Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clinique Cleansing Balm

Options
  • 06-11-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Is it worth the hype?!
    I used it once at my sister in laws house and I thought ... meh.
    The ingredients list is pretty basic too.

Comments

A cleanser is on your face for a few moments. It never seems worth paying much for such a basic item.

One of the best cleansers I've used lately was a friends old-fashioned Ponds cold cream. I used a warm, wet muslin to remove it after massaging it in and it was as good as any hot cloth cleanser I've ever used, not a trace of mascara left. I went out and bought some of my own the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I liked the Clinique TTDO, it's really gentle on sensitive skin and gets rid of every scrap of make-up. The tub lasted me ages as well, which kind of offsets the price. The only real reason I didn't buy it again was because I tend to travel a bit between my house, my boyfriend and my family, and I just found it too bulky to cart around with everything else.

A nice product though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I also like this product, another balm that is really nice and gets a lot of good reviews online is the body shop camomile cleansing balm. I am on my second box of this and find it just as good if not better than the clinque one.
    I think it's about 17 e so still not really cheap but it lasts a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Coconut oil will do the same job at a fraction of the cost and it removes every last scrap of make up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Clockwork Owl

Coconut oil will do the same job at a fraction of the cost and it removes every last scrap of make up :)
    True that. I reacted pretty nastily to TTDO but, admittedly, that seems to be the case with all Clinique products. Coconut oil does the trick just fine, is a fraction of the price and takes off makeup beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've had it, didn't think it was anything amazing. Did the job but nothing beneficial from it. Now I use Oskia Renaissance cleansing gel and this is a game changer for me. It's absolutely amazing and seems to last for ages too

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I use this and find it brilliant - although I would consider it a make up remover rather than a cleanser, I'd use it first to take off all my make up then save the cleansers with more beneficial ingredients for the second cleanse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've used it for almost a year and I find it great. It's definitely a first cleanser for taking off makeup and then follow with a cream cleanser. A tub lasts 6 months and that's using it everyday. It takes off eye makeup too.

I've got sensitive, rosacea prone skin and I find this product fantastic for my skin. I'm going to try the boots botanics cleansing balm and see how it compares as it gets great reviews as does he body shop one and the one from lush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I have acne prone and sensitive skin, and I love TTDO.

Only if you're lucky. If I put coconut oil anywhere near my face, I break out all over my face. But hey - if it works, all the more power to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

This is my absolute favourite too. Its not cheap but I find it lasts me ages and ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I love TTDO! I ran out a few months and didn't find anything as good so bought another tub. You don't need to use a huge amount and i find it leaves my skin feeling really refreshed. As some other posters have said, I don't use it as a cleanser though! Just as a make up remover!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I bought the sanctuary cleansing balm last week and it's awful. It has a disgusting smell. I then bought another tub of ttdo and won't be going for cheaper alternatives again. I might try the Emma hardie balm at some stage.

Advertisement