Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Czech Republic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Great goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Woohooooooooooooooooooo!

Lovely skill from Cox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lovely finish,well done Cox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

We love Cox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Cox is a feckin' goal machine. Keith Andrews was brilliant there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yusss!!! Great goal, well done Simon Cox!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Great finish Cox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Get in, Cox!

He's not done his chances any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Not his biggest fan but fair ****s to Keith Andrews. All about him. Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

That goal was all McClean :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i must disregard cox's abilities more often :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Keeper shouldn't be beaten on that angle, but fair play Cox. Nice goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lovely goal from Cox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kmart6 wrote: »
    Great goal!

My stream is behind so I thought you were kidding! :)

What a goal!

And Cech has to be the worst PL keeper at his near post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Not his biggest fan but fair ****s to Keith Andrews. All about him. Great finish
    Fact. Whoop whoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Shows what can happen when central midfielders are allowed to press or even get forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Super finish from Cox! Great pressure from Andrews to set it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What a ball. Pity Cox wasn't in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Fair play to Andrews, made that one. Nice finish by Cox, will do him no harm in getting a place on the plane to Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Goal for Ireland and my wife just came in with freshly baked cookies. Could it be any better?

Wait..... Eng 0 - 2- Ned :cool:

Get in, Cox!

He's not done his chances any harm.
    Cox was always going to the Euro's. Rightfully so, considering he was one player who was desperate to play in the Summer friendlies when the likes of Stokes weren't interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The longterm damage that is going to be done to Irish international football by Trappatoni is going to be huge. I reckon there is a decent chance it will outweigh the short-term relative success we're currently having.

Leaving Coleman and McCarthy, and pretty much McClean on the bench in a friendly is ****ing disgraceful.

Great ball in, pity Walters didn't throw his head at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Having a good lol at this thread. As deluded as you may be about knowing more than one of footballs most successful managers and greatest tacticians of all time, someone who's only lost two competitive games with an average enough team over two campaigns, I can assure you that you don't and are coming across very silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Seems to be alot of love for cox in here, am i on the right forum?

• Advertisement

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Having a good lol at this thread. As deluded as you may be about knowing more than one of footballs most successful managers and greatest tactician of all time, someone who's only lost two competitive games with an average enough team over two campaigns, I can assure you that you don't and coming across very silly.

The game isn't really about winning. It's about blooding new players and getting the young guys clicking. Yet, Coleman and McCarthy are still on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Having a good lol at this thread. As deluded as you may be about knowing more than one of footballs most successful managers and greatest tactician of all time, someone who's only lost two competitive games with an average enough team over two campaigns, I can assure you that you don't and are coming across very silly.
    At least we have you here to know more than all of us.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

CSF wrote: »
    The longterm damage that is going to be done to Irish international football by Trappatoni is going to be huge. I reckon there is a decent chance it will outweigh the short-term relative success we're currently having.

Leaving Coleman and McCarthy, and pretty much McClean on the bench in a friendly is ****ing disgraceful.

Totally disagree. Football is about results. Traps got the results. That's what matter most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fair play Simon Cox, and Keith Andrews, when allowed to push like that, looks more like the player he should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Having a good lol at this thread. As deluded as you may be about knowing more than one of footballs most successful managers and greatest tactician of all time, someone who's only lost two competitive games with an average enough team over two campaigns, I can assure you that you don't and coming across very silly.

Sure who knows we could be class with all the young lads playing, maybe world beaters , also maybe pure ****e but i guess we'll never know cause trap will never ever stick them all on together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

recyclebin wrote: »
    Totally disagree. Football is about results. Traps got the results. That's what matter most.

Yeah, who needs to test out potential squad members for a major tournament, there's a meaningless friendly to be won!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's a friendly.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The game isn't really about winning. It's about blooding new players and getting the young guys clicking. Yet, Coleman and McCarthy are still on the bench.
    No it's not, this game was about preparation for the Euro's. The time for trying new things was over the Summer during the Nations Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Haha Hamilton on the stream 'Hold on Dublin, and I'll do those Promo's for you....Football on RTE, Airtricity is back....hold on I'll do it again when the PA stops!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Grand so, every club should just spend every cent they can possibly raise over the next 10 years on their squad on top players in their peak. The manager would then get results. That is what matters most after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mars Bar wrote: »

They should be happy to be allowed train with the senior squad!! :rolleyes:

Trap should be quizzed about why McCarthy and Coleman didnt get gametime because that will come back to haunt him if we get a few injuries later on in the season.

