Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mipo

I got the following response from GPNOW . Obviously hoping we go away. I have replied to request an immediate refund of the unused membership and have started a small courts claim. Has anyone else had more feedback?

Cannot wait to get this sorted and give my full review of this organisation.

DearXXXX

First of all please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your initial query.

We understand your concerns and can sympathise with your reluctance to accept our recently introduced additional
    charges. However we feel that there is no alternative to the current situation.

GPNOW recently undertook a thorough review of its entire operation with the aim of exploring every possible alternative
    to avoid this measure. The reality is that to continue providing unlimited GP care to our members the introduction of a
    limited fee structure is unavoidable.

Members like you that have purchased a limited number of long term policies will continue to enjoy exceptional value and
    free unlimited access to the doctor. The additional charges which we feel by market standards are modest will ensure the
    continued sustainability of the product that you enjoy. GpNow has no alternative but to insist on the implementation of
    this new pricing structure. Or staff have been instructed to rigorously implement this new policy.

We hope that you can understand the reasons for the introduction of this policy. We look forward to providing a
    continued service to you which is still exceptional value compared to anything else currently in the market.

Kind regards

GpNow Senior Management Team

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Vercity

mipo wrote: »
    I got the following response from GPNOW . Obviously hoping we go away. I have replied to request an immediate refund of the unused membership and have started a small courts claim. Has anyone else had more feedback?

Cannot wait to get this sorted and give my full review of this organisation.

DearXXXX

First of all please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your initial query.

We understand your concerns and can sympathise with your reluctance to accept our recently introduced additional
    charges. However we feel that there is no alternative to the current situation.

GPNOW recently undertook a thorough review of its entire operation with the aim of exploring every possible alternative
    to avoid this measure. The reality is that to continue providing unlimited GP care to our members the introduction of a
    limited fee structure is unavoidable.

Members like you that have purchased a limited number of long term policies will continue to enjoy exceptional value and
    free unlimited access to the doctor. The additional charges which we feel by market standards are modest will ensure the
    continued sustainability of the product that you enjoy. GpNow has no alternative but to insist on the implementation of
    this new pricing structure. Or staff have been instructed to rigorously implement this new policy.

We hope that you can understand the reasons for the introduction of this policy. We look forward to providing a
    continued service to you which is still exceptional value compared to anything else currently in the market.

Kind regards

GpNow Senior Management Team
    We also got the same response yesterday. It must be a standard letter they have sent you. I will contact consumer rights .tomorrow to see have come up any more information. I think the small claims court is our only option Now. Could ask you what company are you taking the claim against. When I was talking to consumer rights they told me that we're six company's registered. Last week and they offered 135as refund. This is an insult to our intelligence as we spent 1000💶 for a ten year contract. They used us to provide the seed capital for their business and now they change the terms of our contract

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

By any small miracle would anyone have a copy of the terms and conditions when they signed up? Did they supply anyone with them? I signed up nearly two years ago and don't think that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Brenlfc

I've got the carbon copy of my application form. Much like a car rental agreement the reverse side has all the T&C's in small print. I could scan and forward if anyone would like me to.

Can I attach pics on here?

Brenlfc wrote: »
    I've got the carbon copy of my application form. Much like a car rental agreement the reverse side has all the T&C's in small print. I could scan and forward if anyone would like me to.

Can I attach pics on here?

U legend. Pming u now. Thanks

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me if I can add a picture onto this thread? If not is it possible to send an attachment via a PM?
    Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if I can (am I allowed) to add a picture onto this thread? If not is it possible to send an attachment via a PM?
    Thanks.

Hopefully someone comes along that knows exactly but if you look here it might tell u. I never was able to figure it out http://touch.boards.ie/search?q=Embed+a+picture

Brenlfc asked me to put this because he hasn't 50 posts. Its from march 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Benfinn

I've had awful problems with the doctors diagnosis for some of my kids illnesses. I'm 3 years into a 10 year contract. I stopped bringing my kids 2 years ago and preferred to pay with local doctor so I knew they were getting the right care.

Long story short, I tried for over a year to cancel and I was never given a contact number for senior management, never received a phone call, I was running up against a brick wall every time.

I too received the letter in the post last month referring to new charges.

I had kind of given up on GP Now and was going to use them purely for sick notes and the likes for myself and partner.

This letter has got my blood boiling again. Has anyone had any luck contacting these <SNIP>?

