Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I still have flashbacks of Mulgrew in the 1st 5 mins at Fir Park and I still remember, very clearly, Lasley kicking the ground, trying to shoot, and winning a penalty.

In short, we can do ye a favour if we have played beach soccer all week! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Of course I don't think that the title is won far from it on fact but do far in the League Rangers are more or less doing what's asked of them and that's all I ask from them keep on winning and it makes it harder for anyone to catch us

Oh do you think Celtic will do us a favour tomorrow and take something off Motherwell ;) lol
    O your on fire tonight.I presume you do stand-up in your spare time?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Rangers Grant Adam arrested and charged over secterian incident!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Grant Adam in court tomorrow over a sectarian breach of the peace.

If he's found guilty he'll be sacked I imagine. Obviously depending on the offence.

Emerging pictures of alleged sectarian offence....

3451931787_ffe91e953a_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Innocent until proven guilty but of he is guilty then the club should sack him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

If the lad is guilty it will be interesting to see how Whyte deals with it, if I recall correctly one of the sticks used by fans to beat David Murray with was the failure of him and his board to defend Rangers fans when the club started getting punished by UEFA for sectarian singing, Whyte may well risk alienating himself from this section of the Rangers support if he does go ahead and sack Adam.

If the lad is guilty it will be interesting to see how Whyte deals with it, if I recall correctly one of the sticks used by fans to beat David Murray with was the failure of him and his board to defend Rangers fans when the club started getting punished by UEFA for sectarian singing, Whyte may well risk alienating himself from this section of the Rangers support if he does go ahead and sack Adam.

I think its a wee bit different to be honest mate, we were getting done for the singing and were being targetted by UEFA because certain people were constantly listening out for the slightest hint of a song and reporting it and Murray stayed silent, even when other fans were just as guilty.

I think Whyte will be pretty clear that there is no place for sectarianism at the club, and if the offence warrants it, then he will be told to leave the club.

Now this is where people seem to be mixed up the fans chastised Murray and the Noard long before the UEFA carry on for starters and it was not the fact he and they didn't stand up for us over the song it was because of the group that reported it and the allegiancies within it
    Rangers fans for years now have complained for year now it wasn't a level plaing field out there

I believe if he is guilty and it deem it he will be sacked as from what I here he has Ben warned about his behaviour a few times now though I stress not for anything sectarian
    If he is sacked very few fans will be offended this idea that hundreds or thousands of us would be up on a is silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Emerging pictures of alleged sectarian offence....

3451931787_ffe91e953a_o.jpg

I'd be entirely of the opinion that he is innocent until proven guilty, but until the facts of the case emerge, trying to downplay a charge of sectarianism as you are doing demonstrates a complete disregard for what is a fairly serious issue

• Advertisement

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I'd be entirely of the opinion that he is innocent until proven guilty, but until the facts of the case emerge, trying to downplay a charge of sectarianism as you are doing demonstrates a complete disregard for what is a fairly serious issue

Maybe you should read my posts about it before and after the picture before judging me on a wee bit of humour ffs.

Maybe you should read my posts about it before and after the picture judging me on a wee bit of humour ffs.

I did. Its factual, there's certainly no condemnation there if he is to be found guilty
    Grant Adam in court tomorrow over a sectarian breach of the peace.

If he's found guilty he'll be sacked I imagine. Obviously depending on the offence.

You didn't say he should be sacked if found guilty, just that you imagine he would be. Then decided to make light of a sectarian charge

EDIT
    I think its a wee bit different to be honest mate, we were getting done for the singing and were being targetted by UEFA because certain people were constantly listening out for the slightest hint of a song and reporting it and Murray stayed silent, even when other fans were just as guilty.

I think Whyte will be pretty clear that there is no place for sectarianism at the club, and if the offence warrants it, then he will be told to leave the club.

Certainly no condemnation there either, just an opinion that Rangers are being targeted and that Whyte may sack him if found guilty

I did. Its factual, there's certainly no condemnation there if he is to be found guilty

You didn't say he should be sacked if found guilty, just that you imagine he would be. Then decided to make light of a sectarian charge

I also never said he shouldn't be sacked did I? So you're making up your own mind on it and jumping to conclusions instead of actually asking?

Read this part:

That is my belief, how you can't see that I dont know, it couldnt be any plainer.

As for, "making light of a sectarian charge", its not rape or murder ffs he probably called someone a fenian. and yes, that is wrong, but its not world breaking news that a immature wee boy has shouted his mouth off.

If we can't have a wee bit of humour in our life then we might as well just give up now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I also never said he shouldn't be sacked did I? So you're making up your own mind on it and jumping to conclusions instead of actually asking?

Read this part:

That is my belief, how you can't see that I dont know, it couldnt be any plainer.

As for, "making light of a sectarian charge", its not rape or murder ffs he probably called someone a fenian. and yes, that is wrong, but its not world breaking news that a immature wee boy has shouted his mouth off.

If we can't have a wee bit of humour in our life then we might as well just give up now.
    Thats grand so, rangers fans wont mind IRA songs being sung at there games so. Sure we all need a bit of homour!

Thats grand so, rangers fans wont mind IRA songs being sung at there games so. Sure we all need a bit of homour!

Lol what? Where did I say anything about sectarianism or glorifying terrorists being funny? I said the picture was an attempt at humour, not calling someone a fenian.

People got a problem reading tonight or something?

Read this part:

You've no obligation to say whether or not he should be sacked, but if you're going to go making light of the whole thing, you should probably clarify
    I think Whyte will be pretty clear that there is no place for sectarianism at the club, and if the offence warrants it, then he will be told to leave the club

That reads like you're second guessing Whyte's opinion as oppose to giving your own, however you've said otherwise so fair enough

As you said, its not world breaking news, but I would have thought common sense should dictate that before making light of the whole thing, people should at least wait and hear the facts

You've no obligation to say whether or not he should be sacked, but if you're going to go making light of the whole thing, you should probably clarify

That reads like you're second guessing Whyte's opinion as oppose to giving your own, however you've said otherwise so fair enough

As you said, its not world breaking news, but I would have thought common sense should dictate that before making light of the whole thing, people should at least wait and hear the facts

The way I read it, and meant it, is that I think Whyte's opinion will be the same as mine, there is no place for sectarianism at the club.

I wasn't making light of it, its a serious allegation, but if sensible people like we have on here (the majority), can't have a wee chuckle at things, like has been done over many things in these two threads, then its a sad day imo.

The way I read it, and meant it, is that I think Whyte's opinion will be the same as mine, there is no place for sectarianism at the club.

There's obviously been a mix up, I misread you're post so I apologise for that

There's obviously been a mix up, I misread you're post so I apologise for that

No worries mate, its not always easy getting a point across on the internet.

I'm a Rangers fan in Donegal, some people would say I'm the definition of a mix up lol!

I'm a Rangers fan in Donegal, some people would say I'm the definition of a mix up lol!

As a Liverpool fan who has the absolute misfortune of being surrounded by Evertonians, I can sympathise :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Oh! So your the other one;)

Madam wrote: »
    Oh! So your the other one;)

The other what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

The other what?

Rangers supporter:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Scotland Tonight on STV opened with a discussion about the future of Rangers, Graham Spiers and head of Rangers supporters club (or something like that, didn't catch his name) were on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

They say anything new?

Dunfermline at the weekend. Should be an easy 3 points to be honest.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Dunfermline at the weekend. Should be an easy 3 points to be honest.

Sorry mate no game this weekend its international games the following week against St Johnstone at home is the next one. Looking forward to it be the first time over this season :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Sorry mate no game this weekend its international games the following week against St Johnstone at home is the next one. Looking forward to it be the first time over this season :)

He forgot about international week, understandable being from the 6 counties. ;)

PauloMN wrote: »
    He forgot about international week, understandable being from the 6 counties. ;)
    lol.:pac:

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Thought he'd be lending his support to the "other Irish team in green shirts"-the ones who dont wear poppies:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Thought he'd be lending his support to the "other Irish team in green shirts"-the ones who dont wear poppies:D

No thanks, dont want the likes of him in our support.

you trying to tell me we don't have those of the exact opposite way in our support ;)

you trying to tell me we don't have those of the exact opposite way in our support ;)

Not trying to tell you anything. Not sure what you mean tbh

Not trying to tell you anything. Not sure what you mean tbh

Its simple enough you said you didn't want people like Keith supporting our team I presume this is because of his at times bigoted views. I was merely stating we have bigots with opposite views to him in our support.
    See nothing to difficult
    If I am wrong about your reasons I am sure you will put me right :p

Yes. I am going to support the Irish Republic. :rolleyes:

I only support Northern Ireland for international football.

• Advertisement

"You guys confuse me".As the yanks would say..

Its simple enough you said you didn't want people like Keith supporting our team I presume this is because of his at times bigoted views. I was merely stating we have bigots with opposite views to him in our support.
    See nothing to difficult
    If I am wrong about your reasons I am sure you will put me right :p

Well personally i havent come across these bigots. Idiots, yes but bigots? Yet to meet them

Really? Wow, you do surprise me.

Well personally i havent come across these bigots. Idiots, yes but bigots? Yet to meet them

Well I can deduce from this a couple of things one being you walk about with your eyes and ears shut. Another is your deluded if you believe there are no bigots in the Republic of Ireland support
    I suppose they are just having the craic

Really? Wow, you do surprise me.

I can't believe you are having a go at someone because of the country they support :confused:

• Advertisement

I can't believe you are having a go at someone because of the country they support :confused:

Eh, im not actually.

Eh, im not actually.

Ok sorry read that wrong

Well I can deduce from this a couple of things one being you walk about with your eyes and ears shut. Another is your deluded if you believe there are no bigots in the Republic of Ireland support
    I suppose they are just having the craic

Well you can deduce what you want and throw insults all you like, i honestly havent come across any bigots and ive been going to Ireland matches home and away for over 20 years. Maybe if you give a few examples?

Well you can deduce what you want and throw insults all you like, i honestly havent come across any bigots and ive been going to Ireland matches home and away for over 20 years. Maybe if you give a few examples?

Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"
    "**** off and support NI you Rangers Scum" etc etc

And there wasn't any insults in what I said I will stand by it every word

Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"

Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated

Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin

Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated

Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted

Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin

Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour

Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted

This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian

Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour

You're apologising to me??:confused: No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement