Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tomme tippee perfect prep machine

• 30-07-2014 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Saw this in Tesco in Naas for 84 euro, these things are 130 in mothercare and 131 in argos! I'd imagine all stores have them since its part of the baby and toddler event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭josvill2010

no link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

130 for a fancy kettle is a bit much! You still have to put the powder in anyways.

Think the new instructions that come with the baby say that the water should be boiled first and then let cool to 70 before adding the powder.

GaryCocs wrote: »
    130 for a fancy kettle is a bit much! You still have to put the powder in anyways.

Think the new instructions that come with the baby say that the water should be boiled first and then let cool to 70 before adding the powder.

Hahahaha my machine a godsend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

no link

Well that's because tesco in naas doesn't have a website.

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »

Just a little over when you count postage etc

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Just a little over when you count postage etc

Postage is free and pay in sterling as amazon currency converter rip you off

Postage is free and pay in sterling as amazon currency converter rip you off

Free to UK. And I don't currently own sterling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Free to UK. And I don't currently own sterling...

You don't need sterling - You bank will convert € to sterling with 2% or 0.5% fee or something like that. Shipping above 20 pounds is free.
    It is €75 if You will use amazon to convert sterling to euro.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I paid 50pounds for it on Amazon. It makes my life so much easier!!

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I paid 50pounds for it on Amazon. It makes my life so much easier!!

I wouldn't be without it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Love mine too.... Don't know how you can compare it with a kettle- cant see the similarities myself. Especially fumbling for a bottle at 3am! Bottle, push button, powder, shake, push button again, voila!

garden wrote: »
    Love mine too.... Don't know how you can compare it with a kettle- cant see the similarities myself. Especially fumbling for a bottle at 3am! Bottle, push button, powder, shake, push button again, voila!

I used to have it on top of my beside locker!

I think it's something about putting the powder into boiling water, kills off some of the good stuff in it but I'm no expert.

Had the bottles in a cooler box next to the bed, into the bottle warmer for 1 min and done. Job.

I think it's something about putting the powder into boiling water, kills off some of the good stuff in it but I'm no expert.

Had the bottles in a cooler box next to the bed, into the bottle warmer for 1 min and done. Job.

The water that comes out is 70degrees not 100 degrees it is also filtered

Does that mean it's not boiled to 100 or is it cooled too?

Either way it doesn't matter to me I guess, I used to do the bottles all together in the evening etc. etc.

Had a few of the premade ones too for emergencies.

Does that mean it's not boiled to 100 or is it cooled too?

Either way it doesn't matter to me I guess, I used to do the bottles all together in the evening etc. etc.

Had a few of the premade ones too for emergencies.

It has a special filter in it (that needs to be replaced) that filters all the water then the water is heated to 7o degrees. I don't think it is 100degrees then cooled although I am open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Yeah don't think the water is boiling...... I never got a bottle warmed in a minute - was always waiting 10 mins to get bottles heated from cold.

Yeah don't think the water is boiling...... I never got a bottle warmed in a minute - was always waiting 10 mins to get bottles heated from cold.

I got it because they midwives said you are meant to make the bottles up one at a time and I couldn't handle that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I got it because they midwives said you are meant to make the bottles up one at a time and I couldn't handle that!

You can make them up, just don't add the powder until you are ready to serve. Storing water, not milk is not a problem

• Advertisement

You can make them up, just don't add the powder until you are ready to serve. Storing water, not milk is not a problem

The reason for the water being 70 degrees is because formula is not sterile. If you use cool water it will not kill any nasties that may be in formula. I don't want to get into a big how to make bottles, it is bargain alerts after all!

The reason for the water being 70 degrees is because formula is not sterile. If you use cool water it will not kill any nasties that may be in formula. I don't want to get into a big how to make bottles, it is bargain alerts after all!

Don't use cool water then. Prepare the water in the bottle, heat the bottle when needed and add the powder, then cool and serve.

Don't use cool water then. Prepare the water in the bottle, heat the bottle when needed and add the powder, then cool and serve.

The machine uses water at 70 degrees then you add the formula.

The machine uses water at 70 degrees then you add the formula.

It's probably a bargain as it's much cheaper than it is elsewhere but I don't see the advantage when you can get a bottle warmer for much less or just use boiling water in a jug to heat the water in the bottle

It's probably a bargain as it's much cheaper than it is elsewhere but I don't see the advantage when you can get a bottle warmer for much less or just use boiling water in a jug to heat the water in the bottle

Because a screaming hungry baby isn't going to wait for the kettle to boil and for you to make the bottle and possibly cool it... I have the bottle warmer too Because it came with my steriliser just find this machine could be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

I almost brought one of these but decided against it after reading a few reviews it can be quite noisy at night waking everyone. So instead I got the "Thermos Ultimate Flask, Graphite, Steel, 0.8 Litre" on Amazon for £27 so we have instant hot water to sterilise the formula and make them as needed, then cool the bottle rapidly in cold water and can all be done in a minute or two which great when you have a screaming hungry baby. The flask performs so well we actually have to leave the boiled water cool for half an hour before filling it. Its great when going out for the day and I find it much easier to cool the milk rather than heating it up.

garfie1d wrote: »
    I almost brought one of these but decided against it after reading a few reviews it can be quite noisy at night waking everyone. So instead I got the "Thermos Ultimate Flask, Graphite, Steel, 0.8 Litre" on Amazon for £27 so we have instant hot water to sterilise the formula and make them as needed, then cool the bottle rapidly in cold water and can all be done in a minute or two which great when you have a screaming hungry baby. The flask performs so well we actually have to leave the boiled water cool for half an hour before filling it. Its great when going out for the day and I find it much easier to cool the milk rather than heating it up.

In fairness I think the baby crying will be louder than the machine

Because a screaming hungry baby isn't going to wait for the kettle to boil and for you to make the bottle and possibly cool it... I have the bottle warmer too Because it came with my steriliser just find this machine could be useful

You don't need to boil the water when the baby is screaming, just heat it to 70' in a bottle warmer to mix the powder, then cool it the same as you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

In fairness I think the baby crying will be louder than the machine

Fair point, but was thinking more so for the first months when you have to feed every 3 hours, had bottle ready quickly and quietly then just feed the baby still half asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Ardent

Some awful sh*te being posted in this thread. I have one of these and it's a godsend. Bottle made in 2 mins. Lifesaver with twins. The beeping is a minor inconvenience. Great price for a great machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Dunka

Can anyone tell me if this can only be used with the tommee tippee bottles or an make??

Thanks.

Dunka wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if this can only be used with the tommee tippee bottles or an make??

Thanks.

Any bottles work with it! It is like a coffee machine any cups work!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

anyone seen this in other tesco stores ?

anyone seen this in other tesco stores ?

No It is probably only available in really big ones

No It is probably only available in really big ones

I've tried a few and it seems only tesco extra stores have any

• Advertisement

I've tried a few and it seems only tesco extra stores have any

I'm going to a Tesco extra in cork with some pamper things I got as gifts, crafty exchange I think
    I can't use anything perfumed at the moment
    I will report back if they are in store

I'm going to a Tesco extra in cork with some pamper things I got as gifts, crafty exchange I think
    I can't use anything perfumed at the moment
    I will report back if they are in store

Actually if they are would you snap a photo? If there's no tesco near you, if you supply proof of the price to mothercare they'll price match! They need to see the price and item on shelf

Actually if they are would you snap a photo? If there's no tesco near you, if you supply proof of the price to mothercare they'll price match! They need to see the price and item on shelf

No problem
    Just got the last one in The second Tesco I tried

Saw this in Tesco in Naas for 84 euro, these things are 130 in mothercare and 131 in argos! I'd imagine all stores have them since its part of the baby and toddler event

Great find thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Super machine
    I'd advise any one that has a baby to get one

• Advertisement

Got onto mothercare, and they agreed to price match!

Advertisement