Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P2 Dec 2014

• 01-12-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25

Anybody would like to share tips for this exam?

Mock exam? notes? anything that can help.

I am just using past papers and trying to get my head around it.

doing an exam after a long time. last exam I did was June 2013 and it was P1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Same as... I'm praying q1 is SOFP as can't get my get my head around the other two!!!! I think its the type of exam anything is possible. Told to expect deferred tax, hedging and joint arrangements...but to what degree who knows!!! You could spend ages trying to get your head around these things and for it to be 5 marks in the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Was looking on Open Tuition website and they gave the following hints - Consol FX Sub. Leases, Revenue, provisions and agriculture and for q4 impairment of financial assets, Hedge Accounting and integrated Reporting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Basically every examinable standard is likely to pop up in some shape or form... either in the adjustments in Q1 or the other questions.

I'm think OT are right about Q4, impairment of assets and Integrated reporting.

I'm hoping for SOFP in Q1

By god i hate deferred tax with every ounce of my being!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I've heard a few people comment on the likelihood of an SOFP with FX Sub, so I will certainly be practicing that inside and out. But again, anything is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 flashback humour

How did ye find the exam? I thought it was a very difficult paper, very hard one to call..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Really hard to know ... Could have went either way ...surprised at q4 and no deferred tax

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Thought it was a tough one, was planning on doing Q4 but Q2 was such a b!tch that I wasn't left with much choice.

Not too hopeful of passing it but I'll just deal with that in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I can't decide whether that exam was tough or easy and i just didn't get the questions.

Advertisement