Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God is dead. Nietzsche finally proved right.

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:17am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You god damn filthy apes....
    Charlton Heston just bit the bullet. Dead. Soylent Green. Tombstone written.

But at least now we can pry that gun from his cold dead hands.
    Sad loss. Man is a legend.

Let the bad punning, arguments about gun control and RIP posts commence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A great actor. <3 Ben Hur.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Almost ironic he didn't die form a bullet,:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

he was brilliant in Wayne's World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Christ, I was just talking about him last night - quoting the "get your paws off me" line, then moving on to talking about Stop The Planet of the Apes, I Want to Get Off! (the POTA musical in The Simpsons starring Troy McClure).

Man, I get freaked when stuff like that happens. I was talking about Johnny Cash the night before he died, and I was talking about Nina Simone a few hours before she died.

Do I have weird powers...? :(

Anyway he seemed like such a redneck. Kinda sexy in the 50s/60s but then entered sleazeball territory in the 70s.

I'm convinced Troy McClure is a Heston parody but my brothers reckon I'm wrong and that McClure is just the ultimate B-movie actor. What do youz think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

he was brilliant in Wayne's World

The pinnacle of his career without a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm convinced Troy McClure is a Heston parody but my brothers reckon I'm wrong and that McClure is just the ultimate B-movie actor. What do youz think?

ye are both wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"From my cold, dead hands!"

Is he cold yet?

What odds can I get on him being buried with a rifle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Man, I get freaked when stuff like that happens. I was talking about Johnny Cash the night before he died, and I was talking about Nina Simone a few hours before she died.

....What do youz think?

I think you should talk about Cuba Gooding Junior for the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Loved the Omega man.

He was a brilliant actor.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    I think you should talk about Cuba Gooding Junior for the next few days
    Maybe I'll talk about Bono...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You're freaking me out! You don't just ban people, you kill them with your mind for no reason whatsoev...aaaaarrrggh

/slow coach has left the building.

I know... I killed them! :(

Was reading up on Heston: he was such a liberal up to the late 60s - voted Democrat, spoke out against racial segregation (including picketing one of his own movies that was segregated) and was actively involved in the Civil Rights Movement, opposed Vietnam...

Then he switched to Republican, voiced opposition to Affirmative Action, and of course all that gun malarkey.

Gotta hate it when people do annoying stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Christ, I was just talking about him last night - quoting the "get your paws off me" line, then moving on to talking about Stop The Planet of the Apes, I Want to Get Off! (the POTA musical in The Simpsons starring Troy McClure).

i always thought he was based on doug mcclure, he even looks like him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Gotta hate it when people do annoying stuff like that.

You mean stuff like kill celebrities through the power of thought alone? No, I gotta say, I'm actually okay with it.

As usual wikipedia has the answer to the Troy McClure question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I've got a weird sense of deja vu reading this thread, i feel like i've ben-hur before....

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Dudess: Legend Killer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Soylent Green ...... is......PEOPLE:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Grimes wrote: »
    Soylent Green ...... is......PEOPLE:eek:

Enjoy delicious Soylent Chow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

At these times you do feel for his family and friends and their loss.

However my feelings for him are colored by his NRA involvement,

Heston might have been a good actor, I don't know, I can't recall seeing any of his films.

As a person he just seems to be to have not been a nice man, to have gone to those places for hastily arranged NRA rally just after massacres? that was very wrong and it put even greater pain onto those who were already suffering.

longshanks wrote: »
    i always thought he was based on doug mcclure, he even looks like him
    You're right, see Wikipedia. Thanks Earthhorse.
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    You mean stuff like kill celebrities through the power of thought alone? No, I gotta say, I'm actually okay with it.
    Not that, more his extreme shift in political leanings. Have to say I'm starting to find the killing stuff pretty cool.
    Beanstalk wrote: »
    I've got a weird sense of deja vu reading this thread, i feel like i've ben-hur before...
    Hur hur hur...
    TheGooner wrote: »
    Dudess: Legend Killer :mad:
    Aw, for a moment I thought you meant "legendary killer" substituting "legend" for "legendary" but then I saw the angry face. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

He wasn't that good in fairness. That film about the talking monkeys, and the one with Ben Hur in it. That's about it isn't it? He was no Clint Eastwood that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well he was on my Dead Pool list, so at least something good comes out of his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Not that, more his extreme shift in political leanings.

Ah yeah, I was only joking. David Mamet recently wrote something in the Sunday Tribune about how his conversion to conservatism. Not that I can't separate the artist and the art but it is dissapointing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

He was an ok actor.
    I hope this causes NRA to crumble somewhat.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I was only joking. David Mamet recently wrote something in the Sunday Tribune about how his conversion to conservatism. Not that I can't separate the artist and the art but it is dissapointing to see.
    Yeah, he's become a staunch supporter of the free market in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Aw, for a moment I thought you meant "legendary killer" substituting "legend" for "legendary" but then I saw the angry face. :(

:p

• Advertisement

Re the thread title: did Heston ever actually play the role of God in a film? I know he played Moses. Is that kinda the same thing?

Advertisement