Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Now

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

I have been using the one in Sandyford for a few years now and I have to say I've never had any trouble with them. I pay the 18 euro a month direct debit. I find it a lot cheaper as I end up having to go to the GP for prescriptions etc quite often.

The only thing I don't like is that the doctors seem to change a lot so you never know who you're getting. I usually book my appointments by email and they reply very quickly, I've never had any trouble getting one.

I was tempted to cancel after seeing all the negative comments but I think I'll stick with them for now until I'm not happy myself. If you find yourself going to the GP more than a couple of times a year I would recommend them cost wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mipo

See this interesting Article in the Irish Examiner today 27th September 2016: gp-service-relaunches-with-new-name-despite-owing-money-to-staff-and-patients .

It is the people who paid upfront for membership that have been affected.

How are you getting on with the new/same company. Have you used then recently KatieBelle92?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

mipo wrote: »
    See this interesting Article in the Irish Examiner today 27th September 2016: gp-service-relaunches-with-new-name-despite-owing-money-to-staff-and-patients .

It is the people who paid upfront for membership that have been affected.

How are you getting on with the new/same company. Have you used then recently KatieBelle92?

I've used them a few times since they rebranded and there's been no changes. In fact I emailed them the other day asking for a repeat prescription and they replied within minutes saying it was waiting for me at reception. I just can't fault them at the moment apart from not liking a couple of the doctors in the past. When I go now I usually ask for the same doctor and they can generally oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 high society

I tried, for nearly a year, to get my yearly fee, paid up front, refunded to me, because I could never get an appointment in the Templeogue branch. I was told, on one occasion, that I could have an appointment on the Friday week, this was on a Tuesday or Wednesday!! They were rude, unresponsive when emailed, and obviously just wanted the money, and to hell with the patients. So angry that I was taken in by this,never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Has to now in Sandford closed down now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Has to now in Sandford closed down now

Not that I'm aware of anyway, they didn't send me an email (they did when they put the prices up) and they're still taking my money!!! Why do you ask?? Have you heard something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of anyway, they didn't send me an email (they did when they put the prices up) and they're still taking my money!!! Why do you ask?? Have you heard something??

http://netdrnow.com/ says it on their website "temporarily closed"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Doesn't look good. Who from the Sandyford area will travel to Swords for a GP appointment?

Oh FFS!! Useless! Been trying to call the Membership line and Swords to see what the story is but of course They're not answering!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

If you Google net doctor now Sandford it says permanently closed. I rang the swords clinic to ask about sandyford and they said they don't know when it's reopening .I cancelled my dd today

• Advertisement

If you Google net doctor now Sandford it says permanently closed. I rang the swords clinic to ask about sandyford and they said they don't know when it's reopening .I cancelled my dd today

Thanks for heads up!!

Advertisement