrina Higgins (17), Keena, Co Longford
    Zoltan Szafko (31), Navan Road, Dublin
    William Day (22), Newtownmountkennedy, Co Wicklow
    Arunas Urbelis (30), Tullamore, Co Offaly
    Carl Conroy (17)
    Frank Long (59)
    Alexander Gniazdo (22)
    Patrick Cox (17), Arva, Co Cavan
    Martin McDonagh (30), Coleraine, Co Derry
    Eileen Lacey (51), Gorey, Co Wexford
    Eileen O'Brien (75), Carnacalla, Co Clare
    Brian Ferris (27), Cill, Co Kildare
    Stephen Clampett (34), Rosslare Harbour, Co Wexford
    Massimo Lingi (24), Mullingar, Co Westmeath
    John Carey (45), Killorglin, Co Kerry
    Oliver O'Toole (54), Shankill, Co Dublin
    Ita O'Brien (80), Raheny, Dublin

Lets all just sit back and think.
    Regards M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Gordon wrote: »

I'd like to echo what RoundyMooney has said. And any off-topic or unsavioury posts may very easily result in a ban from this privately owned forum.

As of now, please stick to the topic and respect the dead thanks.

Oh, and RIP Katy.

Thank god a mod has arrived, Please clean up some of the nasty messages and issue bans before any media see it and give Boards a bad name , I belive there has been problems today on other Fourm's and sites and pages have been closed ,see tonights Herald page 3

Seems the Post Mortum will be tomorrow, but not sure if the results will be made public or not, think we might not hear until January

it could be anything up to a year waiting for reason of death my mates brother died and they waited over a year for reason of death !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Gordon wrote: »

Can I suggest a move to AH. At this rate this thread might be more at home there. A similar thread on this subject has also been locked on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

TJJP wrote: »
    Can I suggest a move to AH. At this rate this thread might be more at home there. A similar thread on this subject has also been locked on AH.
    Afterhours - the shark infested swarm of random off-topicness?! Not tonight anyway :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement