Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's finally beyond repair !

• 23-10-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Well the day has finally come.My atm card has died !
    Its had a split slowly growing from one side to the other for about the last two years now.Many a battle i've had with atm's trying to withdraw money:D

The best part is the issue date on the card is October 1996!!!!!!:eek::eek:

11 years!!! Not bad going i reckon !:D

Can anyone beat that im wondering ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

And you didn't get a new card when it broke because...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Can anyone beat that im wondering ?

Easily:) Had one from August 1987 until sometime in 2005. It was in pristine condition - the ATM ate it because it didn't like the magnetic strip on it anymore. Then the bank had the cheek to charge me for a new one! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

passive wrote: »
    And you didn't get a new card when it broke because...

Just didn't feel right. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I was using an ATM card from 1992 up until earlier this year when
    the bank automatically replaced it with a Laser card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Why is my life not as interesting as yours?

• Advertisement

2Scoops wrote: »
    Easily:) Had one from August 1987 until sometime in 2005. It was in pristine condition - the ATM ate it because it didn't like the magnetic strip on it anymore. Then the bank had the cheek to charge me for a new one! :mad:

:eek::eek::eek:
    Well that's put me to shame!:D

Lazare wrote: »
    Why is my life not as interesting as yours?

Nobody on the internet has an interesting life i thought:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yea, my bank just did that, never asked.

I don't have any use for lazer, they can bog off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

jesus my credit / laser cards are lucky if they last 3 months without some sort of bend or crack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

mine dates from 97... a black boi one i got starting college, and its still in one piece and works fine

have another aib one i havn't used for a good few years which was issued may 95... because it hasn't been used much since 97 its in pretty good condition... might try it one of these days

*yawns*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

sellotape will fix that up nice and dandy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The swipe strip on my debit card is getting very hard to be read by any of the machines, it is only 3 years old. We barely knew her. :/

Mine's from November 97, still grand after 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Same here.
    The magnetic strip was beginning to fade, there was one crack and the signature had rubbed off about 10 years ago, but it still worked.
    When I gave it up it was like a little piece of me died :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

1993 here, but like the OP's it has a split on both sides and they are slowly making their way towards each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

My friend has one from 1988.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

1985, the year I joined the army and still in regular use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ruu wrote: »
    The swipe strip on my debit card is getting very hard to be read by any of the machines, it is only 3 years old. We barely knew her. :/

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

6 and a half years old one here. I plan to keep it as long as possible though, it's one of them schoolkids cards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

6 and a half years old one here. I plan to keep it as long as possible though, it's one of them schoolkids cards :D

This is like in the movies where the good looking guy kisses his sweetheart goodbye and you just KNOW he's going to get shot and die.

You've just cursed your card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

I had one from 95/96 (can't remember)

Not so much as a fecking scratch on it. Then one day my ex needed to take out money. She sticks it in her back pocket and it comes back with a tear nearly right down the middle (lengthwise).

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

do they not reissue cards every 2 years or something?

i know mine used to get updated. which is annoying if you cancel or lose your card a month before you end up with about 3 different cards, 2 of which no longer work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

do they not reissue cards every 2 years or something?

i know mine used to get updated. which is annoying if you cancel or lose your card a month before you end up with about 3 different cards, 2 of which no longer work.
    My bank does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

2Scoops wrote: »
    What bank charged you for a card?

I've had about 4 cards in the last 2 years and one broken ATM trying to get a split card (completely split in two pieces) into the machine.

AIB are fairly good about getting new cards to you. I had one sent to me in Spain within 2 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

The card means nothing to me. I just use her for money. I mean it.

Advertisement