Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitarist wanted!! And Keyboard/piano too, though I don't think KB players exist:)

• 15-01-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭

We are a drummer, singer/guitarist(rhythm), and we've just started with a bassist also. We are all around 28 and based in southwest Dublin. To cut out false modesty, we are very good musicians:) We've all been playing for over 10 years at various levels. Experienced in recording, gigging etc.

So here's the deal:) We have been writing and playing in various bands and solo projects over the years and are jaded by the horrid original 'scene':). Now we want to get our passions going again. We are definately intending on returning to our creative sides in the future, but at the moment we want to enjoy ourselves playing music that we love. The Band, The Stones, The Beatles, Free, Cream, Creedence, Zeppelin etc etc. We have plenty of contacts and intend to make a bit of dough plying our trade in the usual spots.

Ideally, we want a guitarist who wants to have fun, no mercenary types. We want some cash, but its not our motivating factor. If you couldn't be @rsed with the long term goal of original material, fair enough, we still want you. All and all we want to make a tight musical unit, and have fun along the way.

Make no mistake, we are serious about this band, we just don't want to kill our passions with pipedreams:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Homer Sexual

Any samples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

JimiTime wrote: »
    We are a drummer, singer/guitarist(rhythm), and we've just started with a bassist also. We are all around 28 and based in southwest Dublin. To cut out false modesty, we are very good musicians:) We've all been playing for over 10 years at various levels. Experienced in recording, gigging etc.

So here's the deal:) We have been writing and playing in various bands and solo projects over the years and are jaded by the horrid original 'scene':). Now we want to get our passions going again. We are definately intending on returning to our creative sides in the future, but at the moment we want to enjoy ourselves playing music that we love. The Band, The Stones, The Beatles, Free, Cream, Creedence, Zeppelin etc etc. We have plenty of contacts and intend to make a bit of dough plying our trade in the usual spots.

Ideally, we want a guitarist who wants to have fun, no mercenary types. We want some cash, but its not our motivating factor. If you couldn't be @rsed with the long term goal of original material, fair enough, we still want you. All and all we want to make a tight musical unit, and have fun along the way.

Make no mistake, we are serious about this band, we just don't want to kill our passions with pipedreams:)

Sounds cool.
    I'd love to jam with you guys... I'm certainly on for playing either covers gigs or originals...
    I'm a guitarist and I sing too... perfectly happy doing a backing vocals...
    bits and pieces of lead to... but you might have to work out the Led Zepplin stuff yourself.

can you give me an email?

info@keithburke.com

thanks,

Keith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Any samples?

'fraid not.

Sounds cool.
    I'd love to jam with you guys... I'm certainly on for playing either covers gigs or originals...
    I'm a guitarist and I sing too... perfectly happy doing a backing vocals...
    bits and pieces of lead to... but you might have to work out the Led Zepplin stuff yourself.

can you give me an email?

info@keithburke.com

thanks,

Keith

Thanks for the interest, but its lead guitar that we're looking for. Of a standard that wouldn't have too much trouble learning Zeppelin and the like. We'd be wanting people to learn their parts on their own, and then to just bring it together at rehearsal.

bump

• Advertisement

Cheers to all who PM'd. We're jammin this tuesday, for those who want to give it a shot. It'll be our first time with the bass player too, though we know him already. Songs for the jam will be

Cream: Crossroads
    Stones: Jumpin Jack Flash
    Free: All Right Now
    The King;): Burnin Love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Toneranger

Sounds like fun, I'd be interested in jamming with you guys,
    when you meeting up again,
    I'm no Satriani but I can defo do those songs justice, add a bit of backing too,
    I'll play anything really, are you guys interested in jamming Eagles, Journey, Toto etc. too?
    btw have car will travel

Toneranger wrote: »
    Sounds like fun, I'd be interested in jamming with you guys,
    when you meeting up again,
    I'm no Satriani but I can defo do those songs justice, add a bit of backing too,
    I'll play anything really, are you guys interested in jamming Eagles, Journey, Toto etc. too?
    btw have car will travel

PM sent. And for others looking. We're trying to avoid the 80's. Maybe some Toto, but no Journey. Its the rule:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lrabbi

Are you guys still looking for a lead guitarist?
    Im 24, Ive being playing guitar for over 10 years. I like the bands mentioned, and know a good bit of stuff from them, (including The band- the weight, stones-gimmie shelter, jumpin jack flash etc, the beatles - free as a bird, helter skelter etc, cream - sunshine of your love, crossroads, ccr - fortunate son, led zep- whole lotta love, stairway etc.)

I know the lead and solos pretty well, and can improvise also.

I know a lot of Jimi (hey joe, purple haze, all along the watchtower).
    I'm a big fan of johnny be good aswel (the chuck berry version)!:)

I don't have much problem pickin up new songs and learning the lead, solos, etc.

I recorded some stuff at home, including original material. I have my own transport and gear.

Sure let me know what the story is, and if your on for a jam?

Cheers!

lrabbi wrote: »
    Are you guys still looking for a lead guitarist?
    Im 24, Ive being playing guitar for over 10 years. I like the bands mentioned, and know a good bit of stuff from them, (including The band- the weight, stones-gimmie shelter, jumpin jack flash etc, the beatles - free as a bird, helter skelter etc, cream - sunshine of your love, crossroads, ccr - fortunate son, led zep- whole lotta love, stairway etc.)

I know the lead and solos pretty well, and can improvise also.

I know a lot of Jimi (hey joe, purple haze, all along the watchtower).
    I'm a big fan of johnny be good aswel (the chuck berry version)!:)

I don't have much problem pickin up new songs and learning the lead, solos, etc.

I recorded some stuff at home, including original material. I have my own transport and gear.

Sure let me know what the story is, and if your on for a jam?

Cheers!

PM sent.

• Advertisement

Bump. We've a great rhythm section and singer (me:)), we just need that virtuoso guitarist who can complete us.

We have a rehearsal next wednesday 4th feb, around the Dublin 10/22 area. Would like to audition a few then. PM me if your interested. We should be gigging in March.

Current setlist

Burnin Love
    Jumpin jack Flash
    Whole lotta love
    Rock n roll
    Born to be wild
    Highway to hell
    Come Together
    Stay with me
    All right now
    Who do you love
    Roadhouse blues