Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding domain history

Options
  • 22-07-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Not sure if this is suitable room for this thread but found nowhere else that aint a graveyard...

I registered a .com domain years ago for a business of mine. It was in use up until April 09 when i noticed it now belonged to some one else (one of them domain grabbing companies). Thankfully its a sub domain, but thats not the point.

Anyways, the irish hosting/domain company, whom i have being paying for the annual renewal of this domain since it was transfered to them in 2007, have categorically denied that they had anything to do with the billing/administration of the domain in question. However, in my domain name control panel (we would have 30 odd domains), the .com in question is there AND i have paid invoices in my account for 2009 & 2008 for this .com.

Now, what i need to find out is how i can check out the previous domain name registrant, which in turn will provide info on who managed/administored the domain. Who.is is no use as it only shows current details.
    These irish crowd are telling me "it wasnt us", i need proof to say, "Yes, it was"

Any help greatlyappreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

try using the "waybackmachine"

type in the URL and it should give you screenshots of what it looked like in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

www.domaintools.com generally would have information on .com domains but it is a subscription service. A number of people on this forum would have subscriptions.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement