Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christ, what did I do...

• 22-07-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

so i was driving to work this morning minding my own business when i noticed a car with it's rear right door open (not fully opened but you know the way).

so i thought i'd be a good samartian and tell the driver, so i pull up beside the car i signalled to the driver to roll down the window and preceeded to tell the driver that the rear right door was open.

well what a ****ing mistake that was, i got the whole how dare you tell me how to drive rant, "mind your own ****ing business" was also said.

i wouldn't mind really but before this the driver tried to change lane when there were cars to the left and to the right nearly crashed into both of them.

but to seal the deal, get this, when i talked to the driver, she had wonky lipstick on due to her doing her lipstick whilst trying to change lane and you think that's bad... think how i felt when i saw a fecking child in a car seat beside the door that was opened.

in future i think i'll keep my mouth shut and let small kids be in such dangerous positions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Cremo wrote: »
    so i was driving to work this morning minding my own business when i noticed a car with it's rear right door open (not fully opened but you know the way).

so i thought i'd be a good samartian and tell the driver, so i pull up beside the car i signalled to the driver to roll down the window and preceeded to tell the driver that the rear right door was open.

well what a ****ing mistake that was, i got the whole how dare you tell me how to drive rant, "mind your own ****ing business" was also said.

i wouldn't mind really but before this the driver tried to change lane when there were cars to the left and to the right nearly crashed into both of them.

but to seal the deal, get this, when i talked to the driver, she had wonky lipstick on due to her doing her lipstick whilst trying to change lane and you think that's bad... think how i felt when i saw a fecking child in a car seat beside the door that was opened.

in future i think i'll keep my mouth shut and let small kids be in such dangerous positions.

I'd have done the same, you can't do anything about the fact some people are careless a$$holes while driving, but most peole would be grateful!! Well done Sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Some people eh? :(

Stupid bint.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think we all see drivers doing ridiculously stupid things all the time. I used to get angry. That didnt work. Then I tried to get even. That didnt work.
    Now I just let Darwinism slowly take its course.
    How clever is the kid gonna be if the mother is that dumb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

so i was driving to work this morning minding my own business when

So really you weren't minding your own business now where you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

right so would you like it if the kid fell out of the car and went splat on your front bumper?

i certainly wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Would I lose my no claims?
    Bullbars FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

right so would you like it if the kid fell out of the car and went splat on your front bumper?

i certainly wouldn't.

As I said, thats a 1 in a million, most people would be grateful for your help... You were 1000000% right in telling her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Wimmin drivers!!!!! :rolleyes:

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Wimmin drivers!!!!! :rolleyes:
    it's not just that though, it could of easily just have been a guy with a wonkily cut beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Reminds me of that episode of Frasier when he tried to be a good samaritan all day and only got grief for his troubles.

You were right to tell her btw. Her own fault that she couldn't see you were trying to help her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Why not just give her a slap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

She didn't like being disturbed in her own little cosmetic filled cocoon. :roll-thine-eyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Next time it happens just ram the car to, y'know, help her close the door.

She'll thank you for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

OMG ungrateful cow! :mad:

Feel sorry for the poor lil tot!:(
    Ha ha wonky lipstick, i hope you laughed at her! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Stupid cow...she probably gave out because she was embarressed tho..passing the buck like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Would I lose my no claims?

:D

Feel sorry for the kid. For her to do her lipstick while driving is irresponsible enough, but to be so flippant when she found out she left the door open and her kid next to it is bad.

Still, you were unlucky on this one. 9 out of 10 people would've thanked you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,078 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Steve_o wrote: »
    I'd have done the same, you can't do anything about the fact some people are careless a$$holes while driving, but most peole would be grateful!! Well done Sir!

What a load of crock. Its called Reckless Endangerment, and its a criminal offense. "Cant do anything about it" my hole.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Today I saw a 08 mondeo that somehow hadn't closed their bonnet properly. I did consider turning around and telling them, but previous blank looks put me off.

I did however dare to beep an aged cyclist today. In my defense he was lying reclined cycling his three wheeled bike on the dual carriageway between bunratty and shannon. I know some hardcore cyclist will tell me that despite him doing a brisk 10 mph he had as much right as me to be on the road. He was however having a chat with another cyclist who was in the hard shoulder at the time. I think he appreciated it really though. He motioed with his middle finger that he that I was a number one guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Reg number and Gardaí.

A little extreme, but no-one should be allowed drive carelessly. If you witnessed her driving unsafely with a child in the car report it and just maybe they'll pop round and scare her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Outrage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,078 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Reg number and Gardaí.

A little extreme, but no-one should be allowed drive carelessly. If you witnessed her driving unsafely with a child in the car report it and just maybe they'll pop round and scare her.
    Agreed. Even if you cant prove anything or get them jailed thats hardly a cause for a defeatist attitude. Having the Gardai drop by and have a chat will hopefully ensure theres one more driver out there made blatantly aware of road safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Twinkers

You were dead right to bring it to her attention and as others have said, 9 out of 10 people would most likely have thanked you.

Stupid cow - she should be more concerned about her child's safety than her feckin lipstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I'm delighted she ended up with wonky lip stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Na don't do that there's always mad bitches out there, I for one would appricate the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Carton milk out window, that will show her. I ber she looked like the joker out of batman after her lipstick ordeal.
    :pac:

i tried to remember the reg plate but afair it was a 00 D car with a 100000 number i had no pen to write it down.

it really did put me in a real bad mood for the rest of the day tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

well what a ****ing mistake that was, i got the whole how dare you tell me how to drive rant, "mind your own ****ing business" was also said
    ...and my mom got scared and said, "you're moving with your aunt and uncle in Bel-Air"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was overtaking a mammy wagon the other day on a dual carriageway. As I pass, maintaining a constant speed, the car I'm overtaking speeds up and comes back level. I look at the driver to see what they were up to... eyes down, looked like she was texting, child seat in the back. 120km/h :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭COH

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Next time it happens just ram the car to, y'know, help her close the door.

She'll thank you for that.

+1 we can watch the footage on Road Wars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the anger of embarressement strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

As I was cycling some old lady shouted at me to get a light. I know she is right, but at the time I was angry

Advertisement