Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Visa to PR?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Has anyone on here gone onto a student visa to try and get PR? I'm going doing a Grad Dip in Secondary Ed to try and do just that. Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If you meet the criteria could you not apply for a 189 or 190? You can apply for those anytime onshore or offshore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mminor

Yeah that's the plan mandrake. I'm just wondering has anyone on here actually done that? I had initially wanted to do primary teaching but it is not on the skilled list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yes I know loads who have been granted 175, 176,189,190 visas, if you meet the criteria it's not a problem. Not sure about the requirements for teaching tho.....you should run it past a migration agent.

Advertisement