Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We need a holiday

Options
  • 24-01-2008 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

You know folks, I've been thinking: we've all been palling around on this site for some time now, getting up to all sorts of japes and scrapes and generally behaving like the dashing gay blades that we all undoubtedly are. Some of us apparently go to things called "boards beers" even and know what each other look like in "real life". So here's the deal: Isnt about time we just cut to the chase and all went off on holliers together?

Thats right, think about it people. It could be a bit a like "carry on camping" meets "fear and loathing in las vegas". bartabs run up, rooms thrashed, babies made, friendships forged then broken and dramatically reforged as trains pull away from stations, airplanes missed, people arrested for molesting childrens shoes, sure t'would be mighty craic altogether. And there's so many of us we could block book a hotel and live like kings.

So where are we off to and whos going to be barbara windsor? Suggestions and nominations for the organising commitee please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Bambi wrote: »
    You know folks, I've been thinking: we've all been palling around on this site for some time now, getting up to all sorts of japes and scrapes and generally behaving like the dashing gay blades that we all undoubtedly are. Some of us apparently go to things called "boards beers" even and know what each other look like in "real life". So here's the deal: Isnt about time we just cut to the chase and all went off on holliers together?

Thats right, think about it people. It could be a bit a like "carry on camping" meets "fear and loathing in las vegas". bartabs run up, rooms thrashed, babies made, friendships forged then broken and dramatically reforged as trains pull away from stations, airplanes missed, people arrested for molesting childrens shoes, sure t'would be mighty craic altogether. And there's so many of us we could block book a hotel and live like kings.

So where are we off to and whos going to be barbara windsor? Suggestions and nominations for the organising commitee please

Ah yes. Babies made, killed then eaten. The circle of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Charleville Castle.
    "rooms thrashed" - check.
    Possibilities for hilarious antics / misadventures in the surroundings woods - check.
    We can have puns like "bump in the night" - check.

"whos going to be barbara windsor"? - it's a long list of possibilities of tarts who're all talk and tits and no brain. Like... no, wait. I'd have to ban me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I like this idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bambi wrote: »

Ugh. You're from the Northside. I don't associate with people like you.*

I'd go, but I'm not allowed leave the country at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Amsterdam would be the place, nice little place called Rookeries i think Nice Rooms (TV, Wi-fi, Safe), Pub, Free Breake, Coffieshop and bar till 4am, all under the one roof...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Karoma wrote: »
    Charleville Castle.
    "rooms thrashed" - check.
    Possibilities for hilarious antics / misadventures in the surroundings woods - check.
    We can have puns like "bump in the night" - check.

"whos going to be barbara windsor"? - it's a long list of possibilities of tarts who're all talk and tits and no brain. Like... no, wait. I'd have to ban me.

Banned, for being just plain silly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

User45701 wrote: »
    Amsterdam would be the place, nice little place called Rookeries i think Nice Rooms (TV, Wi-fi, Safe), Pub, Free Breake, Coffieshop and bar till 4am, all under the one roof...

You know what'll happen. Everyone will just go on boards for the whole holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Terry wrote: »
    Ugh. You're from the Northside. I don't associate with people like you.*

oh I wont be going, you lot are. I wouldnt be caught dead at something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I presume you mean a virtual holiday, like everyone upping and offing to... I don't know... askaboutmoney.com or politics.ie for a week. Or a fortnight. They say you need a fortnight for a real break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Hmmm.... good point but we would need internet to keep anyone on boards who didn't go apprised of the casualty rate
    What good is that place if they dont have whores.

5 mins from red light. Cam city center, also 5 mins from centrall station

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Actaully I'm used to going away with Boardsies. I spent last weekend in Co. Clare with monkeyfudge, Stoner & Grimes. Sounds gay? .... it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I'm not going if that pyjamas guy is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

if this entailes Buttsekz.. snyper says noooooes!

I dont do pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Who's goin to bring ...eh hem..YORE MA....im soooo sorry...been on this site awhile and was dyin to say it pleeeease dont ban me :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

anniehoo wrote: »
    Who's goin to bring ...eh hem..YORE MA....im soooo sorry...been on this site awhile and was dyin to say it pleeeease dont ban me :):o

BANNED - Please read the charter*

*Wonder if posing as a mod is a bannable offence

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Collie D wrote: »

Yes BANNED for posing as a...

aw crap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Collie D wrote: »
    BANNED - Please read the charter*

Tee hee hee.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah **** that, why dont we just hijack secondlife or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Tee hee hee.

Just a warning, eh? That all you got, big man? :D

Note to Self Don't push it.....warning taken aboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Or another great vacation idea: for one week we lock down the server and everyone has to post on boards.us

Advertisement