Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easytrip tags

Options
  • 01-07-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I have a quick question about the easytrip toll tags.

It says on the website that when you sign up for an account with them, you are charged a fee of only 62 cent per toll.

Now this might seem like a stupid question, but does this mean that all you pay for using the m50 is 62c each go, or does it mean that you pay 62c on top of the 2 euro fee? I'm new to the motorway so not sure how the pricing system for these things work.

Thanks a mill guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No, the 62c is a monthly fee you pay in addition to the normal toll charge.

You are correct to ask, it really isn't clear on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Easytrip: Lynn

With an Easytrip tag your toll or car parking fee is collected and passed on to the individual toll plazas or car park. This charge is deducted from your Easytrip account each time you use the toll road or car park . The rates for the toll roads and car parks are set by the different road operators, NRA and car park owners.

Using an Easytrip tag on the M50 means you will pay the lowest rate which is only pay €2 per trip for a car and also you receive the lowest rate even for larger vehicles.

There is a monthly admin fee associated with your account which provides you with the following:

Automated payments to your Easytrip account
    E-mailed monthly statements to keep track of all your toll & car park charges making keeping records & claiming expenses easier
    Online access to manage your account, update details, view statements
    Call-centre
    Automated phone service to update details
    Use of the express lane at toll plazas
    WEEE requirements
    Rental (applies to rental tags only)
    Insurance of your tag (replacement tags for faulty tags) (1 year for purchased tags)
    Free replacement tag holders
    Eastlink Rebate Statement Distribution (Class 8 vehicles)

We offer you two types of Easytrip accounts. You can purchase your Easytrip Tag and reduce your monthly admin fee or you can rent your Easytrip tag.

1. Purchased tag account - Monthly Admin fee €0.50 cent Plus VAT and an initial fee of €30.49 per tag.

2. Hired tag account - Monthly Admin fee - €1.00 plus VAT and no initial fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Why are the prices quoted ex-VAT? I thought it was primarily a consumer service?

Good point. Will quote prices with VAT in future, sorry for the confusion.

Hired account admin fee = €1.23
    Purchased tag account admin fee = €0.62

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Quick question for Lynn re the charges - sorry for dragging up an old thread.

Please see screenshot below. You will notice that I am being charged €0.62 twice every month for using the tag - I bought my tag a few years ago and am wondering what the "Services own tag" charge is for. I have hidden the transponder code for the tag.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi,

From looking at this screenshot it looks like you have a purchased tag account
    -€0.62 per month for tolling admin fee
    -but it also looks like the parking facility is active on your account which is a further €0.62 admin fee per month.

If you would like to discuss your account more you can PM me if you like or e-mail us on info@easytrip.ie (include in the title for the attn of Lynn)

Lynn

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    Quick question for Lynn re the charges - sorry for dragging up an old thread.

Please see screenshot below. You will notice that I am being charged €0.62 twice every month for using the tag - I bought my tag a few years ago and am wondering what the "Services own tag" charge is for. I have hidden the transponder code for the tag.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Hi Lynn

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and clearing up the extra charge. Now I have to decide whether it's worth keeping the parking!

18 Car Parks and more coming - click here for information ---> http://easytrip.ie/Services/car-parking
    Any questions let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leeward

They started this new service (easytrip charge2mobile) in the last few days.
    No flat rate/ monthly fees for the service :)

I found it hard to find the rates for the toll.

Are they the same as with a normal Tag? 2 euro.

Hi,

Yes the toll rates are the exact same as if you were paying cash at any of the tolls.
    You just sign up to this account with your O2 mobile phone and you do not have to worry about paying your M50 charges anymore and you get to use the express lane at all other toll plazas.

Here is a link for more information: http://charge2mobile.easytrip.ie/about.html
    Or feel free to PM me.

leeward wrote: »
    They started this new service (easytrip charge2mobile) in the last few days.
    No flat rate/ monthly fees for the service :)

I found it hard to find the rates for the toll.

Are they the same as with a normal Tag? 2 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hi,

Yes the toll rates are the exact same as if you were paying cash at any of the tolls.
    You just sign up to this account with your O2 mobile phone and you do not have to worry about paying your M50 charges anymore and you get to use the express lane at all other toll plazas.

Here is a link for more information: http://charge2mobile.easytrip.ie/about.html
    Or feel free to PM me.

Hi Lynn, you haven't really made that clear for M50 users, do you pay the €2 tag fare or the €3 "pay-later-cash" fare when using the tag there

Sorry about that.

When using the Charge2Mobile service with O2 & Easytrip when using the M50 you pay the €3 toll charge (as there are no administration fees on this account - it would mainly suit in-frequent users).

If you open a normal Easytrip account the M50 would be €2 but there is a monthly admin fee (so this would suit frequent users).

Hi Lynn, you haven't really made that clear for M50 users, do you pay the €2 tag fare or the €3 "pay-later-cash" fare when using the tag there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Sorry about that.

When using the Charge2Mobile service with O2 & Easytrip when using the M50 you pay the €3 toll charge (as there are no administration fees on this account - it would mainly suit in-frequent users).

If you open a normal Easytrip account the M50 would be €2 but there is a monthly admin fee (so this would suit frequent users).

I see that would make sense the fact that there is no account fees, you guys need to make money somehow after all lol, thanks for the clarification lynn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I see this post was from a few years ago, just wondering if the fees have changed much and which would be cheaper? Easytrip or eflow?

With an Easytrip tag your toll or car parking fee is collected and passed on to the individual toll plazas or car park. This charge is deducted from your Easytrip account each time you use the toll road or car park . The rates for the toll roads and car parks are set by the different road operators, NRA and car park owners.

Using an Easytrip tag on the M50 means you will pay the lowest rate which is only pay €2 per trip for a car and also you receive the lowest rate even for larger vehicles.

There is a monthly admin fee associated with your account which provides you with the following:

Automated payments to your Easytrip account
    E-mailed monthly statements to keep track of all your toll & car park charges making keeping records & claiming expenses easier
    Online access to manage your account, update details, view statements
    Call-centre
    Automated phone service to update details
    Use of the express lane at toll plazas
    WEEE requirements
    Rental (applies to rental tags only)
    Insurance of your tag (replacement tags for faulty tags) (1 year for purchased tags)
    Free replacement tag holders
    Eastlink Rebate Statement Distribution (Class 8 vehicles)

We offer you two types of Easytrip accounts. You can purchase your Easytrip Tag and reduce your monthly admin fee or you can rent your Easytrip tag.

1. Purchased tag account - Monthly Admin fee €0.50 cent Plus VAT and an initial fee of €30.49 per tag.

2. Hired tag account - Monthly Admin fee - €1.00 plus VAT and no initial fee.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Please don't restart threads from years ago, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement