Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used clothing stickers

• 24-10-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

Around 4.20am I was awoken by what sounded in the stillness of the night as someone trying to get in the front door. The dog next door barked, the neighbours voices were heard aloud. I lay there thinking "Someone is trying to get into the house". Then silence closed in.
    At 6.25am I got up and there was one of those clothes stickers you stick on a plastic bag full of used clothes, sticking out of the letterbox.
    Get about 3 of these a week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I get loads of these too. Pretty sure they have nothing to do with charity, but hey, when you have a load of old clothes you want to get rid of, it saves you a trip to the clothes bank... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

We get two or three a week. They are always there when we go downstairs in the morning, and since our dog lets out a growl on those mornings about 5.30 I reckon that's when it is dropped off. What with the ungodly hour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I contacted Concern in regards to this last year and got the following reply, the w@nkers who come around my area are all eastern europeans in Norther Ireland regged vans.

"Dear ******,

Thank you for your email. What is happening is to my mind very wrong. I can guarantee you that if you ring any of the phone numbers, which I have tried on occasion; you will never get a reply. What I have discovered is that these are bogus clothes collections. The are run by a crowd of shysters from Northern Ireland who merely sell on the clothes in bulk to Eastern Europe for profit.

As for the door to door collectors, I would strongly recommend that you contact your local Garda immediately you ever come across them again and advise your friends to do likewise. If they are genuine the Guards will be able to decide if they have proper permits or accreditation. Concern has suffered as have other charities by bogus collectors claiming to represent us. We do not encourage this type of collection. There have been quite a few caught by the Guards around Dublin as a result of the public phoning the local police station. I now think that they are merely moving further afield because of the pressure being asserted on them in Dublin. I hope I have been of assistance and again please call the Guards to help stamp this terrible fraud out.

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Byrne

Donor Care Administrator"

Advertisement