Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SilverCrest Satellite dish stopped working

Options
  • 22-10-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Can anyone help me?

I have one of the LIDL satellites in place for the last couple of years and it was working fine and it has been blown off position a few times but I got it back easily enough. But the other night there was a high wind and the next day it was all messed up . Even the menus were screwed .
    When I went out to try and realign it I found the sweet spot with the whistler thingy but no joy at the box. It always just reads signal quality 7-14% and intesity 0%. No matter how many times I try to realign it and get the Sweet spot it just doesnt change.
    Then on the box I cant even find the different satellites anymore on the menus, It just says TV channels / Radio channels / All Satellites and it doesnt give me the option to flick between satellites like it used to.
    Its like somebody came and switched my box for one with completely different option than i had when I went to bed. I'm absolutely stumped. I never had any problems before and always realigned it with little problem , but now its like a different job altogether, Cant figure anything out. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Are you pointing at 28E or 19E?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dunlaffin

well it was pointing at 28 E I'm not sure what its pointing at now but the whistler is off the scales but the box is telling nothing.

it's almost like the memory on the box has been wiped and it has no idea what it supposed to be looking for. Is there a reset option or something ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

If the box thinks it is pointing at 28E but it is actually pointing at 19E, then it has lost its memory. Do a new scan for everything and see what you get.

okay , i just reset it to original setting and i have the channels back and the menus look normal again. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks.:rolleyes::)

• Advertisement

Thanks Sam !

Advertisement