Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish people moving to sydney australia in 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Check out the bars on Oxford Street. The Tool Shed for example. Plenty to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭smithirl

Any of you thinking of doing the Ultimate Oz week in Sydney? http://www.ultimateoz.com/arrival-packs/ultimateoz-sydney/ Thought crossed my mind as I too will be travelling alone. I'm 23 and about to graduate with a business degree. Was thinking of heading over Sep/Oct!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flisimo

Hi Lads,

Myself and my friend are hoping to head out to Sydney soon! Just in the process of looking at visas and booking flights but hope to be out there sooner rather than later. Two girls, 23 & 24, heading out for work and mainly to experience the different way of life! Would love to know a few people on this before we head out and to maybe exchange planning tips and complaints with!! :) Also (may as well just come out and say it) looking to recruit new drinking buddies for the weekends and people for a house share during the week :p Feel free to get in contact!!

Hi ,

Me and my friend are also moving to Sydney at the start of September 2014 and we will be looking for people to share a house with,meet new friends etc..One female (me) 23 and one male 24, also going to be looking for jobs straight away ans hope to settle for a few months and then travel up east coast or do the farm work. Would be great to meet new people or advice to stay first, i.e hostel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sheena Roche

Hey Christina! I'm looking to head to Sydney in January. I've my 1 yr Working Holiday Visa sorted but not booked any flights or accommodation yet. I had posted on here looking for a travel buddy but got no response so it now looks like I will be going it alone. I would really like to have at least 1 Irish contact available to me from the get-go so I wouldn't feel totally alone over there. What date in Jan are you both going? What are your plans when you get over there? Work? Travel?

Hey musicaddict1!!

Just read your replies and could instantly relate to you! I'm in the exact same position! Planning on heading to Sydney but haven't a firm date set yet, keep putting it off! Have a friend and an aunt in Sydney but I'm also travelling alone. I like the idea you have for the fruit picking! Was trying to suss out some regional work for myself also. What are your plans now? Any progress made? ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sheena Roche

Hey everyone!

I'm also planning on heading out to sydney on my lonesome in the next month or so! Will be looking for accommodation and work straight away, and I want to get some regional work done and travel before perhaps working on a more long term basis. Starting out on my 1 year working holiday visa and would love to have some contacts when I'm out there, or even someone to travel with ☺️ I'm nearly 23 and from Wexford, female, friendly and relaxed! Bit daunting, the prospect of going out alone, which could be the reason I keep putting the date back ha! Anyone else in a similar position? Would be great to meet new people!

• Advertisement
Advertisement