Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro colour seems washed out.

Options
  • 30-10-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

OK so I just got my Vostro 1500 in the door this morning. It is the first laptop I have ever owned and i have to say I am quite dissapointed with it. I opted for the standard 1500 screen without truelife cause I heard truelife gives massive reflection. The colours on this seem very faded out and bland . Would they have been alot stronger with truelife? Is there anyway I can make the colours appear stronger on the laptop?

Also what did you guys go for ?? Truelife or no Truelife?

Cheers
    Chris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭lovetwix

ya..it's got reflection...but not massive.. it won't be noticeable most of time .. i'm using a ultrasharp WUXGA 17" with truelife from inspiron, only see reflection when setting brightness to a low level (below 40%), but it gets much worse below 20%....

and around 10%..there comes massive reflection and hardly see anything under the sun..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

damn I am beginning to regret not getting truelife I think. What does truelif do for viewing angles?

truelife gives wider viewer angle.

read this: http://www.screentekinc.com/dell-truelife-lcd-screens.shtml

if that makes you feel even worse...but then read this:

http://www.matbennett.com/tech/dell-truelife-screen.php

Hopefully you are feeling better now :D

Hmmm that is at least some consolation. but this screen is really beginning to strain my eyes. Any idea where the contrast and rightness adjustment can be found??

Right click on desktop, go 'NVDIA CONTROL PANEL'. :)

• Advertisement

You can adjust contrast there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I purchased a Vostro 1000 with truelife and theres a bit of reflection but not terribly noticeable. Although about 3 times the screen has started flashing colours and doing this crazy stuff with the screen and I end up having to restart

You can adjust contrast there?

ye..I can.. and default contrast is 50%..

maybe because I'm using a different driver..but I remember dell's has that as well. there's no harm to try those modded driver anyway..:D

I have messed around with the settings and I have come to a setting that is useable. I am now glad I went the the standard matt sccreen. The colours are nowhere as good as from my desktop moniter , but you can't really expect that from a laptop.

I have yet to try any games though so that could change my perspective yet again.

Advertisement