Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1995 Niesmann-Bischoff flair

Options
  • 11-09-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi i am new to this forum and require help with a matter that seems too good to be true. I have been in the market for a 4/6 berth camper MH for a few months and have done lots of homework. It helps i own my own garage and am a qualified mechanic. I found a 1995 Niesmann-Bischoff in germany that looks spotless and is all i need. The problem i have is the owner who seems English has the vehicle listed for €6500. Now after doing some checking on these iv noticed that they make alot more than that, approx €10k more to be exact. Now iv been in constant contact with the owner and he seem like a decent bloke and upfront but iv failed to ask him why is it so cheap in case he dont realise they make this much. He has told me the vehicle has had no damage and drives perfect. I know the process of paperwork for transfering it to irish plated and insurance but im afraid to go all the way there and be faced with a lemon. He sent me lots more additional pix which i requested and has invited me over to inspect it. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Richygills

Has anybody got an idea if i should travel to meet this guy? He emailed me his phone number and once again he seems very genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭meercat

any link to the add

not an expert but way too cheap imho .if it seems too good to be true,then ...................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

The only way I'd go that distance to look at a private vehicle is if you were making a holiday out of it and if it wasn't going to be a big deal if the whole thing was rotten.

I assume that adac offer an used car inspection service similar to the AA.

I'd say a if you broke any of the glass in the front it could be a nightmare and extremely costly to replace.

its only costing me €130 for return flights to fly over for a look. so im thinking it could be worth a peek. even if it is a hoax i can still get a weekend away in germany. As for windscreen i own a garage so should be abale to use my contacts in the trade or many suppliers to source one for me. Thanks for the replys. The ad has expired now and has been removed.

Richygills wrote: »
    its only costing me €130 for return flights to fly over for a look. so im thinking it could be worth a peek. even if it is a hoax i can still get a weekend away in germany. As for windscreen i own a garage so should be abale to use my contacts in the trade or many suppliers to source one for me. Thanks for the replys. The ad has expired now and has been removed.

If you own a garage you needn't worry about plating up the chassis or fixing the mechanicals, you'd get a decent donor ducato with rotten sills for 300 euro. Damp would be the main issue. I suppose the alko axle could need expensive repair if its not been greased but with your contacts you'd probably get it sorted cheap.

• Advertisement

Ok folks i now believe it to be a scam. after been in contact with the supposed owner i got this email a few mins ago.

Hello Richard,
    I have to let you know that in order to reserve the bus only for you till next week you have to agree with my condition. My condition is that I have to see the money on your name in Frankfurt. This is possible only through Western Union service. What you have to do? You have to ask your wife to go to a Western Union office and transfer the money to you in Frankfurt. She will be the sender. You will be the receiver. She have to go to a Western Union office, complete the form and send 5400 Euro ( with the balance 200 Euro she can pay the Western Union tax ). When we will meet in Frankfurt and you decide to buy the bus, you will withdraw the money and pay me. Please let me know if you agree with my condition because I have other customers and if you don't agree I will sell it to somebody else. I want to see that you have the money and that you will come 100% since I will reserve the bus for you till next week.
    Thank you,
    Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭meercat

ah well
    keep hunting,and let us know how you get on
    good luck

Ok folks i now believe it to be a scam. after been in contact with the supposed owner i got this email a few mins ago.

Hello Richard,
    I have to let you know that in order to reserve the bus only for you till next week you have to agree with my condition. My condition is that I have to see the money on your name in Frankfurt. This is possible only through Western Union service. What you have to do? You have to ask your wife to go to a Western Union office and transfer the money to you in Frankfurt. She will be the sender. You will be the receiver. She have to go to a Western Union office, complete the form and send 5400 Euro ( with the balance 200 Euro she can pay the Western Union tax ). When we will meet in Frankfurt and you decide to buy the bus, you will withdraw the money and pay me. Please let me know if you agree with my condition because I have other customers and if you don't agree I will sell it to somebody else. I want to see that you have the money and that you will come 100% since I will reserve the bus for you till next week.
    Thank you,
    Ben

Lol, submit it to 419eater.com

So anyway after sniffing out a scam i am still in the market for a camper. i have around 10k/12k to spend and dont mind travelling. i would rather stay and spend at home but if needs be i will go over sea's. does anyone on here know of a decent vehicle knocking about that i can get and would last me a few years. I will be doing trips to france wiv the missus and 7yo and new born so need from 4 berth to 6 berth as i like a bit of space. Oh and thanks so much for your comments. If ye are ever in kerry and need any mechanical help look out for my garage R&A Autos Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

`beware Dodgy Al-kos , had to check availabilty for someone last week who had one with broken torsion bars , on a mid nineties coachbuilt , and they would only supply a complete axle , which would take about 6 weeks , at a cost of several thousand euro...

• Advertisement

Ok i finally got my camper. It was on donedeal and it may not be everyones cup of tea but from the moment i saw it i wanted it. Its a 1995 ford E350 winnebago. 7.5lt petrol lpg conversion 6 berth which after doing a long drive home im gettin aprox 27mpg. So does anyone on here know anything bout these motorhomes and what i need to keep an eye on and so forth. It drives great and is very smooth. Its got 40000 kilos. Ill need to vrt it but not for a while as i plan to park it in my garage for the winter and do some work on it ( mosty interior). Under the van is spotless but im gonna be treating it anyway. Ill put up some pix tomorrow when its bright outside. I know most of ye are big into the camping scene and are very knowledgeable on campers so any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to get it out and just grab a week or two away with the family.

Ok i finally got my camper. It was on donedeal and it may not be everyones cup of tea but from the moment i saw it i wanted it. Its a 1995 ford E350 winnebago. 7.5lt petrol lpg conversion 6 berth which after doing a long drive home im gettin aprox 27mpg. So does anyone on here know anything bout these motorhomes and what i need to keep an eye on and so forth. It drives great and is very smooth. Its got 40000 kilos. Ill need to vrt it but not for a while as i plan to park it in my garage for the winter and do some work on it ( mosty interior). Under the van is spotless but im gonna be treating it anyway. Ill put up some pix tomorrow when its bright outside. I know most of ye are big into the camping scene and are very knowledgeable on campers so any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to get it out and just grab a week or two away with the family.

vrt it before cleaning and tidying it up the better it looks the mor you'll pay

good idea. better take out the 2 flat screens i put in too

Advertisement