Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meet the Irish Pro cyclists

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Hi Guys,

This is my gig. Hope to see a few Boards.ie members in the crowd.

Should be a great night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Got two tickets this morning - in the words of one of the guys in work, four pro-cyclists for the price of one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Forgot to get tickets this morning. Got 2 now tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I've seen people complain about the price. I genuinely expected this to be more, it's reasonable! Can't wait.

Hi Gys,

Thanks for the positive feedback re price of tickets! Thought I had got it wrong with one or two comments I read but as someone here said 4 for the price of 1!

There may even be a surprise guest on the night!

We're hoping for there to be a series of similar events in 2015 with international riders so for the lastest info follow us on Facebook: Blue Gate Sports or on Twitter @bluegatesports

Dave
    PS: Hope this post is ok mods?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Dave11 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Should be a great night

Hi...I put it up here as I thought boardsies might be interested and it looked like a good gig.....Not claiming it as mine or anything...just been helpful
    Quite happy to delete if you want ...

MPFG wrote: »
    Hi...I put it up here as I thought boardsies might be interested and it looked like a good gig.....Not claiming it as mine or anything...just been helpful
    Quite happy to delete if you want ...

God.... Not at all mate. Was merely introducing myself as the person behind the event. Thanks very much for putting it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Come on, 28 Euros is steep..

Pdoghue wrote: »

How? They need to cover the cost of the venue and the cost of having 4 pro cyclists. It's a Q and A and a bit of an event. What would you expect to pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Hi Guys,

Should be a great night

Dave,

What is the format ? is it just a Q&A ?

• Advertisement

€7 for Nico Roche, €7 for Dan Martin, €7 for Philip Deignan, €7 for Sam Bennett... I'd consider paying €7 to attend a Q&A with any of them a bargain, so for all of them it's a great deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Feck it, make it 35€. Dan Martin is definitely worth double - the man's season was drama personified!

quozl wrote: »
    Feck it, make it 35€. Dan Martin is definitely worth double - the man's season was drama personified!

I think they are all worth at least 10Euro each....imagine they can give great insights in to

Being new to the World Tour ranks and having your first of many win
    Plus whos a pain in the arse in those sprints, what goes on etc

Riding again at World Tour level
    Riding for SKY...is everything controlled to the nth degree
    Is Chris Froome really nice or boring or is he a very tough cookie

Crashing out of the Giro and how it felt on the first day in your home country
    How did it feel to then win Il Lombardia
    Which GT will you target next year

What is riding for Bjarne like and how will it differ from Brailsford
    What do you think of Tinkoff proposal for 1 million to race 3 Gts
    Are you still hoping to lead in GT in 2015

All in a position to answer different but interesting questions

Hi Pdoghue,

Thanks for your comment. The price of the ticket was dictated by the cost of putting the event together. Hope to see you there on the 13th for a great evening.

Dave,

What is the format ? is it just a Q&A ?

Hi carltonleon,

The format is as follows:

19:00 Doors open.

19:00-20:00 Time to look through our trade partners for the night with stands from Science in Sport, Richies Bikestore, Sunglasses.ie, Rocca Sports, Wyldsson and more.

At this time the four pros will be moving freely around the show for photos/autographs and chat.

20:00-22:30 ish.... The pros will take to the stage with commentator Cian Lynch afor a round table chat. (Possible break to be inserted)

22:30-23:00 More time to meet with the lads and look at the stands.

I hope to see you there for what will be a great night.

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give you a heads up about the competition we're running for two tickets to our event.

All you need to do is go onto our page, like the page and share our competition post. Please ensure your privacy settings allow us to see that you have shared the post.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BlueGateSports

Like and share to win!!

Dave
    BGS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

This looks like a great night , to get photos autographs and chat from these 4 boys all in one place is deadly. I think it's a very fair price for the tickets . Best of luck for the event

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    This looks like a great night , to get photos autographs and chat from these 4 boys all in one place is deadly. I think it's a very fair price for the tickets . Best of luck for the event

Hope to see you there. Track me down and introduce yourself!

Can't wait to get my cycle for life t-shirt signed by a double monument winner :D

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Can't wait to get my cycle for life t-shirt signed by a double monument winner :D

Will have to arrange that he brings a few spare ones!

• Advertisement

Delighted to announce that 'An Evening with the Pros' will be recorded by Black Umbrella Productions and will be aired on Setanta Sports and hopefully another Irish channel soon tbc!

This is shaping up to be a great event!

PS: Thanks again mods for allowing me publicise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Purchased 2 tickets for me and my mate,looking forward to this now.

*** Two weeks to go ***

Only two weeks to go now before Nico, Dan, Philip and Sam descend on Dunboyne Castle. Tickets are limited so don't miss out guys.

Log on today to www.bluegatesports.ie for more info on event or www.tickets.ie for tickets.

Just keeps getting better!

Delighted to have Karen M. Edwards on board to record the whole day thru the lenses of her camera. Karen is well known in Irish Cycling and hopefully won't be long before we see her on the international stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

To the people complaining about the price of the tickets. Padraig Harrington is having a similar event. The tickets are priced at €50-60

We have now introduced a club special deal for fans looking to attend 'An Evening with the Pros'.

If you're a group from a club or Boards.ie then enter the promotional code 'cyclingclub' and get 6 tickets for price of 5!

Limited tickets available. Don't miss out.

www.tickets.ie for tickets.

Running a competition for 2 tickets on the Facebook page: Bluegate Sports.

Check it out. https://www.facebook.com/#!/BlueGateSports

Congrats to Mr John Kelly who won our Facebook competition for two tickets to our event.

Only 3 more sleeps guys until this great event.

Log on to www.bluegatesports.ie for ticket info

Don't forget the group special availble. Enter 'cyclingclub' in the promo for 6 adult tickets for 5

Keeps getting better!!!

We can confirm that Orihuela Costa Cycling Camps will attend the show and will be ginving away a FREE WEEKS ACCOMODATION to one lucky show attendee!!!

Just chat to the lads on the stand on the night to see how to enter.

• Advertisement

Morning,

*** Important Info ***

Lots of enquiries this morning regarding tickets on the night. Can we please spread the word that there WILL be tickets on the night and despite what some people have been told, the event is NOT sold out.

Really enjoyed the evening, very well put together Dave! Seemed very short, despite the fact it was nearly 3 hours!

Fecking half-drowned on the cycle home though. Where was the courtesy bus with bike racks? :P

Phillip Deignan seems like a lad I'd love to go for a pint with. Great night.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Phillip Deignan seems like a lad I'd love to go for a pint with. Great night.

I know - swoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Now that was a great night!!Ran till 10.45pm,way past the advertised finish time,yet to me it felt like 1 hour.All 4 riders spoke very very well,its clear to see all of them are intelligent lads.Great crowd turned out too,some very good questions asked at the end by audience members.
    The trade stands where well turned out,2 different prizes to be won from them,fair play.
    My only moan would be that only 1 stand had bikes on it,and the bikes on show aren't even ridden by the pro teams.A chance missed by the importers of brands that are ridden in the pro tour.
    Well worth the money,will go to the next one.And Im sure the organiser's (Dave) will have learned a lot to make the next one bigger and even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Very enjoyable night last night, well done to all involved in organising it.
    Looking forward to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Delighted to announce that 'An Evening with the Pros' will be recorded by Black Umbrella Productions and will be aired on Setanta Sports and hopefully another Irish channel soon tbc!

Any dates on when it may be aired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Really enjoyed the night as well, was well worth it imo.

sirpsycho wrote: »
    Any dates on when it may be aired?

Due to sit dwon in the editing room next week or so and will go out in the early in the New Year. I'll keep you posted on here.

Thanks very much for all the above feedback. ^^^^^^

Glad you all enjoyed the event. The four lads enjoyed it just as much and are wondering about a date for 2015! :)

See you all again soon hopefully!

Thanks very much for all the above feedback. ^^^^^^

Glad you all enjoyed the event. The four lads enjoyed it just as much and are wondering about a date for 2015! :)

See you all again soon hopefully!

maybe a 'down the country' venue as well.....Limerick or Galway , etc

Love to have gone but in London...glad it was a success

• Advertisement

MPFG wrote: »
    maybe a 'down the country' venue as well.....Limerick or Galway , etc

Love to have gone but in London...glad it was a success

I'll just bring it on tour and include some UK dates so you don't miss out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Could be onto something there with that. Great event.

Advertisement