Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pampers [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

do aldi get more expensive than the rest as the sizes go up?

The bigger the size the less nappies :) if large bags of pamper are BOGOF in say size 3 they will work out slightly cheaper than aldi. But you can buy aldi at that price all year round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bluemmaoife

So what nappies do people think are the best or would it just depend on how baby gets on with each brand! Baby girl 18 weeks old have stocked up on pampers when they were 7 euro just wondering now for best value instead of changing every few weeks just wondering what do people think! Been hearing different things about Aldi ones

So what nappies do people think are the best or would it just depend on how baby gets on with each brand! Baby girl 18 weeks old have stocked up on pampers when they were 7 euro just wondering now for best value instead of changing every few weeks just wondering what do people think! Been hearing different things about Aldi ones
    Yes each brand doesn't suit everyone :) some people swear by tescos own brand I thought they were rubbish ! I love the dunnes ones whereas another poster found they irritated their baby etc I loved the Aldis ones for night, the lidl ones are great, boots are perfect too. Basically for me tesco and magics (suoervalue) just leaked :( pampers were going great unless he is teething and it leaks number 2s :( but in fairness that hasn't happened for a few days now. I literally have a stock of all different brands on the changing table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Swear by pampers but not the baby dry, gave child awful rash

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

There seems to be a mistake on the tesco website with the pampers .. 2 offers are running and the system seems to be taking both off !

Seems to be only on the essential packs .

It seems you must add at least 4 packs to get the most savings .

I just ordered 4 packs and it showed up 16.00

Hope this will be of help to some people ..
    We all know how expensive kids are :)

Pic attached

I tried it on size 5+ and its the price of 2 packs as expected under BOGOF

TheDriver wrote: »
    I tried it on size 5+ and its the price of 2 packs as expected under BOGOF

It's only working on the ESSENTIAL packs and it only seems to work when you add 4 packs .. Here's a pic of the 4 packs of 5+ In the essential for a total of 16.02

4 packs with the bog off should be 26.00

But 4 packs are actually coming in at 16.00

Sorry I'm useless at explaining things :( I hope people understand what I am trying to explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭patrickc

was displayed at that offer price, but when I went to checkout it came up at full price

Ahhh, I was looking at active fit, don't use baby dry because of rashes. Now saying I missed on the 2 offers (BOGOF and 2 for 21) because its midnight....

It's still showing up as the offer for me ... 8 packs for 32.04

patrickc wrote: »
    was displayed at that offer price, but when I went to checkout it came up at full price

Was this instore or online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭patrickc

Thewife wrote: »
    Was this instore or online ?

online as you described

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

Wonder if they will honour it...

"The actual price you pay is the price charged in store when your order is put together for delivery"

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    online as you described

Are you adding 4 packs of the essential ??

It's still coming up at 4 packs of essential for 16.02 for me ..

What size are you trying ? I've tried 3,4,4+,5,5+,6 and they have all worked .. Haven't tried 1 or 2 yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Worked for me.
    Thanks OP. See if they charge me a different price when I go to collect order...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thanks, just bought 20 packs of nappies for 80 quid! That should sort the twins out for a while!

soc wrote: »
    Worked for me.
    Thanks OP. See if they charge me a different price when I go to collect order...

Let us know please, what time is your collection?

Ardent wrote: »
    Thanks, just bought 20 packs of nappies for 80 quid! That should sort the twins out for a while!

From same account? If yes-you'd be really lucky if this doesn't make them wonder what is going on ;)

• Advertisement

So I was due a delivery this morning and I've checked my online banking and my total including delivery was to be 79.00 but they have taken 124 from my account ... I have rang and the lady says when the delivery arrives to ring back and she can refund the difference.

The price is still the same on their website this morning it hasn't changed overnight .

All you waiting for deliveries please check what they have deducted and call to explain it is the wrong price .

I hope all you mums that need them get these nappies :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Thewife wrote: »
    So I was due a delivery this morning and I've checked my online banking and my total including delivery was to be 79.00 but they have taken 124 from my account ... I have rang and the lady says when the delivery arrives to ring back and she can refund the difference.

The price is still the same on their website this morning it hasn't changed overnight .

All you waiting for deliveries please check what they have deducted and call to explain it is the wrong price .

I hope all you mums that need them get these nappies :))

Can you let us know if you get the refund ok.. And could you please send me the number you rang :)

javagal wrote: »
    Can you let us know if you get the refund ok.. And could you please send me the number you rang :)

This is the number I rang and pressed the option for online deliveries and got through to their customer service in the uk the lady said to call back and she can refund the difference .

1890 92 85 45

Waiting for the delivery between 9-11 and I will update here then :)

Don't forget the Dads that buy the nappies too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Ardent

Amen brother

How rude of me 🙀

I hope some of the amazing dad's availl of this offer also 😺

Great deal, working for me now but its for baby dry. Not active fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭The lips

Expecting delivery tomorrow at 3 - fingers crossed....

Guys what are the chances of this still being available in store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Great deal, working for me now but its for baby dry. Not active fit.

What size of nappy and what size of pack?

Normal prices for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

Normal prices for me.

Yep back to normal now. Only bogof discount

Normal prices for me.

It seems to be fixed now :( hopefully they will honour for everyone that has ordered ... Still waiting for my delivery ... Although it says online it has been delivered ?

Aw well. Back to sack cloth for us so :mad:

Anyone else think Tesco employees do be reading these forums?

It is fixed Instore too :( I had a €1.50 coupon off pampers so I got 82 size 4+ for €11.50 not great but not the worst deal

Anyone else think Tesco employees down be reading these forums?

Yes I think so because there was a big fuss when I went to buy 2 packs in tesco this morning

Anyone else think Tesco employees down be reading these forums?

Definatley !

Millem wrote: »
    Yes I think so because there was a big fuss when I went to buy 2 packs in tesco this morning

What kind of fuss

What kind of fuss

They had taken down all the signs on the nappies so I couldn't find the essential packs. (Usually they have them in a big pile separately as they are on offer). So eventually I found them (they had pen marks on them). Anyway a worker took them off me and was like I have to check the price :confused: I was like its grand they are BOGOF she was like no I need to check them because all the pampers are different??? I said honestly it's grand they are an essential pack, large packs have more nappies blah blah then she said but these have 41 in them. I was like yes and larger packs have more in them (56). Anyway she took then off me and came back and was like yes they are €12.99 BOGOF. She told me they were scanning in wrong yesterday and now it is fixed :(

My order arrived and I did as instructed and called back the customer service .

After a little heated exchange and me sending a copy of the email order I got and a screen shot of the exact same order at the same price this morning I going to be refunded the difference !!

Stocked up in nappies for a while :)

• Advertisement

Keep amazon in mind, i got box of new baby 2 and 3, 76 nappies per box for about 10.30 per box

Anyone managed to collect the order in store at this price? i guess since they fixed it now I'll be told this offer is not on today. TheWife could you send me a screenshot?

uli84 wrote: »
    Anyone managed to collect the order in store at this price? i guess since they fixed it now I'll be told this offer is not on today. TheWife could you send me a screenshot?

Can't seem to send it in pm so here is the screen shot from 7 am this morning

Regret not taking screenshot myself, oh well, only bought 4 so maybe they will be kind enough ;)

Regret not taking screenshot myself, oh well, only bought 4 so maybe they will be kind enough ;)

What size did you order ? I have a few screenshots of different orders haha

Here you go if any of them are any use

• Advertisement

Anyone collected today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I successfully collected this morning :cool:

Did a click-and-collect. Before turning up, I did a screen capture on my phone of the order summary, making sure to include final bill amount.

When I turned up, guy at Click-and-collect was very helpful. Showed me the bill and asked was I being charged more than I was expecting - I told him 'yeah' and showed him my phone pic. He said that two other people had been in this morning with same issue - and all buying nappies. He said that a glitch had caused nappies to be discounted more than they should have. He said they'd sort a refund for me of the difference between what was debited from my card versus figure I had originally been billed... and lead me to the store to get it sorted. I drove away with 450 nappies (10packs) for €41.40.

Thanks again OP :D

Nice one Hehe, i didnt get any. Did click & collect too but the guy on collection said there is nothing he could do, can only cancel them. I did show screenshots and all too. And I only ordered 4 size 4 ones :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Nice one Hehe, i didnt get any. Did click & collect too but the guy on collection said there is nothing he could do, can only cancel them. I did show screenshots and all too. And I only ordered 4 size 4 ones :(

Where did you click & collect? I've a c&c order for tomorrow morn, judging by your post I doubt I'll get it now :(

van_beano wrote: »
    Where did you click & collect? I've a c&c order for tomorrow morn, judging by your post I doubt I'll get it now :(

I was in Maynooth, maybe in Dublin you'll be fine..,

• Advertisement
Advertisement