Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haircare products?! :)

Options
  • 17-05-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Iv below shoulder length hair, bleached, dry (very dry) and currently dull.. Have trim it ever six weeks or it gets very bad split ends :o.. I don't straighten my hair at all, only wash it every 3 days and just blow dry for like 5 minutes.. Have never bought salon hairstuff just couldn't afford it :o have abit money now and advise would be brill?! :D
    -
    Oh I also live in a hardish water area If that makes a difference lol?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

The Redken extream range is great for getting your hair back healthy after bleaching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Uniq1 protein spray

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I had a similar problem with my hair but this was caused by exposure to 15 weeks of radiotherapy post op in 2013/2014. My hairdresser chopped about 2" off all over and I ended with a pixie style cut with a jagged slightly to one side fringe. I still have this style today and love it. Becky told me to invest in Pro Naturals, a hair repair system. I did and I followed their regime and still use it today. It is so simple, for 5 weeks I use what I have always used, Optima Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner and on the 6th week I used the Pro Naturals shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and Moroccan argan oil, this is a leave in treatment applied to the ends of the hair and partway up the shaft. I tend to steer clear of roots and scalp. I must admit I use the argan oil after every shampoo day, not just every 6th week. I use my blow dryer (Ultralight Salon Series Ionic) only on a cool/warm setting but then I curl my hair using my styling iron (G3 Salon Pro). I am a great believer in investing in good quality professional tools if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

I also have long hair and what I have to improve it is using chemical free shampoo and conditioner from HASK their hair oil is fantastic as well as a plus you can get it in penneys. Home store and more (think that how its called) do a silk (on one side only) pillowcase will make a big difference to bed head hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

The Redken extreme range mentioned is brilliant. You have to alternate it with moisturising products though as its protein based and too much protein is terrible for your hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Joico products are giving me life right now :D love my hair now, its so shiny and smooth and manageable, keep getting lovely compliments from even strangers about my hair :) been using the moisture shampoo and conditioner and then the k pak ones every now and again, and a weekly moisture mask thing. And then the k pak reconstructor treatment every couple of weeks too, i love them all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Tasden wrote: »
    Joico products are giving me life right now :D love my hair now, its so shiny and smooth and manageable, keep getting lovely compliments from even strangers about my hair :) been using the moisture shampoo and conditioner and then the k pak ones every now and again, and a weekly moisture mask thing. And then the k pak reconstructor treatment every couple of weeks too, i love them all :o

Damn I just started a thread, wish I searched first :o

Any tips on where I can purchase these products in Dublin, or would I have to buy online, thanks :) Your post gives me hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Damn I just started a thread, wish I searched first :o

Any tips on where I can purchase these products in Dublin, or would I have to buy online, thanks :) Your post gives me hope!

I order from beauty bay, not sure if you can get them in shops or not sorry. If you want to make it look less frizzy then I would use the k pak colour therapy oil, it makes my hair so shiny and silky! :) i honestly love the products so much they've made such a difference. I think they do little packs of travel sized stuff so if you're unsure you could try it out first but tbh I'd bite the bullet and get the large ones.
    Also I've started using a dry shampoo. On days where I usually would have just washed my hair even though it probably could've lasted another day, I now just use the dry shampoo and it means a little less washing every week so that's helping a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Is Joico good for frizz and dry ends?

Advertisement