Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 o'clock slump?

• 07-04-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

What do you do when the 3 o'clock slump hits ya?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

yore ma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Go for a cup of tea and a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

go for a smoke. bye now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Cup of tea if it's really that bad ... otherwise a walk to the water thingy and fill my bottle !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

quick w@nk in the toilets at work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Smoke a ciggy, mug of coffee and kick a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Head to Spar for a chocolate hit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I only got up a 2 so no 3pm slump for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Have Chocolate. In fact, I mighy have to make a trip out now. When it stops raining!

• Advertisement

Coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A packet of peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Take the 3 o clock dump

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Slumping is for the weak. Pighead is as alert and bright at 3 o'clock as he is at any other time during the waking day. Sleepy times are for slumping. People who slump are weak and unfocused and have absolutely no right to even think about becoming the next leader of this or any other country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well If pighead was to be a human incubator, Pighead would also feel a slump from time to time.

I miss my coffee..

Quality wrote: »
    Well If pighead was to be a human incubator, Pighead would also feel a slump from time to time.

I miss my coffee..
    Human incubator?! Listen cupcakes its a well known fact that men expend much more energy on listening to women moan about how excruciatingly torturous and exhausting child-birth is. If anybody has a right to a 3 o clock slump its us men.

Take a leaf out of Miriam O Callaghans book. Think she had 732 kids at last count and yet you never hear her banging on about 3 o clock slumps. She gets on with it and goes about her business professionally. You could take a leaf out of her book Quality.

Pighead wrote: »
    Human incubator?! Listen cupcakes its a well known fact that men expend much more energy on listening to women moan about how excruciatingly torturous and exhausting child-birth is. If anybody has a right to a 3 o clock slump its us men.

Take a leaf out of Miriam O Callaghans book. Think she had 732 kids at last count and yet you never hear her banging on about 3 o clock slumps. She gets on with it and goes about her business professionally. You could take a leaf out of her book Quality.

Ahh my child births have been wonderful times.. No moaning for me, Mr Quality is barred from the room to come in to a beautiful clean baby and a smiling wife...

As for Miriam, she is my idol.. I have a poster of her on my office wall... A role model..

Quality wrote: »
    As for Miriam, she is my idol.. I have a poster of her on my office wall... A role model..
    Your idol? Jesus, steady on love. Pighead flagged her up as being an example to all you lazy slumpers but he didn't expect her to be hailed as an idol. She runs a family and has carved out a succesful career in broadcasting. Thats it, nothing to get excited about. Shes doing her job well, fair play to her.

Should Pighead have a poster of Jordan up on his bedroom wall because she has a few kids and masterminds the succesful Jordan brand? Course not, he has a poster of her up on his wall because she looks like a filthy whore and has massive jugs.

Rip down your O'Callaghan poster and replace it with one of Rosa Parks, the lady who became famous for refusing to obey bus driver James Blake’s order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Fallopian tubes of steel that woman had.

Or Hatshepsut, Queen of Egypt from 1479 to 1458 BC. Next time you're in Egypt Quality, check out the cracking buildings and pyramids that are spread throughout the country and realise that it was Hatshepsut who was the driving force behind the spectacular views you witness before you.

No offence to Miriam but she isn't a patch on Rosa or Hatshepsut. You Quality have got your priorities all wrong. Pick yourself out of this slumop you find yourself in and try and aim a little higher when it comes to picking your idols.

Pighead wrote: »
    Your idol? Jesus, steady on love. Pighead flagged her up as being an example to all you lazy slumpers but he didn't expect her to be hailed as an idol. She runs a family and has carved out a succesful career in broadcasting. Thats it, nothing to get excited about. Shes doing her job well, fair play to her.

Should Pighead have a poster of Jordan up on his bedroom wall because she has a few kids and masterminds the succesful Jordan brand? Course not, he has a poster of her up on his wall because she looks like a filthy whore and has massive jugs.

Rip down your O'Callaghan poster and replace it with one of Rosa Parks, the lady who became famous for refusing to obey bus driver James Blake’s order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Fallopian tubes of steel that woman had.

Or Hatshepsut, Queen of Egypt from 1479 to 1458 BC. Next time you're in Egypt Quality, check out the cracking buildings and pyramids that are spread throughout the country and realise that it was Hatshepsut who was the driving force behind the spectacular views you witness before you.

No offence to Miriam but she isn't a patch on Rosa or Hatshepsut. You Quality have got your priorities all wrong. Pick yourself out of this slumop you find yourself in and try and aim a little higher when it comes to picking your idols.

LOL

miriam8tv.jpg

Thanks pig head, I am gonna get rid of the mirium poster as we speak, i am glad you have sorted everything out for me.. Your a wonderful role model yourself;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

3 o clock slump usually dealt with by either w@nk, a cigarette, dump or a coffee, or any combination of the above.

Or possibly a desperate call to a recruitment agency asking have they got ANYTHING else???!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I usually wash down a couple of E with a Cuppa Soup (Usually Oxtail flavour but I'll have tomato flavour if feeling a bit wild!). Have a few snorts of coke in the office toilet cubicle. Then about 5pm I pop 2 or 3 valium or whatever downers I can get my hands on for the long commute home where I have a few spliffs waitng for me.
    It's a vicious circle really, damn you 3 o'clock slump, damn you to hell!! :D

Advertisement