Is the small claims court the way to go ?? Is it even worth it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Hi I have been trying the small claims court and it looked positive for a while dealing with dunlaoghaire court but in ins the case had to be trans to Meath court as that is where main office is located. Meath court have said that as it is a breach of contract they cannot help and it would need to be a claim in the district court. Looking into that now. GPNOW have ignored everything so far. I have also made a consumes complaint. Does anyone know who the directors are. I would avoid any business connected to them. Their lack of response to their customers and patients is atrocious and should warn anyone off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

mipo wrote: »
    Hi I have been trying the small claims court and it looked positive for a while dealing with dunlaoghaire court but in ins the case had to be trans to Meath court as that is where main office is located. Meath court have said that as it is a breach of contract they cannot help and it would need to be a claim in the district court. Looking into that now. GPNOW have ignored everything so far. I have also made a consumes complaint. Does anyone know who the directors are. I would avoid any business connected to them. Their lack of response to their customers and patients is atrocious and should warn anyone off them

<SNIP>
    Mod: While directorships can be obtained from a number of publicly accessible sources (free and paid-for) I would prefer that identities of directors not be posted here especially if legal proceedings are likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yolla

I just found this post here, Could you please tell me how many people started the claim in SCC ? I'm trying to do it now as my account was suspended cos I refused to pay for prescription...
    Another thing is their opening hours are changing again from the 1.02.16 to 9-5 mon-fri.
    Looks like this company will go soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Yolla wrote: »
    I just found this post here, Could you please tell me how many people started the claim in SCC ? I'm trying to do it now as my account was suspended cos I refused to pay for prescription...
    Another thing is their opening hours are changing again from the 1.02.16 to 9-5 mon-fri.
    Looks like this company will go soon....

Did your contract with them say that you are not required to pay for prescriptions?

I had the very same contract and T&C as everyone else, stating 'no hidden charges' and all included, as well as prescriptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Yolla wrote: »
    I had the very same contract and T&C as everyone else, stating 'no hidden charges' and all included, as well as prescriptions.

Do you mind me asking why they said they were charging you if it covered by their plan?

Well. apparently I'm not the only one and this thread is about that. Everyone who paid upfront 3,5 or 10 year membership got a while ago a letter stating that there is an additional charge for services like sick note, prescription, blood tests, vaccination...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Wow, googled GPnow for a seperate issue and this thread turned up. I hadn't been concerned, am now!

What I was trying to find out was the following, I'm hoping some of you may have had experience. We have health insurance with Laya, who've said today it's probably not possible for us to claim our GP Now payment, have any of you been able to?

The only thing I can see are some people with VHI who have been able to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

No experience with Laya but VHI did accept it as valid, as did Revenue in terms of the Med1.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

Same here, VHI accept annual charge it and pay half, no problem with med1 either , as a family we have had a really good experience with GPNow in Swords, I couldn't recommend them highly enough

As Yolla mentioned this affect people who paid upfront for membership and are not now being given they membership benefits they paid for upfront and have been sent letters adding significant charges to consultations involving prescriptions , sick certs or blood tests. If you are on annual or monthly membership plans you are probably not affected(at the moment) by the way this company has begun operating.

They do not answer correspondence do not address their patients complaints and ignore all contact. This is after taking full membership upfront so members have no choice . My family and I have lost €800 of a €999 membership with this company and they refuse to even correspond on it. The legal route is the only option. It would be a mistake for anyone to trust what this company claims.

Even getting a copy of medical records is impossible with them-try it.

Has anyone had any success in getting a refund or is everyone going to the SCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Does anyone know if the clinic in Sandyford is still in operation? Was trying to call all day today but no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Hmm, my wife is trying to call today and getting no response. Website says they've rebranded as netDRnow, but are still operational. Were you able to get through, Shadow?

www.gpnow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

the corpo wrote: »
    Hmm, my wife is trying to call today and getting no response. Website says they've rebranded as netDRnow, but are still operational. Were you able to get through, Shadow?

www.gpnow.ie

Has anybody been contacted regarding these changes? Are they legally obliged to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

the corpo wrote:

I eventually had to call the membership line to ask what was going on, the woman on the phone told me I wasn't the first call she'd had that day and she was able to make an appointment for me. Then the clinic themselves called me on the day of the appointment and cancelled it as there was no doctor available. It's just ridiculous at this stage, receptionist couldn't give me any straight answers. I couldn't get an appointment at all and she actually offered to double book me with another person's appointment. The "service" is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

I cancelled my membership a month ago. Getting an appointment was getting harder and the opening hours were getting worse but the straw that broke the camels back was three days of not being able to get through to them, unreturned phone calls and, when I eventually went there in person, no explanation, no apology and no appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Interesting reading in this thread.

I did some searching around and if it were me I would be scrambling to cancel direct debit and any forms of payment to this company ASAP.

I don't want to fall foul of the Mods by saying any more but do some research yourselves and the picture will become clearer in a short space of time.

Maybe it is already clear for some people but for me alarm bells would be ringing.

Maybe I am wrong, but please heed my warning, do some homework.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Great to know that the doc hasn't been in trouble with the Medical Council since 2014 - that's nearly two whole years, what a great record!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/cork-based-doctor-admits-poor-professional-performance-1.2771900

Advertisement