Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fee avoidance credit card for Ryanair

Options
  • 27-12-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

I know its been a topic before but it seems to be a moving target:
    - what is the cheapest, most practical card that is accepted for Ryanair bookings without incurring the extra per transaction fee ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Good results with Moneybookers Prepaid Mastercard here.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

They sell a prepaid mastercard at the giftcard desk in dundrum. Costs €5 to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

As more and more people start using MasterCard debit cards to pay, Ryanair will change the requirement to a different card. This is why they changed from VISA Electron as lots of people started using 'Entropay' cards.

The reason they - and other airlines - do this is so that they can lawfully advertise the fares as all-inclusive knowing that most people will have to incur the service charge. They just need to have one card type that avoids the fee to be within the guidelines.

Although it is true that MasterCard debit is the cheapest (from a processing point of view in the EEA anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

They sell a prepaid mastercard at the giftcard desk in dundrum. Costs €5 to buy

Are there no restriction on (or chance of) using it outside Dundrum ?
    Whats in it for Dundrum if they dont restrict it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CoxswainLovalot

Moneybookers works well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

Neteller pre paid Mastercard works for me

https://www.neteller.com/home/index.jsf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

NWPat wrote: »
    Neteller pre paid Mastercard works for me

https://www.neteller.com/home/index.jsf

Thanks.

How have you found them?

I went through the registration process, but got more worried the further I went. I found the customer service very poor and was left with the impression that i was dealing with an amateur setup in someones garage rather than a proper bank I would have any confidence in to process money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

Thr web site does give that impression, but they do what is says on the tin. You have to provide id the same as any bank and when you have done that the card arrives in a few days. It is easy and cheap to load the card with an existing credit card. Once you have money in your account the card works same as any other credit/debit card. It has saved me a small fortune in Ryanair fees and gives me a sense of well being having played michael O'Leary at his own game;)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Sandwlch wrote: »
    Are there no restriction on (or chance of) using it outside Dundrum ?
    Whats in it for Dundrum if they dont restrict it ?

Dundrum gift cards are done by a independent company. They sell 2 types. One for dundrum only which incurs no surcharge and then the Perfect Card that works online for an €5 surcharge

• Advertisement
Advertisement