ASOT wrote: »
    Seems to be alot of love for cox in here, am i on the right forum?
    :confused: Why wouldn't there be love for Cox? He has generally been excellent for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

:confused: Why wouldn't there be love for Cox? He has generally been excellent for us.

It was a badly put joke :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Totally disagree with this. This is a friendly. The result has no bearing at all. Team and player performance is the only thing to take away from a friendly. If Trap won't give players like McCarthy and Coleman(the next generation of Irish players) game time now, why the hell would we expect him to call on them when a "result" is at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Having a good lol at this thread. As deluded as you may be about knowing more than one of footballs most successful managers and greatest tacticians of all time, someone who's only lost two competitive games with an average enough team over two campaigns, I can assure you that you don't and are coming across very silly.

i, for one, am not claiming to know more than him.

but just because he has got all the results he has, does not mean some of his decision making should not be called into question. he is not beyond reproach. he can still do better.

and this is a friendly. while it's important to get a result, and keep momentum going, it should be used to experiment somewhat, and blood less experienced players into the system. not just do 99% of what he always does, with players from whom he knows what he's going to get.

that's my opinion anyway.

• Advertisement

No it's not, this game was about preparation for the Euro's. The time for trying new things was over the Summer during the Nations Cup.

And he didn't stray far from the 12 or 13 players he has been using in every game in that competition.
    But who knows who'll be injured or not by the time the Euro's come around. He should be trying to use as many players as he can in these games. Instead, we have the same players over and over.

No one can argue with the results Trap has gotten for us. However, if his plan gets derailed, he has an untried plan b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

One thing that pisses me off is the treatment McCarthy is getting.

He devotes his national career to us, turns back Scotland numerous times, and gets no game time. Absolutely disgraceful how he's getting treated

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Bull****!! Ireland have good players, he chooses to play average ones. You think Paul Green is better than James McCarthy? Stephen Hunt better than Seamus Coleman?

Tonight was the perfect time to start Coleman and McCarthy and see can they play well in internationals. We know what Whealan and Andrews bring to the table. Result tonight was never important

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Spain cutting Venezuela to shreds. 4-0 now. Beautiful football to watch.

Soldado with 2 after coming on as a half-time sub. If we were hoping that an injured Villa an off form Torres might help our chances I think we'll have to think again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Disappointed not to see McClean score that hat-trick tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nobody told Trap because he was experimenting tactically with Robbie Keane & Shane Long tonight.

Not utilising your squad in friendlies is not preparing properly for the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Ireland didn't play for a good 50 minutes, imagine that against Spain in the euro's. I wonder what the worst defeat for a team in the finals actually was, Ireland will leak goals like a sieve and claim that coveted prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone can blood new players. He's been the one that's seen the players up close and knows the score better than anybody. Not everyone can get a country with our limitations mixing it with the best teams in the world and Trap has done so.

I don't have a problem with people bemoaning his decisions as I disagree with some of them tonight myself, but those calling him a disgrace and saying he should be sacked ought to get a hold of themselves. Talk about ungrateful.

Some of you lot don't know how lucky we have it at the moment.

Anyone can blood new players. He's been the one that's seen the players up close and knows the score better than anybody. Not everyone can get a country with our limitations mixing it with the best teams in the world and Trap has done so.

I don't have a problem with people bemoaning his decisions as I disagree with some of them tonight myself, but those calling him a disgrace and saying he should be sacked ought to get a hold of themselves. Talk about ungrateful.

Some of you lot don't know how lucky we have it at the moment.

I don't think one person in this thread has said he should be sacked.

Almost everyone has been asking for a look at different players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I understand the logic of keeping an established XI together and starting the likes of Whealan. It's given us a consistency, organisation and team spirit that we may not have qualified for the Euros without.

And despite this being a friendly I think that consistency should be continued.

But, like others, you have to tear your hair out at the subs when we're one down. Green?? FFS! What does he offer? I understand the thinking behind the starting XI and I wouldn't change it, but subs should be used to take some risks and try something different

Advertisement