Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

^ nice shoes. I got new shoes as well today:

ZJIteW5.jpg

Mercanti Fiorentini, in Monza menswear on Dawson Street. The guy was trying to BS me that they were especially made Italian handmade shoes, but I know my mid-range shoes and I know that this brand is actually the in house brand of Discount Shoe Warehouse, which is an American company. They were on sale at €175 but I got him down to €150. Always pays to haggle! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got these black ankle boots in New Look today, reduced to only €15
    ?$new_pdp_szoom_image_1200$

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Array.jpg

She's a terrible advertisement for the company but I think in real life this could be quite smart looking. eBay- about €84 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Apologies for the size, ASOS €38.73

image1xxl.jpg

and

€30

image1xxl.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions for jewellery for either I'd be grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Gold-Plated-Criss-Cross-Torque-Necklace/000000000022433143,en_IE,pd.html?start=
    I think this would look great with the first one purplecow - M&S have some really nice costume jewelry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Belk?layer=0&src=1502129_10600270_A_650_T10L00&layer=comp&$P_PROD$

Got this in TJ Maxx in Chicago for $44. Thinking that I might be able to wear it to a wedding in Italy this summer. Now to find shoes to match!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Down home for the weekend and saw a sign for Freddy jeans in a shop window, tried them on and just couldn't leave them behind. They are so comfy and without being crude, they make your posterior look incredible! They're expensive at 119 for the pair I got but from my research of them they don't sag like most other jeans do after a few washes, so they should last a lot longer than jeans from the likes of new look, river island etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Got this in TJ Maxx in Chicago for $44. Thinking that I might be able to wear it to a wedding in Italy this summer. Now to find shoes to match![/quote]

There's so much colour in the dress you'd have no bother finding shoes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

yellow hen wrote: »
    Got this in TJ Maxx in Chicago for $44. Thinking that I might be able to wear it to a wedding in Italy this summer. Now to find shoes to match!

No image attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

No image attached.

The dress is in post #9368 :)

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There's so much colour in the dress you'd have no bother finding shoes.

No image attached.[/quote]

In my hurry not to quote the image, I deleted the first quote marks so it posted arseways. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Been busy over Easter:

ASOS T-Shirt With Crew Neck In Orange:
    image1xl.jpg

ASOS T-Shirt With Cut And Sew Panel - Navy/tobacco marl:
    image1xl.jpg

ASOS Mid Length Swim Shorts In Khaki:
    image1xl.jpg

Onfire White espadrilles (from M&M direct):
    Onfire-Herren-Canvas-Espadrille-Weiss-von-Onfire-Weiss-Groesse-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-96747479.jpg?w=284

Suitsupply Washington Grey Herringbone:
    1Qsc3.jpg

Suitsupply white chino:
    j8vXH.jpg

Suitsupply Napoli navy:
    lm7gE.jpg

TM Lewin London white shirt:
    54881_original_original.jpg?sw=140&sh=170&sfrm=jpg

TM Lewin sky blue twill shirt:
    53205_original_original.jpg?sw=140&sh=170&sfrm=jpg

edit: nearly forgot, Adidas Hamburg:
    ham1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You can buy on the Irish H&M site now and they have free delivery until 24th April so I took advantage of that and bought a couple of tops. Bargain at €4.99 each.

main]

main]

You can buy on the Irish H&M site now and they have free delivery until 24th April so I took advantage of that and bought a couple of tops. Bargain at €4.99 each.

Great news that you can finally buy online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

They've arrived! Now to figure out what to do with them! :D €17.18 including delivery from iherb.com
    Real-Techniques-Core-Collection-Makeup-Brushes-Stand-side-view2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm in a grey mood and there's also grey weather outside. Any what do I order: a grey suit!!
    Jacket: http://www2.hm.com/en_ie/productpage.0349867004.html
    Trousers: http://www2.hm.com/en_ie/productpage.0350082003.html
    And a pretty little necklace in rose gold to cheer me up: http://www2.hm.com/en_ie/productpage.0328592003.html

Tried them on a while ago in store as I was looking for a light grey suit for work. Got an email from H&M yesterday offer 20% off and free delivery.

I got these in Penney's today, reduced from €19 to €7 :)

D35397116199717-medium.jpg?d=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Micharl Kors scarf, €10 in TK Maxx. Delighted. :D

6LoXZDs.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought a pair of J Brand jeans in TK Maxx the other week thanks to a tip-off from a fellow boardsie! €70 instead of almost €300 :cool: They fit really well, I'm delighted with them!

This may well be common knowledge, but if you donate a bag* of unwanted clothes to H&M you get a voucher, €5 off when you spend €25. I plan on buying a few light jumpers for the summer after a recent wardrobe clearout (I now only own the one pair aforementioned jeans :o) so this will come in handy :) The voucher I got today is good until the end of August.

*I asked what exactly "a bag" means, and they were very vague. They don't seem to have a minimum or maximum number of items. I brought in a plastic M&S bag with 5 items in it, so it was pretty full, and they didn't even look in it. I have 3 more bags with the same amount of clothes in them, so that'll be 3 more vouchers for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

^^^ and a little bird tells me that it's two vouchers per bag this week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I've done a bit of shopping lately. I got a few pieces in Cos that I am looking forward to getting but I doubt many would a appreciate a plain white or stripy top as I do. (And I still didn't figure out how copy their images. But I got great pair of flashy shoes so I don't stray too far towards simple scandi chic. They were 65last week and are back to 90 Euro now.

44910009cm_14_f.jpg

^^^ and a little bird tells me that it's two vouchers per bag this week ;)

This is actually next week, so starts tomorrow :) I brought in a second bag yesterday and they told me they wouldn't take it, wait until next week and get 2 vouchers instead :) They also take old bedclothes and towels etc, basically anything that can be recycled into clothing :)

jokettle wrote: »
    This is actually next week, so starts tomorrow :) I brought in a second bag yesterday and they told me they wouldn't take it, wait until next week and get 2 vouchers instead :) They also take old bedclothes and towels etc, basically anything that can be recycled into clothing :)

So is it any clothes at all? I just filled several bags for charity shop but I'm sure I can find more! I'm due a new post-baby wardrobe :)

Yep, anything at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Yeah, sorry about that, got my weeks mixed up!! Anything except shoes, make sure your stuff's in normal sized carrier bags rather than huge bin bags, coz the vouchers are meant to be per bag regardless of size, so you may not get as many as you should!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I've just moved apartment and have had to buy all new bed sheets, this will be a great way to get rid of the old ones, they'd be in good shape for fabric recycling!!

Thanks so much for the tips guys :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got this in Coast recently for my brothers wedding in June. It looks way nicer on me.....I think! :pac:

?wid=244&hei=430&size=244,430&cropN=.2,0,.57,1&layer=1&src=Debenhams%2F58607_01608098&size=430,430&qlt=85&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,0.5,5,0

jokettle wrote: »

I never made it to h&m with my bags :( Is this over now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

yellow hen wrote: »
    I never made it to h&m with my bags :( Is this over now?

The two vouchers for a bag is over, but you can still bring in bags of recycling and get one voucher for each of them instead of two.

• Advertisement

_meehan_ wrote: »
    The two vouchers for a bag is over, but you can still bring in bags of recycling and get one voucher for each of them instead of two.

Ok thanks. Better than nothing so I'll drop them in tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement