Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + HD latest software glitches?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 7:39pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New HD + 2 Tb box, with the latest download of the software.

Before I start into Sky, is anyone else seeing issues with the latest software download, when using planner playback?

I'm seeing strange things, especially when going into fast forward over the adverts, I suspect it's related to the program not being HD, and the adverts being HD, on occasions, I get strange colour bars on screen, and a few times, the picture has frozen, but the box is still responding to the remote.

If the picture locks up, I can get it back by stopping the playback, and it usually goes back to the channel I was on, re-entering planner and the program I was watching, it will restart OK.

Another issue I've seen is that if I am watching a playback which is one of a number, and then delete all but one, it does not always go back up to the correct program at the planner level, which runs the risk of deleting the wrong program.

So, is anyone seeing similar issues?

Thanks

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

New HD + 2 Tb box, with the latest download of the software.

Before I start into Sky, is anyone else seeing issues with the latest software download, when using planner playback?

I'm seeing strange things, especially when going into fast forward over the adverts, I suspect it's related to the program not being HD, and the adverts being HD, on occasions, I get strange colour bars on screen, and a few times, the picture has frozen, but the box is still responding to the remote.

If the picture locks up, I can get it back by stopping the playback, and it usually goes back to the channel I was on, re-entering planner and the program I was watching, it will restart OK.

Another issue I've seen is that if I am watching a playback which is one of a number, and then delete all but one, it does not always go back up to the correct program at the planner level, which runs the risk of deleting the wrong program.

So, is anyone seeing similar issues?

Thanks

The first bit could have something to do with their new Ad Smart tailored advertising, log into your MY SKY and opt out in your marketing preferences, record something and see if it's made a difference.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

OK, will try that and see if it makes any difference, though I suspect that the issue is that the program is SD, the ads are HD and the box is getting upset with the changeover for some reason.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

Channels don't change from HD to SD... a channel is either HD or SD. So if your ads are in HD then the whole channel is in HD, and the program you're watching has been upscaled from SD to HD at the broadcast point. I don't think that's going to be your issue.

To be honest it sounds like a dodgy hard disk not able to read the data fast enough when you fast forward...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Channels don't change from HD to SD... a channel is either HD or SD. So if your ads are in HD then the whole channel is in HD, and the program you're watching has been upscaled from SD to HD at the broadcast point. I don't think that's going to be your issue.

To be honest it sounds like a dodgy hard disk not able to read the data fast enough when you fast forward...

that could be interesting, as it's a new box, I will see if it gets any worse, as there's plenty of time on the warranty for that to go one way or the other, it wasn't giving any issues with R09, which makes me suspicious that it's related to the latest update, as nothing else has changed.

We often have 2 recording, and another playback running, and so far, it's not shown any issues with that, which is about as hard as the disc can be pushed, it's only as it transitions from standard to faster speed that I've seen this, and only on Sky 2, which looking at it is not an HD channel anyway, so that kills that idea.

Advertisement