Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deoderant and aftershave?!

• 05-04-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

ok for the ladies, what do you like smelling on your men? aftershave i like lacost red and i used to love that physio sport deoderant but cant find it anywhere! what do ye think?!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Physio Sport? Is that the ****e in the blue and orange can that you get for Xmas from relatives you're not that close to? I probably have a couple of cans I can give you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apparently there is one now that actually turns you into chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It has been scientifically proven things like regular showers, aftershave and deoderant mask your pheromones and actually make women less attracted to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I knew a girl who loved the smell of Gilette products. Not aftershave but smell of the shaving cream and sprays. The smell of them seemed to butter her muffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

Joop aftershave (the original) and no deodorant - there's nothing sexier than a bit of fresh sweat. I was wondering was I a bit of a weirdo there till I read it's supposedly a well recognised aphrodisiac!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I knew a girl who loved the smell of Gilette products. Not aftershave but smell of the shaving cream and sprays. The smell of them seemed to butter her muffin.

I'll field this one...

YORE MA??

Fresh sweat? No showers? Screw that. I'd rather be clean than attract a woman, thanks. Can't stand people who don't look after their personal hygiene, it's just disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

I think the one that turns you men into chocolate does just A-okay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    ok for the ladies, what do you like smelling on your men? aftershave i like lacost red and i used to love that physio sport deoderant but cant find it anywhere! what do ye think?!!
    ME;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Allure Sport Pour Homme
    Issy by Issy Miyake
    Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

vroooooooooooooooom;)

• Advertisement

Miss Fluff wrote: »

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

vroooooooooooooooom;)

I used to wear that but prefer Armani

Collie D wrote: »
    Fresh sweat? No showers? Screw that. I'd rather be clean than attract a woman, thanks. Can't stand people who don't look after their personal hygiene, it's just disgusting.

You don't have to be manky or neglect your personal hygiene. You just don't have to shower once or twice a day and cover yourself in chemicals.

dublindude wrote: »
    You don't have to be manky or neglect your personal hygiene. You just don't have to shower once or twice a day and cover yourself in chemicals.

It's not even chemicals. I only wear aftershave every now and then but showering every morning is a must. You may as well just wear your clothes to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

so where can i pick up this can of physio sport?! i absolutely love the smell but cant seem to find it anywhere! :( also is that joop original good? any pics of the bottle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

biko wrote: »
    Apparently there is one now that actually turns you into chocolate.

A breakthrough formula!

I like Armani, don't really like deodrants, I usually wear a roll on, not that I sweat much.

Can pick it up in Dublin if you're really interested, no use to me. I'm sure I have it somewhere. Joop is very sweet smelling, you'd either love it or hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Can pick it up in Dublin if you're really interested, no use to me. I'm sure I have it somewhere. Joop is very sweet smelling, you'd either love it or hate it.

i was thinking of lacoste red deoderant and aftershave..but then i remembered physio sport deoderant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brut. :p *sprays* I stocked up from all those Christmas presents from years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

Old spice .... o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭Archeron

You may as well just wear your clothes to bed.

Yet another time saving hint brought to you by Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I find Hugo Boss to be quite delish. Or Issey Miyake, sex in a bottle :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ruu wrote: »
    Brut. :p *sprays* I stocked up from all those Christmas presents from years back.

Brut my Grandad used to wear that :D

Who said anything about 'no showers'? There's a world of difference between fresh sweat and stale sweat. Fresh sweat is the sweat you've produced in the course of a day, so where you're getting 'no showers' from I've no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Bizarre amount of men posting in a thread "for the ladies" tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

rb_ie wrote: »
    The OP should have posted in TLL tbh.

I'm female. Dublindudess was taken.

Sherifu wrote: »
    The OP should have posted in TLL tbh.
    It'd still get guys replying, because for some reason, men want to hang around TLL, similarly, women want to hang around the BGRH forum. Must be noted that the women insisted on posting in BGRH first though, since men can't have anything to themselves these days :rolleyes:

Boards is full of weirdos as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thats offensive to both me and my many, many lizards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Must be noted that the women insisted on posting in BGRH first though, since men can't have anything to themselves these days :rolleyes:
    They're even in the soccer forum :(

• Advertisement

Big time.

The problem with things like public discussion forums is you have to exchange views with children, weirdos, dumbos, etc.

In the real world you surround yourself with people who are similar to you.

Boards defo has quite a high weirdo percentage.

I like it though ;)

Archeron wrote: »
    Thats offensive to both me and my many, many lizards.

Lizard people friends or just the pets?
    Sherifu wrote: »
    They're even in the soccer forum :(

Oh lol

"He has gorgeous legs doesn't he?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dublindude wrote: »
    It has been scientifically proven things like regular showers, aftershave and deoderant mask your pheromones and actually make women less attracted to you.

Explains everything. I dont; give a toss, look scruffy and I have the women falling all over me at work.

Nothing works better than Right Guard.... so I use nothing.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

212 Ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The little Nivea For Men roll ons for my pits, hate spray cans.

For aftershave, anything by Ralph Lauren (Blue being my favourite) or Armani Gio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Lynx Dark Temptation and Cerrutisi at the moment, i work in boots so i get loads of free full tester bottles when they are getting new fragrances in. :D

• Advertisement

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Lynx Dark Temptation and Cerrutisi at the moment, i work in boots so i get loads of free full tester bottles when they are getting new fragrances in. :D
    And do you give him more butt loving for it? Over another brand like?

I much prefer it when men don't wear anything.

Moonbaby wrote: »

Does that go for clothes an' all? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Dirt! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Dior Farenheit. end of. It has 'come hither and let's mate' tones. Seriously.

It makes me want to shag any man wearing it*

Double vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!

*obviously I don't though;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Allure Sport Pour Homme

vroooooooooooooooom;)

What i use...!

Doesn't seem to do wonders though.
    I only use 2 squirts at a time and its so light, i can barely smell it myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

Old spice .... o_O

ahh yes the mark of a man. I love it, my OH loves it, I wear it, she smells it, reminds me of my late Father

eldeabroad wrote: »
    ahh yes the mark of a man. I love it, my OH loves it, I wear it, she smells it, reminds me of my late Father
    Maybe she had a thing for your dad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

This stuff is taking the world by storm.....

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/files/productimages/t_1720.jpg

Yes, my auntie bought to me for christmas....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Izzy Miyake gets by far the best reaction from women for me, have both the L'Eau DIssye and Izzy, they're sweet.

Caroline Herrerra 212 sexy is next on the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

Maybe she had a thing for your dad?

post reported for being in very bad taste.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Totally agree detectivfoxtrot, absolutely adore the smell of fahrenheit on a man...
    Have tried over and over to convince bf to wear it but he hates it- if i walk past a man on the street that is wearing fahrenheit it gets me all hot and bothered-there must be something in it that gets women excited!

Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Love Allure sport...never notice it until I get close enough to someone wearing it, then I want to jump on them :D

Also Cool Water for men..something about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

suzieb wrote: »
    Totally agree detectivfoxtrot, absolutely adore the smell of fahrenheit on a man...
    Have tried over and over to convince bf to wear it but he hates it- if i walk past a man on the street that is wearing fahrenheit it gets me all hot and bothered-there must be something in it that gets women excited!

Love it.

Yeh, tried to get the OH to wear it but he's into that Allure for Men sh1t at the moment. In fairness, I did buy the Allure for him but after a few wears I realised that I didn't like it, he does though. Can't wait for the bottle to run out. It's his birthday soon so he's getting a bottle of Farenheit whether he likes it or not! :cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

allure sport and some JPG in a black bottle (can't remember name) are what i use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement