Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil free skin care

• 28-11-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking for a good but not too expensive oil free cleanser and exfoliator

I've combination skin and have been told that over moisturising with oils etc has caused my skin to dry out....currently using the zo health products but they are so expensive- needless to say the clinic in going to is reluctant to offer highstreet alternatives but have said they need to be oil free

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Mutley2009

I think I know which (south-side) clinic you have attended!

The best way to clean your skin is warm (not hot) water and a clean flanel.

Try Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Norm/Comb) or Cetaphil Dermacontrol (oily).
    Also, the Simple range has very good feeback online (KIND TO SKIN REFRESHING FACIAL WASH GEL)

If you follow cleansing with a light acid toner it will exfoliate the skin but won't injure the skin like a scrub would.

You might enjoy reading Caroline Hirons blog on cleansing, she has reviewed almost every product out there.

As far as moisturising, try the La Roche Possay Effalcar range. They are reasonably priced in store and even cheaper on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭kaykay27

Spot on with the south side clinic 😀 Now their products were great and 'fixed' my skin but it's just too expensive to continue with

Heard about cetaphil- will give it a try

Thank you

Mutley2009 wrote: »
    I think I know which (south-side) clinic you have attended!

The best way to clean your skin is warm (not hot) water and a clean flanel.

Try Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Norm/Comb) or Cetaphil Dermacontrol (oily).
    Also, the Simple range has very good feeback online (KIND TO SKIN REFRESHING FACIAL WASH GEL)

If you follow cleansing with a light acid toner it will exfoliate the skin but won't injure the skin like a scrub would.

You might enjoy reading Caroline Hirons blog on cleansing, she has reviewed almost every product out there.

As far as moisturising, try the La Roche Possay Effalcar range. They are reasonably priced in store and even cheaper on line.

Advertisement