Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liquid Smoke

• 25-06-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Anyone know where I'd get liquid smoke in Dublin?
    City / South

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not in Dublin but a good Supervalu near me has Ainsley Harriots spray on BBQ seasoning, which is pretty much liquid smoke.
    You could try one near you.
    Its in a black trigger bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I tried it and I didn't think it was like liquid smoke at all. Very watery consistency and not a great flavour. I always think shop bought sauces taste too sweet. I want savoury dammit!

Any one else know? Come on one of us must!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sorry, don't know of any Dublin based sellers, but

Ebay International Sellers

Or if the USA if too far, MSK-Ingredients are in Bristol and will ship to Ireland.

Also if you search Google.ie for some of the brands listed on the ebay page, you might get lucky.

You could also try www.Infusions4chefs.co.uk - they sell liquid smoke, reasonably cheap. Not sure on shipping costs to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I just got some "sel fume" in fallon and byrne. Its smoked salt. Smells wicked smokey but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that's some useto you?

What are you going to use it in do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

Saw a thread about this before, it's not available in Ireland, shame really, I wanted to make BBQ sauce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Would like to buy a bottle to complete a BBQ sauce recipe. It imparts a Hickory flavour.
    Can get it in UK but postage is dear enough.
    Asian Market but I don't think so.

.....and yes, had my first BBQ last weekend. Half leg of lamb in a Weber kettle. Doing 2 Beer Can Chickens tomorrow. Yipee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I got liquid smoke in Mortons of Beechwood a few months ago. How do you prefer to use it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

faigs wrote: »
    I got liquid smoke in Mortons of Beechwood a few months ago. How do you prefer to use it?

Must head to Mortons!!:)

I usually bring back a couple of bottles from the US every year. Nearly out of the stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

If you can't fine liquid smoke, try using smoked paprika. you can find it in polish shops sometimes. try fallon and byrne. it's works great in BBQ sauces and on everything else from scrambled eggs to pork loin to chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was going to suggest Mortons in Beechwood as well, they definitely have this by the BBQ sauces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,067 ✭✭✭✭neris

Anyone know if its possible to buy liquid smoke in Ireland? Want to make my own bbq sauce and all the recipes mention liquid smoke but I cant find it in Dunnes or Tesco

Another thread merge...

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tcmouse

Kimia wrote: »
    Hi all

Anyone know where I'd get liquid smoke in Dublin?
    City / South

Thanks!
    Just looking myself and found
    http://www.americanfood.ie/
    Check their stockists

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wideraudience

I bought Stubb's Liquid Smoke in Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer street two days ago. Enjoy.

Many thanks, would you know if they would have Smoked Soy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wideraudience

Sorry not a clue but F&B stock loads of speciality sauces so its as good a place as any to start.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone know anywhere on the north side of dublin city that sell liquid smoke? i've made some pulled pork and am also trying to find a bbq sauce that isn't too sickly sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

liquid smoke is illegal in the E.U. I thought.

Yet another thread merge.

The forum search function is your friend. ;)

tHB

Ronano, I got it in Fallons & Byrnes in Exchequer St. recently. However it was not there during the Summer. I also got it in Gleeson'
    s in Booterstown Ave,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

Try: www.americanfood.ie , there are some irish retailers: www.americanfood.ie/Articles.asp?ID=251,
    I bought Stubb's Liquid Smoke in Blacklion Store, Greystones, Co. Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yet another thread merge.

The forum search function is your friend. ;)

tHB

Resisting the urge to create a new topic on liquid smoke just to irritate the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Fresh on Camden Street has it in their American products section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone seen Hickory Liquid Smoke in Fallon & Byrne recently? I searched on Mortons of Beechwood website and they no longer seem to stock it or at least its not coming up. Hopefully F&B still have it or failing that has anyone seen it in Fresh lately? If so which location?

Also what kind of concentrations do you use it in, is it really strong stuff? Like if you had 200ml of BBQ sauce how much liquid smoke would you add to get a decent hickory flavour without it being too over powering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I think they may have it in Fresh at Grand Canal Square. I'll have a look when I'm in there this evening and report back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Fallon & Byrne have 3 or 4 types at the mo, on a shelf facing the butcher counter. (3 or 4 types as in hickory, maple & some other wood, not 3 or 4 types of hickory in case that's what it looked like I was saying with my morning brain)

They have Stubb's hickory liquid smoke in Fresh at Grand Canal Square, and there's a mesquite liquid smoke in stock too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice one, must head into town and get some tomorrow. Any ideas what the mesquite is like, I've never heard of it, is it some sort of woody flavour?

Yeah, mesquite is another wood used in smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

Is everyone else fed up to the available selection at the moment? I was gonna <snip> a <snip> to <snip> liquid smoke from all <snip> via <snip>. Would anyone be <snip> in getting <snip> <snip>?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

tnethacker wrote: »
    Is everyone else fed up to the available selection at the moment? I was gonna <snip> a <snip> to <snip> liquid smoke from all <snip> via <snip>. Would anyone be <snip> in getting <snip> <snip>?

Well considering 3 years ago it wasnt even available in Ireland, and now you can get 3 different flavours, I don't think anyone is "fed up" with the choice.

Off-topic posts deleted.

@tnethacker
    Do not post in this thread again.
    Do not make amateurish 'market research' posts in this forum again.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

If anyone is still looking for this, it's available in the Avoca shop in Rathcoole, stumbled across it yesterday. They must have got a range of sauces and marinades in for the summer. I thought I'd chance looking here to see if it was available any cheaper. (Avoca being Avoca, I was hoping it would be half the price elsewhere) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Aimman wrote: »
    If anyone is still looking for this, it's available in the Avoca shop in Rathcoole, stumbled across it yesterday. They must have got a range of sauces and marinades in for the summer. I thought I'd chance looking here to see if it was available any cheaper. (Avoca being Avoca, I was hoping it would be half the price elsewhere) :rolleyes:

Have been looking for this without success, so will try Avoca in Kilmacanogue, thank you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Got a bottle in M&S in Dundrum yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

If you ask a decent butcher shop (ones that butcher their own meat and process it) they will probably give you a little bottle.
    My old butcher in Dublin gave me a bottle for free..it was so strong, literally one pipette drop would suffice in whatever I was cooking!

Most 'smoked' meats/fish are not smoked but cooked with liquid smoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

You'll get it on Amazon.co.uk
    I bought the Colgin's brand and have used it in everything I can get away with. Wicked stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Hello. So I'm here to ask the same question. Other than Amazon any idea where to get it in Ireland/Dublin? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Fallon & Byrne have it

Advertisement