Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New super 6 for meat at Aldi

Options
  • 05-05-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Any of these for €3

Breaded Steaks and Goujons 700g/720g

Irish Back Bacon Joint 730g

Premium Boneless Pork Chops 520g

Diced Chicken Pieces 335g

Irish Diced Steak Pieces 400g

Irish Angus Steak Mince 450g
    TopMeat_IE_ov_w18.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The angus steak mince is seriously nice stuff, very noticeably better taste, stocked up the freezer yesterday!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Supercell wrote: »
    The angus steak mince is seriously nice stuff, very noticeably better taste, stocked up the freezer yesterday!

Totally! made a cottage pie with it, was really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Oh We always buy Dunnes Angus beef mince at €10 per kg so I wonder how this compares taste wise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thats crazy prices, their Pork chops are only delicious, the four or six pack thick ones, bacon joints also if you pick a lean one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

crayon80 wrote: »
    All for €3

Breaded Steaks and Goujons 700g/720g

Irish Back Bacon Joint 730g

Premium Boneless Pork Chops 520g

Diced Chicken Pieces 335g

Irish Diced Steak Pieces 400g

Irish Angus Steak Mince 450g
    TopMeat_IE_ov_w18.jpg

Their not all for €3 their all €3 each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

is this a new thing? meat on the super 6 I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

The mince looks like great value, the diced beaf looks good, the rest looks meh price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

juneg wrote: »
    is this a new thing? meat on the super 6 I mean?

Going since at least last Wednesday but Yeh relatively new.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    The mince looks like great value, the diced beaf looks good, the rest looks meh price wise.

Well not really, the chicken, bacon and chops are great deal and were really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Clever marketing. Just a few months after Tesco stopped doing their 3 meats for €9. My guess is that Tesco will drop market share and Aldi will gain. Slowly, but surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

vicwatson wrote: »
    Well not really, the chicken, bacon and chops are great deal and were really nice.
    Maybe bacon, but the chicken is no deal whatsoever, its the same price elsewhere generally with on/off deals, pork I don't keep track of as I consider it a crap meat but that's just me :)

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Maybe bacon, but the chicken is no deal whatsoever, its the same price elsewhere generally with on/off deals, pork I don't keep track of as I consider it a crap meat but that's just me :)

Where? For Irish Chicken?

Aldi pork chops are lovely and so is their bacon, and a great deal at €3

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Agreed. There was a bacon factory in my town many years ago. I often meet former butchers there, all very elderly now, buying their bacon and ham for boiling in Aldi. Those guys know their pig-meat!

Just last week I met one who was examining the vacuum packed bacon offcuts closely. He didn't find anything he liked that day but said he often gets really good pieces suitable for frying at knock down prices. Those pieces would be more like chops than rashers but I suppose you could slice them thinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

unkel wrote: »
    Clever marketing. Just a few months after Tesco stopped doing their 3 meats for €9. My guess is that Tesco will drop market share and Aldi will gain. Slowly, but surely.

Mine still does it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I didn't see this in store yet, and i shop in aldi every week, ill have to keep an eye out next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Its not in one place like the vegetables. You can only spot it by the red labels on the shelves. I was confused yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

From May 8th to May 21st, All €4 each

Irish Chicken Breast Fillets 500g
    Irish Whole Medium Chicken 1.6kg
    Irish Boneless Pork Chops 680g
    Irish Beef Medallions 380g
    Irish Bacon Eye Loin 650g
    Irish Lamb Leg Steaks 300g

All save 99c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Where? For Irish Chicken?

The majority of butchers I know of sell large Irish chicken fillets for €1.50 a piece.

Aldi do some good deals from time to time saying that I got a surprise one day a while back at the deals to be got in the local butchers too and checking both the supermarkets and the butchers out most weeks I find myself getting the majority of my weeks meat in the butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

prodsc wrote: »
    From May 8th to May 21st, All €4 each

Irish Chicken Breast Fillets 500g
    Irish Whole Medium Chicken 1.6kg
    Irish Boneless Pork Chops 680g
    Irish Beef Medallions 380g
    Irish Bacon Eye Loin 650g
    Irish Lamb Leg Steaks 300g

All save 99c.

where is this information from?

TBP wrote: »
    The majority of butchers I know of sell large Irish chicken fillets for €1.50 a piece.

Yeh? How many butchers do you know? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

where is this information from?

Next week's leaflet!!

Yeh? How many butchers do you know?

3 out of the 4 butchers in the town where I reside sell chicken fillets for €1.50 a piece and I do see signs up on the windows of a few butchers in the next town 15 mins over the road advertising them for the same price. Now and again the butcher counter at my local Supervalue regularly have chicken fillets for in or around €1.50-€2.00 each. Great value altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Started getting my chops and fillets in local butcher in Galway. Chicken fillets and pork chops a euro each. Bigger and tastier too.

It's one thing Aldi can be beaten on imo

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

3 out of the 4 butchers in the town where I reside sell chicken fillets for €1.50 a piece and I do see signs up on the windows of a few butchers in the next town 15 mins over the road advertising them for the same price. Now and again the butcher counter at my local Supervalue regularly have chicken fillets for in or around €1.50-€2.00 each. Great value altogether.

That's not great value tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Aldi's offer seems to be 500g of chicken breast fillets for €4.00. The only way you can compare that price is by weight. I don't know if it's good value or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Lissavane wrote: »
    Aldi's offer seems to be 500g of chicken breast fillets for €4.00. The only way you can compare that price is by weight. I don't know if it's good value or not.

Compared to other supermarket €8 per kg is a decent deal, some butchers and ethnic stores will beat it though.

Asian store near me in Artane does chicken Breast for €5.99 per kg.
    Large (250g each approx) breasts.

Lissavane wrote: »

Listen, I got a chicken fillet from the butcher here in Gort Co. Galway the other day and I'd say it must have been tipping 500g mark, I got it up my hole to finish it. So it's mighty value. Pork chops as big as car tyres in the same spot for a euro a piece as well. Can't go wrong with that.

Irish?

And what weight?

Asian store near me in Artane does chicken Breast for €5.99 per kg.
    Large (250g each approx) breasts.

Irish or Thai?

Listen, I got a chicken fillet from the butcher here in Gort Co. Galway the other day and I'd say it must have been tipping 500g mark, I got it up my hole to finish it. So it's mighty value. Pork chops as big as car tyres in the same spot for a euro a piece as well. Can't go wrong with that.

What? you got 1 chicken breast that was half a kilo in weight ??

• Advertisement

I think 335g of Irish chicken is good value at €3.00, that's all I'm sayin'

Advertisement