Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos & returning old electrical goods (WEEE)

Options
  • 06-02-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to buy a new electric lawnmower from my local Argos, but am concerned they won't take my old one. I've been in the store alot over the years and have never seen them take old goods back.

Anyone know for sure if they do? Or if there's an opt-out of participating in the WEEE directive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Per their website..
    Electrical products
    You may dispose of your old electrical items free of charge by returning them to any Republic of Ireland Argos store, subject to the following conditions:

For every product to be disposed of free of charge, you must purchase a new electrical item from Argos
    The electrical item to be disposed of must be of an equivalent type or have the same function to the item purchased, e.g. a kettle for a kettle
    The disposed electrical item must not present a health and safety risk to the store staff
    Some products are excluded from this offer, e.g. household lighting
    You can return your old electrical item up to 15 days from the date of purchase of the new item, or if it was delivered to you, up to 30 days from the date of purchase
    You must show the original receipt for your new electrical item when returning the old electrical item in-store
    Business customers are excluded from this offer
    If you are having a large electrical appliance delivered we will usually give you at least 24 hours notice of delivery of the new appliance, and at the same time offer to take away the old disconnected appliance, on the same day. If we do not give this notice, then we will arrange a collection within 15 days. If we give notice and your appliance is not ready, or you decline the collection, you have up to 30 days to return it yourself to the Store for disposal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Even if you can't drop it into argos, your nearest council recycling depot will take it for free

Advertisement