Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Dublin Airport to N4 at 8am

Options
  • 23-07-2008 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

Bit under the kosh here. Relations flying in tomorrow morning, due in to Dublin at 8am. I've volunteered to drive them to Galway, so... I'm wondering...
    Is there an alternative to the m50?
    It looks like it will be at least after 8am before we head off, am I better off taking the port tunnel into town, and heading back the quays against the flow?
    I'll take any advice...
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Port Tunnel is €12 in the morning inbound and the city centre will be hugely busy anyway.

Heading cross ocuntry is daft.

So M50 it is. You might consider leaving it until after 9am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Bit under the kosh here. Relations flying in tomorrow morning, due in to Dublin at 8am. I've volunteered to drive them to Galway, so... I'm wondering...
    Is there an alternative to the m50?
    It looks like it will be at least after 8am before we head off, am I better off taking the port tunnel into town, and heading back the quays against the flow?
    I'll take any advice...
    M

There is an option of going around the back of the airport, towards Blanchardstown, west on the N3, Dunshaughlin, Maynooth and then back onto the N4. Not he most direct, but generally speaking, you will be going against the traffic.

TBH, the M50 is busy, but the above route is a bit convoluted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Just grab a bite to eat and head off at 10am from the airport straight into town down the bus lanes (Swords Road, Dorset Street, Smithfield, across the Liffey, out the Quays) and save yourself the hassle.

I estimate airport to beginning of N4/M50 in around 15/20 mins at 10am.

Advertisement