Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Really not interested in who wins, meh if utd win it again kind of use to it. Really want us to wrap up 3rd and push on next year. Wud luv to finish season strong with home wins along the way against City and Chelsea, be nice to finish single digit points behind City after the billions they've spent, then hope to god we see reasonable purchases this summer and see the dead wood move that I thinks sucks energy and confidence from the team when there is more than one in the dressing room.

I'll be so much more happier if the Yids finish 5th than any buzz I'd get seeing either utd or city lose it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'll be so much more happier if the Yids finish 5th than any buzz I'd get seeing either utd or city lose it!

Nah, let them get 4th. Then have Chelsea win the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why would you want Chelsea to be the first london team to win the European Cup just to keep North London B out of said Champions League ....Mind boggles to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hi all. Does anyone think Wenger will rest RVP for the QPR match this weekend after his comments last week? This is purely for fantasy footballing reasons. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hi all. Does anyone think Wenger will rest RVP for the QPR match this weekend after his comments last week? This is purely for fantasy footballing reasons. Ta!

Nope he will play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Barring injury or suspension i think RVP will start every game.

And he will win !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

He'll start score 2 and assist so keep him in and make him captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

At worst he won't play the 90, but he'll definitely start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

After QPR the next game isnt until the 8th of April. There's no point resting him IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be giving him the armband again this week. I'll be calling back next week to give you all a bollocking if this doesn't work out!

Good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully you guys get third and Newcastle get fourth ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

He's been my FF captain since about week 6. The weeks I've stuck by him when others took him out (Liverpool away, Tottenham, Chelsea away) are the weeks he ran amok, and he's the highest point scoring player in the league by a mile anyway, there's no other choice for captain this year in my book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

amacachi wrote: »
    Nah, let them get 4th. Then have Chelsea win the CL.
    Why would you want Chelsea to be the first london team to win the European Cup just to keep North London B out of said Champions League ....Mind boggles to be honest

While I certainly would hate to see Chelsea win the CL, it would be frigggin' HILARIOUS to see Spurs lose out on CL football over a weird technicality. After the funky pasta incident that allegedly cost them 4th place a few years ago they'll think they're cursed!

Galvasean wrote: »
    While I certainly would hate to see Chelsea win the CL, it would be frigggin' HILARIOUS to see Spurs lose out on CL football over a weird technicality. After the funky pasta incident that allegedly cost them 4th place a few years ago they'll think they're cursed!

Tempting fate though, that could be us.

Joey Barton is certainly talking Saturday's game up. Be lucky if all our players survive un-injured with this sort of talk...

This is more than a game of football now. The next eight games govern our futures", said Barton. "There are livelihoods on the line here. I'm not sure that's the case at Arsenal to be honest."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

greendom wrote: »
    "There are livelihoods on the line here. I'm not sure that's the case at Arsenal to be honest."

It's not like they are going to war!!! Joey has had some pretty poor performances recently and he is just tryin to talk himself into playin well imo.

Barton is an overrated piece of uselessness. He's lucky to even be a premier league player and not a prisoner after some of the stuff he has done.

Barton just oozes class............

from the 1920's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

They have nothing to rest him for, apart from the next 8 matches which are all cup finals.

Play him in them all.

greendom wrote: »
    Joey Barton is certainly talking Saturday's game up. Be lucky if all our players survive un-injured with this sort of talk...

This is more than a game of football now. The next eight games govern our futures", said Barton. "There are livelihoods on the line here. I'm not sure that's the case at Arsenal to be honest."

One of the worst tackles I've ever seen and Diaby got sent off. Not sure if Barton even got booked.

• Advertisement

That was one of the only great things i've seen Diaby do in an Arsenal shirt.
    I remember screaming at the tv, "have that Barton you chav ****"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Will be a tough match on saturday away to QPR, hopefully we put one over them and help to put them back down in the championship where they belong. I usually dont have such a dislike for QPR but with Joey Barton in their squad and Mark Hughes as one of my most dislikeable managers and characters in the game, id take great satisfaction in seeing them go back down.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    That was one of the only great things i've seen Diaby do in an Arsenal shirt.
    I remember screaming at the tv, "have that Barton you chav ****"
    :D

I'm probably not allowed to say what I think he should've done. I suppose my dad's insistence that if you're going to get a card make sure it's for doing something sums it up.

Wouldn't one of our lads doing that kind of tackle to barton in the 1st minute thus quitening the little scouse muppet ! You can bet Barton is gonna have a go at Song during the game over the stamp at newcastle start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wouldn't be too worried. Just sounds like Barton is going to get himself sent off in the 5th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

I am a bit worried that due to the frosty nature of the match we might suffer some injury. Yes I am looking at you Robin!

I wouldn't be too worried. Just sounds like Barton is going to get himself sent off in the 5th minute.

yes QPR have been good at that recently, let's hope they keep it up...

Let him put the ball into his own net first ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Personally I think Barton gets away with murder because referees don't want to be seen to be picking on him.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Personally I think Barton gets away with murder because referees don't want to be seen to be picking on him.

Although it would be quite cool as a ref to say to him - go on tweet about THIS! As you show him a red card :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement