Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LFCTV Relaunch

• 24-10-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/extra-channels/lfctv/

From Tuesday 4 November LFCTV HD will launch on Sky.
    Directly from our new look HD studios, Sky customers will be able to experience brand new shows, live and exclusive pre-season matches, exclusive behind-the-scenes access and live news from Melwood, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

It will be a standalone channel like MUTV and Chelsea Tv and it will cost €9 a month.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I imagine that means the end of the FTV SD version.

€9 seems a tad steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

€9 a month they can keep it....as much as I like the channel from time to time it aint worth even half that amount hd or no Hd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

bloody more money, ripoff again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Cant see many signing up for this. Strange move considering LFC probably gain a bit more exposure through being FTV. HD upscaling of old 80s and 90s matches or a few u18s/reserves games isn't going to add much to the casual fan. Much as I like the channel its not even worth €1 per month.
    Until Club channels can offer all the teams games in some sort of a season pass, they wont get massive subscription takeups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This belongs in Foreign Satellite but LFCTV is FTA on the satellite at 7 East. Channel name Arqiva HD 2. Probably won't last. Real Madrid TV is FTA on 9 East for years, but not in HD.

Eutelsat 7A (7.0°E)

Frequency: 12545 - Pol: H - SR: 7200 - FEC: -

Category: Sport - Football

Transmitted in: MPEG-4

Comments: Liverpool TV(s2/hdtv)

• Advertisement

I am a Liverpool fan but no way would I even pay €5 for it especially the way the team is playing at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

steveon wrote: »
    I am a Liverpool fan but no way would I even pay €5 for it especially the way the team is playing at the moment...

So you're only a fan when they're playing good?

They make pennies from each subscriber on the present setup - you could imagine how much extra income they will get at £7pm; and the facilities upgrade needs to be paid for.

They will get enough subscribers from amongst their genuine supporters who will be able to watch U21s and U18 matches live; plus club-dedicated first team pre-match, post-match and half-time coverage.
    Cant see many signing up for this. Strange move considering LFC probably gain a bit more exposure through being FTV. HD upscaling of old 80s and 90s matches or a few u18s/reserves games isn't going to add much to the casual fan. Much as I like the channel its not even worth €1 per month.
    Until Club channels can offer all the teams games in some sort of a season pass, they wont get massive subscription takeups.

What exactly is a casual fanatic? :eek:

I had to laugh at the idea that LFC need exposure too!

Now testing on

S2 12382.00MHz, pol.H SR:29500 FEC:3/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

LFCTV relaunched today when they advertised it on the Official Facebook Liverpool Fc page 99% of the fans disapproved of the £7 subscription.

Its a bit like Irish Water :D

Advertisement