Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car - Drums

• 25-01-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

Getting a car tomorrow that will actually be able to take a set of drums in it no problem. Honda CR-V. :D

Mentioned this to my wife and she just said "Will you ever grow up, how old are you?" :(

I'm only 47, I can still play the drums can't I? Although, would there be any call for a 47 year old drummer who's a bit on the podgy side. :rolleyes:

It would be good exercise I told her. ;)

Yay or ney?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Slap her upside the place! ;)

Just kidding. What kind of stuff you into, and where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

Thats harsh, why should you have to grow up?

Hope Im still playing drums when Im 47 and having a bit of a life !!

Good luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

kleefarr wrote:
    Mentioned this to my wife and she just said "Will you ever grow up, how old are you?" :(
    Don't mind her, she's just jealous!
    kleefarr wrote:
    I'm only 47, I can still play the drums can't I? Although, would there be any call for a 47 year old drummer who's a bit on the podgy side. :rolleyes:
    Of course you can still play the drums. There's always room for more dedicated drummers in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

roast wrote: »
    Slap her upside the place! ;)

Just kidding. What kind of stuff you into, and where are you based?

LOL..

I'd need to get back into it, but I don't think it would take long. I'm always drumming my fingers on something.

In to anything really, apart from Jazz, Blues and probably Heavy Metal.
    In Kilkenny.
    Past experience includes Side Drum in a very good pipes and drums band for a few years.
    Also gigs around Belfast for a while playing rock and a mixture of stuff. That was a few years ago though, early twentys.

First thing is getting a kit again, that'll be another heated discussion with my darling wife. :D

I've got a couiple of young sons that I would like to teach, so that'll be another reason in my favour. :D

We'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you're worried about noise you could try an electric kit. I'm not a fan of them myself but then, they would probably work out cheaper than divorce proceedings :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

kleefarr wrote: »
    Getting a car tomorrow that will actually be able to take a set of drums in it no problem. Honda CR-V. :D

It would be good exercise I told her. ;)

Yay or ney?
    dude go for it i have a crv and they take the kit
    just nice,my son is giggin now so i just tell little women to get him drum gear for xmas and birthdays, we or "he" has a sonor some great cyms and a dtxpess and we share a per kit to.....
    Cant wait till he is 17 sure he will need a sports car!!!!!!!
    go for it
    stay safe
    smurf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 halpos4

kleefarr wrote: »
    LOL..

I'd need to get back into it, but I don't think it would take long. I'm always drumming my fingers on something.

In to anything really, apart from Jazz, Blues and probably Heavy Metal.
    In Kilkenny.
    Past experience includes Side Drum in a very good pipes and drums band for a few years.
    Also gigs around Belfast for a while playing rock and a mixture of stuff. That was a few years ago though, early twentys.

First thing is getting a kit again, that'll be another heated discussion with my darling wife. :D

I've got a couiple of young sons that I would like to teach, so that'll be another reason in my favour. :D

We'll see how it goes.

Never too old Mate,I'm 44[married,2 "wonderful" kids] now and back in Nov 07 when i turned 42 i went and bought a Roland V Drum kit from Thomann in Germany...best thing i ever did,i still have my Premier kit with Zildian symbals that i bought back in 1985 for £1000[punts,remember them?]but in the real world i found it impossible to practice,but with the V Drums you can stick on the head phones and off you go,the drum sounds are the biz,a hell of a lot better than those dodgy 80s electronic drum kits!!Maybe you might consider giving them a go?Anyway....GO FOR IT!!

Advertisement