Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No passport going to london?

• 05-06-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

i recently travelled to london with someone who only required their drivers license. shes too young for that obviously but perhaps you should phone and ask about what photo id is acceptable, call the airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just put her in a carry on bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Think she might need some sort of photo id such as a drivers license .I produced this recently along with out of date passport on depatures from liverpool to dublin and was ok , as like your sister my passport needs to be renewed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

or call to the local garda station and explain the situation. they might give a cover letter, stamp it etc, to allow her travel

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Depends on her nationality.

But from Ryanair

For British and Irish citizens who are travelling on flights to/from the United Kingdom to/from the Republic of Ireland (Common Travel Area), a valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID. Passengers who are citizens of other countries travelling on these routes must present a valid passport (with visa if applicable) or a National Identity Card issued by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country.

So, if she has no Drivers Licence she will need a passport if going by Ryanair, for example. I'd call the conveyor and find out. Get names and numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Children included on the passport of the parent with whom they are travelling

Is that an escape?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Your really a Roma tryin to steal a child....

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

I think it depends on the airline. Last year we flew to West Midlands airport via Ryanair and my 13yr old daughter had no passport but they accepted her birth cert and student card which I got from USIT, Usit just needed a letter from her school confirming she was a student stc. Hmmm... just forgot it's school holidays but I don't think you'll have any prob. Hope everything goes well, I'm sure it will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

What i found amusing was that on my rtn to liverpool , the polish girl on ryan air check in at Dublin airport was eyeing me up and down to make sure i was who my licence ID said i was, and me a dub on his home patch :D

times have changed indeed ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The travelling without any ID and with an adult who is not their parent may raise questions though, but will probably not get asked for any ID apart from at checkin.

BTW, just remembered, most school secretary's are still working at the school this week and if you really want to be 100% about it go to the school sec first thing in the morn - get the letter - go to your nearest USIT office it takes only minutes to get the student card (just need 2 photos) they will laminate the card and that will be OK. I hope the flight isn't too early!

OK, good, please let us know!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

NiSmO wrote: »
    Chopped up body, I knew it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma