Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% off Sportsdirect - Sitewide from midnight tonight until Sunday @ 23:59

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Just checked mine and it says to contact Dhl address info needed. The full address is on d order form typical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

shannon82 wrote: »
    Just checked mine and it says to contact Dhl address info needed. The full address is on d order form typical
    is your phone number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I placed an order last Sunday too and only this evening its shown as being in DHLs Dublin depot so will probably be delivered on Tuesday. Typical to happen on a bank hol weekend when I'm waiting on new clothes. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Ordered late Sunday, info not received by DHL until Wednesday and it was processed in Gatwick this evening :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Bah ordered during the week and still waiting for courier pickup. Means it wont be picked up til tuesday at the earliest :(

Ahh well can't complain too much with the price I paid! Ordered 10 t-shirts 12 pairs of socks 6 pairs of jocks, 2 belts and 3 hoodies for 82 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Bah ordered during the week and still waiting for courier pickup. Means it wont be picked up til tuesday at the earliest :(

Ahh well can't complain too much with the price I paid! Ordered 10 t-shirts 12 pairs of socks 6 pairs of jocks, 2 belts and 3 hoodies for 82 euro!
    Why no trainers?????????

Why no trainers?????????

Don't need any :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Ordered tops on Wednesday last and still haven't got an email with tracking details,log into my sports direct account and says awaiting courier! I gotta feeling they still have to go out and be picked up yet...

Has anyone ever got them to process them faster by email or anyway as I ordered these thinking they would be with me in loads of time for holidays on Friday but reading stories here..now I'm not so sure!

No there's no phone number, wasn't one on my last order either(3weeks ago) and that was delievered no problem

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Ordered tops on Wednesday last and still haven't got an email with tracking details,log into my sports direct account and says awaiting courier! I gotta feeling they still have to go out and be picked up yet...

Has anyone ever got them to process them faster by email or anyway as I ordered these thinking they would be with me in loads of time for holidays on Friday but reading stories here..now I'm not so sure!

Unless they have it sent and just not updated I doubt you will have it by friday.

Earliest it will be picked up will be tuesday due to the bank holiday and you would be SUPER lucky to have it on friday.

Unless they have it sent and just not updated I doubt you will have it by friday.

Earliest it will be picked up will be tuesday due to the bank holiday and you would be SUPER lucky to have it on friday.

Am I right in saying it's not a bank holiday in the uk on Monday?

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying it's not a bank holiday in the uk on Monday?

Ohh you are right! As long as they send it out on monday you should have it by friday then :)

Ohh you are right! As long as they send it out on monday you should have it by friday then :)

Here's hoping anyway,will keep ya's posted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

For those still waiting, I ordered last Sunday night and received my order from DHL this morning (Saturday).

DHL driver said that with the bank holiday weekend they would have a backlog on Tuesday so they are working through them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ordered last sunday too, but mine is still at Gatwick. Defo won't get it until Tuesday at least, aaargh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Ordered a personalised football shirt late last Sunday night.
    Arrived yesterday evening via DHL.
    Great saving I made compared to the price in the shop here.
    Thumbs up yet again from me for sports direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Negative_G wrote: »
    For those still waiting, I ordered last Sunday night and received my order from DHL this morning (Saturday).

DHL driver said that with the bank holiday weekend they would have a backlog on Tuesday so they are working through them today.

Exact same thing happened me, about an hour ago DHL came I ordered 11pm Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

sharpish wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened me, about an hour ago DHL came I ordered 11pm Sunday night

Yea just got my order too, a nice surprise as I assumed it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Just got mine driver said they have to deliver Saturdays on bank holiday weekends.
    First order will be broke trainers I normally buy for child are 30/35 here got for 17 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

deisediva wrote: »
    Just got mine driver said they have to deliver Saturdays on bank holiday weekends.
    First order will be broke trainers I normally buy for child are 30/35 here got for 17 .

Same as. Tracking said stuff was in Dublin last night so wasn't expecting it until Tuesday so got a nice surprise when the doorbell rang earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

My delivery arrived in Dublin yesterday and tracking hasn't changed to 'Out for Delivery' today so I presume not all DHL drivers are working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

jamescd wrote: »
    Ordered last sunday too, but mine is still at Gatwick. Defo won't get it until Tuesday at least, aaargh :(

Same as.

One order made on Sunday evening, another on Monday afternoon. Only got emails this morning saying they'd been dispatched and checking tracking numbers shows they're in Gatwick.
    Definitely the slowest Sports Direct have been, but a slow delivery is definitely worth it given the savings made.

Typical due to no number, had to ring them today and they said it would be Tuesday, it will b Friday cos there's not going to be anybody around

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

My order just arrived about 20 mins ago, after placing my order on Sunday. The delivery guy said they were so busy it was unbelievable. Unfortunately, the giant Man Utd mug that I had ordered did not survive the trip. I have emailed customer services.

santry wrote: »
    My order just arrived about 20 mins ago, after placing my order on Sunday. The delivery guy said they were so busy it was unbelievable. Unfortunately, the giant Man Utd mug that I had ordered did not survive the trip. I have emailed customer services.

Maybe it was last season's mug and fell apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

Soarer wrote: »

I am not complaining :) , it was a gift for himself and it nearly killed me to put it in the basket but the kids wanted to get it for him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Soarer wrote: »

The new one will be a winner.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What's the story on postage to Ireland? It says €0.00 - is it really free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

mfceiling wrote: »
    What's the story on postage to Ireland? It says €0.00 - is it really free?

yup, I have not paid for delivery in over a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That's great, thanks...time for new runners!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

They were charging for delivery to Ireland (about a tenner per order) about a month ago so not sure how you have got it for free for over a year apparently.

Tinie wrote: »
    They were charging for delivery to Ireland (about a tenner per order) about a month ago so not sure how you have got it for free for over a year apparently.

Clearly they ordered when it was free delivery. I as well have been using them since they used to charge the same price in euro as pounds (I.e 1GBP -> 1 EUR) about 18 months ago and have not paid any delivery charge ever as well. I have made well over 10 orders too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Paid stg 4.99 about a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Any way around the faulty product returns requirement for the customer to pay for returns? This is given at

http://www.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/faultyproducts

I got golf trousers for €7.50 that were seriously damaged - cut in a couple of places. If I have to pay return postage to UK, probably best to just throw them away.

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

What's the crack with returns ? l bought 4 sets of shoes but one doesn't fit. lf l have to return the pair to the UK via registered post it will probably cost more than the product itself.

Can you return to an Irish affiliated shop at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Invincible

Any way around the faulty product returns requirement for the customer to pay for returns? This is given at

http://www.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/faultyproducts

I got golf trousers for €7.50 that were seriously damaged - cut in a couple of places. If I have to pay return postage to UK, probably best to just throw them away.

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

I'd say if you got more than a hole in one, you've a good chance :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Theres a freepost address in the sportdirect thread somehwere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I ordered last Sunday week, order still says "With courier".... Anyone else not get theirs?

Did you get a tracking code sent to you via email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Yeh, it says arrived at delivery facility Dublin on Friday last. Thought I would have got it Saturday like others did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

toby2111 wrote: »
    I ordered last Sunday week, order still says "With courier".... Anyone else not get theirs?

Ordered last Wednesday, and the track order option in your account settings tells me my order has left Gatwick.. Might get it tomorrow.

Have you looked at the track order option?

Yeh, it says arrived at delivery facility Dublin on Friday last. Thought I would have got it Saturday like others did.

You may get it today or tomorrow then. They will be busy after the bank holiday though.

Two orders. One from last Sunday, one from last Monday.
    First one departed Gatwick Saturday morning, second one departed Gatwick yesterday morning. No further updates. But they're hardly still up in the air, so they must've been received somewhere at this stage!
    I know the delivery guys don't work bank holidays, but surely the warehouse lads are working? I'm hoping that in the next hour, both will change to "out for delivery". Very little chance of that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

still havent got mine either, same as yourself. its slowly making its way to me. hopefully tomorrow morning finally!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

same here. Have tracking number from dhl and it should be delivered today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

viv2 wrote: »
    same here. Have tracking number from dhl and it should be delivered today.

Just delivered now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Order arrived today (although I'm based in the UK so may not be relevant to those waiting delivery in Ireland), great stuff as always. Thanks again for the 20% off code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

My first order is still in Leeds :(

Ah, I can wait. :) Loadsa new stuff.

Woohoo!
    Left Gatwick Saturday, and finally arrived in Dublin Sort Facility this afternoon! They must've been cycling! ;)

Hopefully I'll have them tomorrow. My jocks are rank at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Delivery so hit and miss on the freebie.. im waiting 10 days for delivery

• Advertisement
Advertisement