Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you think HWVS is bad... never, ever order an item in Dabs unless there's a ton of stock left, if there's only a few odds are they're gone and if its about to come back in stock... just watch the ETA magically increase with every passing day :o Sooo many bad memories of trying to get stuff off Dabs, they make other etailers look good! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Solitaire wrote: »
    If you think HWVS is bad... never, ever order an item in Dabs unless there's a ton of stock left, if there's only a few odds are they're gone and if its about to come back in stock... just watch the ETA magically increase with every passing day :o Sooo many bad memories of trying to get stuff off Dabs, they make other etailers look good! :p

TBH ill never order ANYTHING online unless its in stock. Iv never come across a company that has accurate estimated shipping dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Theres 3 in stock, just seen the price on dells site, I'm gonna order off them. Now to find out when they start shipping stuff again *walks off* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Anyone ever get this from Overclockers ??/
    Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for shopping with Overclockers UK, your order has been placed and payment taken. However, to allow us process this and subsequent orders we need to verify your account.
    To do this we need copies of two of the following documents sent to us via post, email or fax to the address listed towards the bottom of this email.

1 - Bank statement showing the card holders address and within last 3 months.
    2 - Credit card statement showing the card holders address and within last 3 months.
    3 – Any utility bill showing the card holders address and within last 3 months .
    4 - Driving licence.

Any sensitive information on these documents can be blanked out as long as we can see your name and address on the official headed paper.

Please include your Order Reference Number and daytime telephone number in all communication, and ensure that the copies are clear and legible.

When the documents have been received and approved you will receive an email confirming your order is being processed. All subsequent orders will be processed automatically without the need for further verification.

If we do not receive a response within 7 days we regret that your order will be cancelled.

Seems like a lot of trouble to have to go to .... Makes me want to order the card from another site. Only problem is i cant find it for the same price elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭game4it70

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Anyone ever get this from Overclockers ??/

Seems like a lot of trouble to have to go to .... Makes me want to order the card from another site. Only problem is i cant find it for the same price elsewhere...

Yeah ages ago i got that.
    At the time i was using them alot but since i dont own a credit card i was using a 3V card.They didnt like the fact that my card had a new number each time i "topped up" and made a new order.I tried explaining to them but the where less than helpfull so i had to shop elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

love the way they take payment first and then ask you to confirm you are who you are...

wonder how long it takes them to do the whole process if you post a copy of your details to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Sup guys.

How can I pay on Hardwareversand without paying the 3% extra for PayPal or CC? Would I have to do a bank draft or something similar? Also, how does one fill out the address field on HWVS. The German address layout isn't the same as here, and I am confuss from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 visco

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Sup guys.

How can I pay on Hardwareversand without paying the 3% extra for PayPal or CC? Would I have to do a bank draft or something similar? Also, how does one fill out the address field on HWVS. The German address layout isn't the same as here, and I am confuss from it :(

I'm somewhat on the same page here, although I typed out the address as best I could. I'm absolutely lost on how to pay with CC(through paypal or whatever) there was no option for that and i could only pick prepayment. And after i ordered I can only pay through bank transfer... help some one?

Can't even remember how to use PayPal on HWVS but others managed it somehow! :o I don't mind the bank transfers though.

As for address... what worked for me is:

Street - Insert street name or village
    No. - Insert House Number on street or Locality Name within village
    ZIP - Insert postal area. For city dwellers it would be your town name or city subregion, for rural addresses it would be your postal/sorting town, usually the nearest small town or larger settlement to you within your own county.
    City - I cheated and put in County here. It works too, as the ZIP/Postal Code field usually suffices in place of the Town/City field for most addresses in Ireland ;)

Can't even remember how to use PayPal on HWVS but others managed it somehow! :o I don't mind the bank transfers though.

But would PayPal get around the 3% charge? Cos I don't wanna have to pay an extra 25 euro for no reason. From what Google has translated of the page, it's only 3% charge by using PP or CC. Would a bank transfer not have the 3% charge? And how would I do the bank transfer?

Thanks again :pac:

• Advertisement

AFAIK there's no charge on regular bank transfers to Eurozone countries, only on express transactions.

And the bank transfer itself can be done in the bank via the self-service machine in most branches, or even via mobile/internet banking if you have it activated and a functioning Code Card for it.

Brilliant!
    And I can only assume I should wait until all my parts are in stock before I order? :pac:

Yep! :rolleyes::p

Although if they're yellow and close to date you could risk it and then open a support ticket and change the order on the rare off-chance something calamitous happens. We're not talking Dabs here! :D:P

Order my whole rig parts from Pixmania.ie on Sunday and it was dispatched next day. Slight problem though, the power supply went out-of-stock the next day and it said on my order list that it won't be in stock until 14-01-11, so I was slightly disappointed over that. Sent them an email requesting to change the PSU to a different one, but no luck(same day on Monday)

Next day(Tuesday) I decided to try my luck and give them a call, and viola, within 15 minutes I changed the PSU to a different one without a hitch.

Certainly recommended them, just left to see how the delivery times live up to the 4-5 days written on the website.

EDIT: The changed PSU was sent out same day. Well excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Generaly how long do PIXMANIA take to get past the validation stage of the order?

"
    VALIDATION

Your order is in the process of being validated by our Customer Service Department."

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Generaly how long do PIXMANIA take to get past the validation stage of the order?

"
    VALIDATION

Your order is in the process of being validated by our Customer Service Department."

I can't tell you the exact time, but, i order everything Sunday night and it was past validation around 3-4 next day, and it was dispatched later on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bah.....Didnt realise ebuyer only added the VAT at the end. Grrr. Ah well I spose, its only £9.

Hi my pixmania stuff was dispatched at midnight tonight and its being sent to me through "Bpost international " from Belgium. Anybody know who will deliver it to me one it reaches Ireland?

Thanks! :)

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hi my pixmania stuff was dispatched at midnight tonight and its being sent to me through "Bpost international " from Belgium. Anybody know who will deliver it to me one it reaches Ireland?

Thanks! :)

An Post.

I'm actually very surprised and pleased with the delivery time, my items were dispatched Monday night and i received some on Thursday and the rest on Friday.

Minus the PSU that I changed, which i'll have to wait for till Monday :(

visco wrote: »
    An Post.

I'm actually very surprised and pleased with the delivery time, my items were dispatched Monday night and i received some on Thursday and the rest on Friday.

Minus the PSU that I changed, which i'll have to wait for till Monday :(

What is the last status you have on your tracking page?
    Mine has not updated since "08-01-2011 04:53:00 BE Parcel is Routed" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I actually received the PSU today :)

I got my monitor today BUT I was out at the time :mad::( Going to have to collect it at the post office tomorrow :rolleyes:
    EDIT: I got my monitor today from the post office and its great! They even included DVI cables :)

Looks like I might have to call ebuyer customer support. I hate calling customer support.

Expect a rant here soon :cool:

F'ckers shipped it to the wrong address then took the return and refunded me but not shipping. Slimy gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Do hardwareversand.de take credit card payment? I remember there being something about bank transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You can pay with credit card through paypal, but get charged 3%.

Right, so just to clarify ordering with Bank Transfer.

I order, I send the money to the account, They take note they've received the order, then they ship.

Do I just send them the money after ordering and they automatically send it out, or do I need to tell them I've sent it?

Sending them the money is the notification.

Wait a sec. HWVS is now showing 7< days delivery time on 2 products I've ordered. I've not paid for them yet, but are they held for me until I pay for them?

• Advertisement

Not 100% sure... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't :o

Advertisement